Page 26 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    How do you square that with Atlantis being this mecca of magic as it was depicted in stories like Obsidian Age?
    my headcanon (since I still need to go back and do more DC Atlantis lore research) is that Atlantis had a significant homo magi population and a lot of magic infused technology prior to them being submerged and evolving into the Atlanteans they are today. that would explain why they have such an intimate relationship with magic and sorcery.

so I guess it would more fair to say that the Atlantian magic users are technically homo magi but they are just a variant within the Atlantian species/race; since the homo magi gene won't affect anything other than the ability to use magic.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-27-2021 at 06:29 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    UNPOPULAR AQUAMAN OPINION

I’ve enjoyed various writers takes on AQUAMAN and his associated characters.

That said, I even enjoyed Arthur, Jr. from the SWORD OF ATLANTIS run. I wouldn’t mind him returning to the series in some manner.
    I didn't read everything with him in it, but I do think he had potential. I also liked his look and that he carried the pirate-looking sword.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

OAN: Does Atlantis have any type of relations with any alien races? I think it would be interesting to have Atlantis/Aquaman meet other alien civilizations and establish the trading of goods, ideas, and technologies. Aquaman & Mera traveling to an alien world and being in alien oceans has a lot of story potential.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    UNPOPULAR AQUAMAN OPINION

I’ve enjoyed various writers takes on AQUAMAN and his associated characters.

That said, I even enjoyed Arthur, Jr. from the SWORD OF ATLANTIS run. I wouldn’t mind him returning to the series in some manner.
    I don’t think he was ever called Arthur Jr. his dad as far as the story went wasn’t Arthur after all he was Arthur Joseph though it would of been cool if he was AJ/Jr.

Speaking on him I liked his friendship with King Shark.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    OAN: Does Atlantis have any type of relations with any alien races? I think it would be interesting to have Atlantis/Aquaman meet other alien civilizations and establish the trading of goods, ideas, and technologies. Aquaman & Mera traveling to an alien world and being in alien oceans has a lot of story potential.
    I forgot what they were called but in the PAD run he interacted with an alien race that offered to unlock his telepathic potential among other stuff. I think him and Garth fought some aliens too in the same run.

And he’s continuously traveled to other dimensions and interacted with other dimensions. Thule? That Deadwater dimension. That dimension with Thanatos. Mera originally or possibly still is from another dimension. But I guess dimensions could be seen as different planes that exist on the same earth.

I guess other aliens would be with that whole space Kraken and water gods from that Snyder JL/ Aquaman arc Drowned Earth. Regardless I’d love to see more interactions among aliens in the Aquaman mythos I’d also like to see Qwsp pop back up and Arion

EvPOVFdWgAgUVbb.jpg

latest image from animation.

So Twitter is screaming that Heard is out as Mera?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    One year of Andy - Born in February 2020 - Happy Birthday Princess
    Best addition to Aquaman in years

Attachment 106599
    She’s so adorable!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

EvPOVFdWgAgUVbb.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So Twitter is screaming that Heard is out as Mera?
    False news, must have been the fifth time in six months same fake news, the source is a website called "sausage roll", imagine the credibility. The reason they gave is because she is getting fat
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-28-2021 at 11:17 AM.

EvPOVFdWgAgUVbb.jpg

Yeah, that uh...that's a thing.

EvPOVFdWgAgUVbb.jpg

Poseidon's Pubes!!! What the yuck is this?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

EvPOVFdWgAgUVbb.jpg

I am the optimistic one here and... Yeah this doesn't look great.

BANNED

Since the Atlantean royal family has powers exclusive to their line, I would imagine there's been a lot of in-breeding to keep those powers over generations--like the Targaryens and their blood-magic/telepathic abilities.

BANNED

"Hey, AqUaMaN, does the carpet match the drapes?"

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Since the Atlantean royal family has powers exclusive to their line, I would imagine there's been a lot of in-breeding to keep those powers over generations--like the Targaryens and their blood-magic/telepathic abilities.
    I think it's just a blessing in their bloodline activated by those worthy. It's some magical chosen one stuff. I don't think DC wants one of their premier heroes getting his powers from incest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think it's just a blessing in their bloodline activated by those worthy. It's some magical chosen one stuff. I don't think DC wants one of their premier heroes getting his powers from incest.
    Maybe they don't want logic applied to it, but if there weren't in-breeding, then other Atlanteans would have royal blood and could be worthy.