Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    But its Mera that had the strength to get rid of it and freeing them "both" from the shackles to reign. The way she takes honestly hasn't me sold 100% and why she waited that long, when she could have done it much before. Again its a contradiction, because previously KSD claims that Mera overshadows Arthur and its Mera that ends the monarchy, practically overshadowing him.
    But that's part of the drama I believe.
    I don't know if it's "strength," I think she was as done with it as he was. She was arguably done with it before he was because she never wanted it any more than he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it's "strength," I think she was as done with it as he was. She was arguably done with it before he was because she never wanted it any more than he did.
    that she was made Queen on her own right was forced, since the start of New 52 we had various occasions in which she showed her disdain for Atlantis. AT the end of Johns run, she reluctantly returns to Atlantis just for Arthur's sake
    Just few issues before becoming Queen, she couldn't wait to leave Atlantis when Arthur was dethroned. Than suddenly she changes opinion, and one thing about Mera is that she is very stubborn. It was so out of character.
    But all that comes down to the fact they wanted to make the Mera mini solo and for that reason Abnett even stretched his rath arc even more.

that she was made Queen on her own right was forced, since the start of New 52 we had various occasions in which she showed her disdain for Atlantis. AT the end of Johns run, she reluctantly returns to Atlantis just for Arthur's sake
    Just few issues before becoming Queen, she couldn't wait to leave Atlantis when Arthur was dethroned. Than suddenly she changes opinion, and one thing about Mera is that she is very stubborn. It was so out of character.
    But all that comes down to the fact they wanted to make the Mera mini solo and for that reason Abnett even stretched his rath arc even more.
    I mean, she was literally raised to hate Atlantis and their royalty, pretty much.

I mean, she was literally raised to hate Atlantis and their royalty, pretty much.
    without any doubt as you say, but she was also aware that she was not liked "I know I'm as welcome in Atlantis as an oil slick".
    As mentioned previously, Mera is very stubborn and does not change opinion easily. That's why her change of heart regarding being Queen sounded so forced. Since first issue of N52 she was always against going back to Atlantis and suddenly accepts the throne.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 02-12-2021 at 07:31 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Another month of drought, boys and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, but Joshua Williamson interview gave me hope that it won't be a long wait

without any doubt as you say, but she was also aware that she was not liked "I know I'm as welcome in Atlantis as an oil slick".
    As mentioned previously, Mera is very stubborn and does not change opinion easily. That's why her change of heart regarding being Queen sounded so forced. Since first issue of N52 she was always against going back to Atlantis and suddenly accepts the throne.
    I think it was somewhat explained by tense situations and thinking short-term how to help Arthur against Rath.

I think it was somewhat explained by tense situations and thinking short-term how to help Arthur against Rath.
    forced explanations in few panels, besides the help Mera obtains against Rath actually happens in her mini solo.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Hey what about the "Deep Dives" trade?

Yeah, but Joshua Williamson interview gave me hope that it won't be a long wait
    Same here. I think both Aquaman and JSA announcements are on the horizon (he was particularly tight-lipped regarding the latter).
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

Same here. I think both Aquaman and JSA announcements are on the horizon (he was particularly tight-lipped regarding the latter).
    Happy that Deep Dives is getting a trade, but not a consolation for not having an ongoing. The later I suspect will be in the fall, in time for the 80th Anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post

I'd have to reread the stories from that I bought, but I don't know that they were strong enough for me to buy in trade form.

I want for June to bring Aquaman and Mera, Green Arrow/Black Canary and JSA. What? I can dream!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'd have to reread the stories from that I bought, but I don't know that they were strong enough for me to buy in trade form.

I want for June to bring Aquaman and Mera, Green Arrow/Black Canary and JSA. What? I can dream!
    Keep dreaming, man. Gotta keep the dreams alive for all of us.

Instead we'll likely get 12 more Superman and Batman titles. Maybe a Batman and the JSA? Superman: King of Atlantis?

Incredible Member

Just finished rereading Dan Abnett's Underworld/ Corum Rath Arc. Can't get enough of that Arc; the beautiful early artwork of Stjepan Sejic , the deep world lore of the Ninth Tride, the "DC Rebirth" reintroduction to Dolphin, Vulko and King Shark etc. And one of my favorite breakout characters; the Reverend Mother Cetea.

Cetea_%28Prime_Earth%29_001.jpg

My only nitpick... Why oh Why did they kill off Kadaver? He had an awesome design, awesome powers; he had the makings of becoming a perfect addition to Aquaman's Rogues Gallery.

Kadaver_%281%29.jpg

AQ+5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Keep dreaming, man. Gotta keep the dreams alive for all of us.

Instead we'll likely get 12 more Superman and Batman titles. Maybe a Batman and the JSA? Superman: King of Atlantis?
    "more Superman"

Now who's dreaming?