Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    McIntyre is voicing Aquaman in the movie.

It seems like he might fulfill more of an antagonist role in the movie, but I don't expect them to turn Aquaman into a full-on villain.
    Given it’s earth 2 and we didn’t really much of Golden Age Aquaman I don’t mind whether he’s a full on villain or not. Lol same guy was the guy who would throw polar bears at people. That being said I definitely don’t see him being the full on antagonist might be more of a misunderstanding thing or be even held to the regard of Namor. Feel like he’d be showcased as a powerhouse in this case too if he goes up against the JSA

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Given it’s earth 2 and we didn’t really much of Golden Age Aquaman I don’t mind whether he’s a full on villain or not. Lol same guy was the guy who would throw polar bears at people. That being said I definitely don’t see him being the full on antagonist might be more of a misunderstanding thing or be even held to the regard of Namor. Feel like he’d be showcased as a powerhouse in this case too if he goes up against the JSA
    It's not an Earth-2 (Barry is in the movie through time travel), but I think he's just tired of the war on the surface so he and Atlantis interfere.

BANNED

It's not an Earth-2 (Barry is in the movie through time travel), but I think he's just tired of the war on the surface so he and Atlantis interfere.
    I won’t lie I’m confused on the whole thing is there a trailer or article about the movie. The Twitter account I saw was claiming it was Earth-2 Aquaman I thought atleast

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    I won’t lie I’m confused on the whole thing is there a trailer or article about the movie. The Twitter account I saw was claiming it was Earth-2 Aquaman I thought atleast
    It's own thing, more or less .

BANNED

It's own thing, more or less .
    I think I got confused about the whole WWII element of the movie. I’m curious to if it is another earth because the idea of Aquaman being around in World War II if they’re setting up a new continuity would exclude him from present day.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    well won't blame you if that was the instruction, they nevertheless showed they never really cared for the character.
    One nice things they did was insist that whatever we did with a new Aquaman, he had to be blond and he had to wear orange and green.

I didn't have an objection to this, but when I asked why, I was told, "As long as he's orange and green with blond hair, Paul Norris gets money. His deal was for the visual, so if the visual is some variant of what he designed, he gets paid."

That seemed like a good solid reason, to me.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    One nice things they did was insist that whatever we did with a new Aquaman, he had to be blond and he had to wear orange and green.

I didn't have an objection to this, but when I asked why, I was told, "As long as he's orange and green with blond hair, Paul Norris gets money. His deal was for the visual, so if the visual is some variant of what he designed, he gets paid."

kdb
    In a time where we hear about companies shafting creators, that's pretty great too hear honestly.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

kdb
    That's really solid of all of you.

So his royalties deal for Aquaman was insofar as Aquaman keeping the aesthetic he designed?
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 02-07-2021 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    That's really solid of all of you.

So his royalties deal for Aquaman was insofar as Aquaman keeping the aesthetic he designed?
    I don't know the details, but Aquaman was created by Mort Weisinger as writer and Paul Norris as artist, though it was often just credited to Norris. However the deal read, DC's interpretation of it was that the visuals were what gave Norris a share.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Sales had been terrible prior to One Year Later, and all the pitches they'd gotten in (including a very traditional one about Arthur and Mera living in that Maine lighthouse and raising Arthur Jr.) had been rejected. They wanted something new, something that was a complete break with the previous runs.
    That's disappointing to hear - the Pfeifer/Arcudi run is one of my favorites!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Got my Geoff Johns Aquaman omnibus!
    A9B95DB4-A79A-4FDD-B2E8-3FFB10A7CD74.jpg
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Congrats! Planning to order mine soon .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I have the whole run in trade and I was in an Amazon bookstore and it was there for 50%. Couldn't resist.

This was back in the time before the plague.

Congrats! Planning to order mine soon .
    Got at Target for a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Glad I finally own it, I own most of my stuff in digital, but I like just having the physical copies to hold of complete runs that I’ve loved.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Got at Target for a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Glad I finally own it, I own most of my stuff in digital, but I like just having the physical copies to hold of complete runs that I’ve loved.
    Your Target carries omni's?!

The only thing I ever find at the ones around me are random banged up TPB copies of Watchmen, The Dark Knight Returns, or Kingdom Come. :-/
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES