Page 27 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

I mean, Arthur's a hybrid, and he has his telepathy and overall strength. I'm not sure how much of it is in the bloodline.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Attachment 106664

latest image from animation.
    there was a time when the atlanteans had issues with blond haired or purple eyed children.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Attachment 106664

latest image from animation.
    Looks like they're hedging their bets by combining blonde comic with dark haired Momoa versions.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Maybe they don't want logic applied to it, but if there weren't in-breeding, then other Atlanteans would have royal blood and could be worthy.
    Chosen one stuff. Orm doesn't have the call and Tom Curry's not Atlantian. If we're going by your logic, Orm would be as or more worthy by blood. He isn't. Apply some of that logic you're selling. It can't work that way by virtue of the trueborn full Atlantian son being skipped by the power and birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Chosen one stuff. Orm doesn't have the call and Tom Curry's not Atlantian. If we're going by your logic, Orm would be as or more worthy by blood. He isn't. Apply some of that logic you're selling. It can't work that way by virtue of the trueborn full Atlantian son being skipped by the power and birthright.
    Orm is Royalty through his mother's side - his father wasn't royalty but some general/admiral - He became king through marriage. Orm neither ever bestowed a trident by deities etc.
    Tula, Orm's half sister through his father, neither shows any special ability.

Arthur on the other hand is the only one since Atlan who has the power to connect marine life. Therefore as Robanker says certain powers are through virtue besides being Royalty.

Andy has even a greater power than Arthur, she can control them.

On xebelian side - Nereus who is not Royalty by birth does not show any water bending powers - He gets leveled by Tula without making any opposition whatsoever

BANNED

Presumably it's not just bloodline but also being "worthy," which is why Orm has no powers--just not worthy. But it's hard to believe there are no other "worthy" Atlanteans with King's blood running around. If powers are just about being a chosen one, it doesn't have to be limited to the royal family, but for some reason that seems to be the case.
    Last edited by SecretWarrior; 03-01-2021 at 05:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Presumably it's not just bloodline but also being "worthy," which is why Orm has no powers--just not worthy. But it's hard to believe there are no other "worthy" Atlanteans with King's blood running around. If powers are just about being a chosen one, it doesn't have to be limited to the royal family, but for some reason that seems to be the case.
    Arthur is the link between land and sea - He is sort of the new Atlan - Who was King before atlantis sank and afterwards when it did. Therefore there is a connection being his descendant and being a son of the land. Other Atlantean royalty being just sons of the sea don't have the requirement of being also son of the land. As Atlan was.

Orm is not worthy because he takes from his father's side, who was a horrible person. Atlanna killed him.

Tula who is his daughter, has no powers either. Same for Orm. However Being highborn gives them some special abilities normal Atlanteans don't have, like breathing on surface.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 03-01-2021 at 05:45 AM.

BANNED

4570F6EF-66F0-40B0-82B2-A12C06904926.jpg

https://m.imgur.com/a/ZFM52
    If you notice in Aquaman and Orm’s first fight it could of been coincidental but Orm notices Aquaman calling sealife to aid him in fighting Orm.

In Aquaman’s first fight against Atlan he notices the same. I don’t think either Atlan or Orm can control sealife but I do believe they can sense what they’re doing.

Orm isn’t physically on par with Aquaman but I don’t think he’s far behind either. I’d argue Atlan is potentially stronger than Aquaman though.

7C1B0A62-364C-4653-B600-6606A79F5078.jpg

It might not be clear but here Poseidon says “Damn him and the magic that flows in his bloodline” in response to Aquaman laying a smack down on Poseidon’s son
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 03-01-2021 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    4570F6EF-66F0-40B0-82B2-A12C06904926.jpg

https://m.imgur.com/a/ZFM52
    If you notice in Aquaman and Orm’s first fight it could of been coincidental but Orm notices Aquaman calling sealife to aid him in fighting Orm.

In Aquaman’s first fight against Atlan he notices the same. I don’t think either Atlan or Orm can control sealife but I do believe they can sense what they’re doing.

Orm isn’t physically on par with Aquaman but I don’t think he’s far behind either. I’d argue Atlan is potentially stronger than Aquaman though.

7C1B0A62-364C-4653-B600-6606A79F5078.jpg

It might not be clear but here Poseidon says “Damn him and the magic that flows in his bloodline” in response to Aquaman laying a smack down on Poseidon’s son
    depends on which version - In the movie the Karathen says that Arthur is the first to talk with her since king Atlan.
    Some sources have Atlan as a descendant of Poseidon.
    In some versions Arthur is the son of a wizard that explains magic.
    As for strength level - Orm gets always beaten by Arthur - only through some treachery he can fight him, like in the last run. Orm is defeated also by Mera. He seems much weaker.
    Since New 52 much has been changed. Honestly there was never neither a definite explanation or version. It would be nice that 80 years after Aquaman making an appearance certain aspects are explained.

BANNED

I’m aware I said Orm is weaker but he’s not to far behind from Arthur. Honestly Abnett shatted all over Orm when he brought him back in that Mera mini. She was struggling to hold him back one on one in Throne of Atlantis by herself and then she went on to be weakened and beating him...

Post-Crisis Orm was the son of the Wizard as well.

When Johns came on Orm was the son of Atlanna as well. So both images honestly apply to Orm as well as Arthur.
    https://m.imgur.com/chRbHiC

In regards to the movie their didn’t seem to be much of a physical difference between Orm and Arthur it honestly seemed like it came all down to their tridents. Arthur got beat when he was wielding his mother’s trident and won when he had Atlan’s

I’m aware I said Orm is weaker but he’s not to far behind from Arthur. Honestly Abnett shatted all over Orm when he brought him back in that Mera mini. She was struggling to hold him back one on one in Throne of Atlantis by herself and then she went on to be weakened and beating him...

Post-Crisis Orm was the son of the Wizard as well.

When Johns came on Orm was the son of Atlanna as well. So both images honestly apply to Orm as well as Arthur.
    https://m.imgur.com/chRbHiC

In regards to the movie their didn’t seem to be much of a physical difference between Orm and Arthur it honestly seemed like it came all down to their tridents. Arthur got beat when he was wielding his mother’s trident and won when he had Atlan’s
    In the movie Arthur is defeated in combat with Tridents, but physically he seems stronger, he lifts a submarine easily. Orm shows none of those traits. In comics Orm looks much weaker and always gets his butt kicked by Arthur. Its always Arthur being magnanimous towards him, that he doesn't get killed.

In comics Arthur can stand up to Superman in a fight him, although at length he would lose eventually. Mera also fights Superman, although not on Arthur's level of strength, she manages to level Superman. While Orm only uses some magic through his trident to fight JL members not physical strength.

Mera struggles in the mini against Orm, because she was still weakened by the magic which at one point deprived her of the ability to breath in waters. She is stronger and is by far more powerful than him, probably even of Arthur, when it comes to powers.

BANNED

Orm was throwing around and combatting Aquaman on a physical level in the movie. Not having his showing of strengths is irrelevant when you can compete with him on a physical level of strength.

In the comic I’d agree Orm is weaker but it’s not “much weaker” I don’t know what comic you read atleast in modern times where you got that implication.
    https://m.imgur.com/p6D8ftH
    https://m.imgur.com/XsWiIWw

That’s not how Johns displayed it atleast. Superman didn’t even really touch Mera ironically she got hits in but he was mainly focused on Aquaman.

I’d agree she’s more powerful in water manipulation than Orm and his crown but in Throne of Atlantis a full powered Mera needed the help of Elemental Woman, Cyborg and I believe some other in combatting Ocean Master’s tidal wave that’s a big change in regards to getting beat by Mera using your full arsenal of abilities and she’s weakened.

Orm is legit strangling Superman in the picture I linked that’s physical strength on his part that I doubt any regular Atlantean would mimic. Outside her internal hydrokinesis. Orm throughout his history of showings should honestly mollywhop Mera on a physical level. The only thing she should have on him is her water control.

In a nutshell, the main character is special .

BANNED

Hell I’d argue Post-Crisis Orm is more powerful than PC Aquaman if you don’t include water hand or telepathy

Orm was throwing around and combatting Aquaman on a physical level in the movie. Not having his showing of strengths is irrelevant when you can compete with him on a physical level of strength.

In the comic I’d agree Orm is weaker but it’s not “much weaker” I don’t know what comic you read atleast in modern times where you got that implication.
    https://m.imgur.com/p6D8ftH
    https://m.imgur.com/XsWiIWw

That’s not how Johns displayed it atleast. Superman didn’t even really touch Mera ironically she got hits in but he was mainly focused on Aquaman.

I’d agree she’s more powerful in water manipulation than Orm and his crown but in Throne of Atlantis a full powered Mera needed the help of Elemental Woman, Cyborg and I believe some other in combatting Ocean Master’s tidal wave that’s a big change in regards to getting beat by Mera using your full arsenal of abilities and she’s weakened.

Orm is legit strangling Superman in the picture I linked that’s physical strength on his part that I doubt any regular Atlantean would mimic. Outside her internal hydrokinesis. Orm throughout his history of showings should honestly mollywhop Mera on a physical level. The only thing she should have on him is her water control.
    Aquaman_vs_Superman_Rebirth5 (1).jpg

superman did not take notice of Mera, this pic says differently
    What history has Orm mollywhop Mera? she can stand to superman she can't stand to Orm? She alone defeats the Justice League and can't stand up to Orm?
    She throws an entire ocean at the crown of thrones, saved Arthur over and over again, even when pregnant.
    she defeats Orm in combat although she was in a weakened state.
    He was so afraid of her that when the last fight took place, he had to imprison her through Lernea.

Despite some positive showings in New52. He is in all truth treacherous weakling, jealous of his brother, was ready to put in peril baby Andy. Who always ends getting kicked in the butt.
    Its Ok that you might Like him, put making him something he ain't is different all together.