Page 33 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same here .
    Parker's run being cut short was very unfair at the least. Especially when one considers want came after. he was delivering one of the best Aquaman runs ever. Anyway DC never ends surprising us, for once they got it right with Aquaman they end it. Won't say it was purposely done, but the idea crosses my mind.

I haven't read that issue, but I hope he writes a good Orm.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I haven't read that issue, but I hope he writes a good Orm.
    Like he said in his Tweet, he writes Orm the way everyone else does - broody, dramatic... I'd throw a touch of delusion and egomania in there.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

some people in comments thought it was Thor, Give him a shirt for Heavens sake.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Man does that guy need a revamp. He’d work so well as a Lovecraftian villain that I don’t know why nobody has done it.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again; the Fisherman would work best as an eco-villain, an actual IUU (Illegal, Unreported, Unregulated) Fisherman. There's a wealth of great stories you could tell with him: over-fishing, drift netting, shark finning and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus
    I remember first hearing about the character and assuming that he was another Sportsmaster esque silly villain but apparently that's not what he is....?
    He's basically a thief who steals rare objects, scientific inventions etc and sells them to the highest bidder.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 05-21-2021 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    some people in comments thought it was Thor, Give him a shirt for Heavens sake.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm just tired of asking him to put a shirt on .

By the way I’m not sure if people heard or discussed it here but Williamson was on Wordballon and they asked him about Aquaman. While there were no specifics he did make it known that big Aquaman plans are coming down the line, later this year or possibly something next year, and it even sounded like someone unannounced was already working on it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    By the way I’m not sure if people heard or discussed it here but Williamson was on Wordballon and they asked him about Aquaman. While there were no specifics he did make it known that big Aquaman plans are coming down the line, later this year or possibly something next year, and it even sounded like someone unannounced was already working on it.
    Yeah Joshua related that various times he said that they are looking on which take being proposed on Aquaman will they work on. Personally I prefer not having a book for the sake of just having one. Although I believe Aquaman needs popular writer, someone that also understands the characters. Having some up and coming writer will not help the book sell and survive. Making experiments especially after last run got low sales is not the way forward. But some sources are relating that a new Aquaman book will have the return to Arthur Junior, which I believe is long due, the kid is one of the few comic characters to be killed and never returned to life. Would be nice to see two Aquakids Arthur Jnr and Andy.

Joshua could have been just referring to the 80th anniversary issues.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Of course Norwegian drummer Arthur is the one who gets colored in. lol

AQM-80THANN-Cv1-1970s-var.jpg

Classic Aquaman and Mera are always a pleasure for the eyes.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Very pleased that Ramona Fradon was given the opportunity to do an Aquaman cover. It was high time that she was given the chance to do one. Sort of makes for an injustice.

Classic .