Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Surprised there isn’t more speculation about the two Aquaman minis coming. I’m expecting one to be Arthur and Mera and the other to be Jackson and Andy getting home in Future State.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Surprised there isn’t more speculation about the two Aquaman minis coming. I’m expecting one to be Arthur and Mera and the other to be Jackson and Andy getting home in Future State.
    Anymore, speculation often leads to disappointment for me.

I'm taking a more "wait and see" attitude toward just about everything these days...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Andy could be in the book with her parents, so the other might include Jackson and hopefully Garth. Andy in both books I dont see that happening. Also I read speculation that the miniseries could be a prequel to the launching of the Aquaman ongoing next year, so the two minis could be set in current timeline.

I think it's definitely possible one book is Aquaman focused while the other is focused more on the supporting cast/sidekicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's definitely possible one book is Aquaman focused while the other is focused more on the supporting cast/sidekicks.
    Frontier that would make sense, building the supporting cast is quite overdue. All the cast in one book would be too much especially in a mini. My humble opinion. That why I wrote I see Andy with her parents, can't see how see can't be in it, what they leave her alone at home to destroy the house? and the rest in a book of their own.

Unless I missed something in "Future State", Andy is still a baby, right...? I'd hate for them to pull a Jon Kent and make her a tween or something so soon...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Unless I missed something in "Future State", Andy is still a baby, right...? I'd hate for them to pull a Jon Kent and make her a tween or something so soon...
    yes she still is, with the habit of jumping of cliffs if left unguarded.
    there is also the rumor that her brother is coming back, how and when no idea.

Extraordinary Member

Alternatively they could just create a Future State series like Future State: Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Alternatively they could just create a Future State series like Future State: Gotham.
    yes they could, but it would exclude some of the cast, unless they find a credible manner of including Tula, Dolphin, Garth etc in that future state.

True. But Future State: Aquaman was $8 I'll never get back, so I'm completely okay with them never revisiting that alternative.

But if they did, I'd be very happy for those who enjoyed it!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

Hopefully Arthur can get his book back after this special.

I hope Garth is not forgotten in this, i only see him being mentioned in the solicits. He is not even part of that cover with most Aqua Characters.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Hopefully Arthur can get his book back after this special.

I hope Garth is not forgotten in this, i only see him being mentioned in the solicits. He is not even part of that cover with most Aqua Characters.
    There is a rumour that Garth will be appearing in Aquaman 2. If it turns out to be true, then there is a chance they will focus more on him in the comics.

True. But Future State: Aquaman was $8 I'll never get back, so I'm completely okay with them never revisiting that alternative.

But if they did, I'd be very happy for those who enjoyed it!
    Future state Aquaman, wasn't good in my opinion. It was one of the low selling books of Future state. They totally wasted Jackson having him imprisoned for six years, and suddenly after six years he breaks out, couldn't he do that before? with Andy I can't understand what they wanted to do with her. That water leg sounded so rehash in Aquaman. Besides a very confused story and lots of of issues not making sense. lack of basics in Aquaman world with Atlantean swimming like any of us when they propel themselves at high speed.
    That said, Andy shows much better in Justice League.

So I too would prefer them visiting another alternative with a new take.

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    There is a rumour that Garth will be appearing in Aquaman 2. If it turns out to be true, then there is a chance they will focus more on him in the comics.
    Aquaman 2 seems to be based on the others, would be pleasantly surprised if garth appears, but it sounds alot of cast, if one includes the present cast and the others.

Extraordinary Member

Another variant for the special:

And this appears to be art from the Marguerite Bennett/Trungles story in the special - seemingly set on the DC Bombshells earth:

Another variant for the special:

Honestly not a fan of Rocha's art, I would have preferred that the 2010 decade variant would have been made by Reis, he was after all part of the creative team that redefined Arthur Curry. It was that Aquaman that defined the decade, not the one that was part of him being cancelled.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 05-29-2021 at 09:21 AM.