Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Can someone explain Dolphin to me as a character? What was her deal? Was she just an undersea pin up girl? Do you guys feel like she deserved to be in the Justice League Task Force book?

I guess you're speaking of the original Dolphin and not the Rebirth (and current) version of her ?

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I guess you're speaking of the original Dolphin and not the Rebirth (and current) version of her ?
    Yeah the one from the 90s

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Can someone explain Dolphin to me as a character? What was her deal?
    Classic Dolphin first appeared in DC Showcase #79 (1968). She was a girl who had been abducted by aliens and altered into an amphibous being. She grew up wild (which is why she couldn't originally speak) and eventually met a navy crew who taught her sign language.

Was she just an undersea pin up girl?
    No, she was a great character. Are you implying she's somehow shallow or lacking characterisation because she's attractive? Last I checked most DC heroines look like "pin up girls."

Do you guys feel like she deserved to be in the Justice League Task Force book?
    Absolutely.

I admit I prefer Current Dolphin though.

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    No, she was a great character. Are you implying she's somehow shallow or lacking characterisation because she's attractive? Last I checked most DC heroines look like "pin up girls."
    I've never read her stories. All I know is that she has platinum hair and she dated Arthur in the PAD run even though she was 20 years younger or something.

But like, what was her personality? What role did she serve in the stories? What did she want? What significant things happened to her or were done by her?

I've never read her stories. All I know is that she has platinum hair and she dated Arthur in the PAD run even though she was 20 years younger or something.

But like, what was her personality? What role did she serve in the stories? What did she want? What significant things happened to her or were done by her?
    I remember her coming off as stoic, yet loyal and compassionate but with a bit of an edge.

Wasn't she experimented on and that's what gave her powers and her initial muteness.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess to me the shirtless look just doesn't really look like Arthur, even keeping PAD's take in mind, and it doesn't fit his character as I envision him, but I guess he's been through a lot.

But I just don't see the need for him to keep going shirtless. Just feels like a weird character choice to keep going. Unless it's about fanservice and showing him off shirtless? I dunno.

I could complain about the beard too, but that's another thing.

This is still my guy:

Co-signed.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

I already miss having an Aquaman ongoing. I really hope Arthur can get a shot at another title and soon. I already miss seeing him and Mera fighting alongside one another. The two of them are among my favorite DC couples.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Also, how old do you view/think Aquaman to be currently? He's definitely not still on his 20's, but certainly not yet in his 40's; so maybe early-to-mid 30's?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Also, how old do you view/think Aquaman to be currently? He's definitely not still on his 20's, but certainly not yet in his 40's; so maybe early-to-mid 30's?
    He's probably 35-36 in my mind.

Incredible Member

I remember her coming off as stoic, yet loyal and compassionate but with a bit of an edge.
    Precisely. Also she was somewhat withdrawn. Even after learning to speak she wasn't much of a talker.

Wasn't she experimented on and that's what gave her powers and her initial muteness.
    Experimented on by aliens yes. That's where her powers came from. As I recall her muteness was a result of growing up without human contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha
    But like, what was her personality?
    See above.

What role did she serve in the stories?
    Close confidant and sidekick, accompanying Arthur on his adventures and providing aid.

What did she want?
    Mainly to support Arthur. Even after their relationship ended she remained a loyal friend and ally.

What significant things happened to her or were done by her?
    She helped Arthur out of his depression after Mera left him and saved his life when Charybdis nearly killed him (this was when Arthur lost his hand by the way).

Oh and she had a catfight with Mera at one point. She broke Mera's nose with a headbutt.
    Last edited by hareluyafan1; 08-04-2021 at 04:42 PM.

He's probably 35-36 in my mind.
    This is similar to what I thought. I had him no older than 36 and no younger than 33.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I assume most of DC's adult heroes from Clark's generation are about 36-38.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Pretty epic .