Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I'm not really in the mood to explain about why i want a character that i like back to life to someone who probably doesnt care for him.

So i understand you taking this stance about his death, and that's ok. But i don't think that way and would like him back. And with Lian would be even better.
    fair enough, I can respect that.
    also for the record, not to beat horse, but it's not about me not caring about the character as much as you. I like roy, he's not in my top 20 or anything but I'm not apathetic to him either, I argued against the same thing when Godspeed died (who's one of my favorite speedster). I'm not even saying all resurrection is bad, 2 of my top 3 favorite characters have been killed and brought back, but it needs to be in service of something compelling. It's more disrespectful to the characters, to me, for them to be brought back just for the sake of being brought back when the alternative is you can still tell stories with them (free of all restrictions) without the resurrection.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-18-2021 at 06:35 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    fair enough, I can respect that.
    also for the record, not to beat horse, but it's not about me not caring about the character as much as you. I like roy, he's not in my top 20 or anything but I'm not apathetic to him either, I argued against the same thing when Godspeed died (who's one of my favorite speedster). I'm not even saying all resurrection is bad, 2 of my top 3 favorite characters have been killed and brought back, but it needs to be in service of something compelling. It's more disrespectful to the characters, to me, for them to be brought back just for the sake of being brought back when the alternative is you can still tell stories with them (free of all restrictions) without the resurrection.
    I think it would be in the service of new stories with Roy and allowing him to interact with his friends and family again. Especially when they still haven't brought Lian back.

I'm just not sure I can rely on flashbacks or Elseworlds versions. Could just be because HiC left such a bad taste in my mouth that's hard to wash out.

I'm against killing characters, especially when they are killed just for cheap drama and shock value. And the Titans are always the victim of this. Maybe because of some bias of someone that used to work for the company, maybe not.

I said this on Roy's Thread, but i'll forever loathe Cry for Justice and what that story did to him. I'll never understand why would you choose to rip a character arms and then kill his 8 to 10 years old daughter, crushed by debris of a building just to make some other heroes angry at a villain.

And then came Rise of Arsenal, that was another huge pile of crap.

Deaths are fine if they are meant to serve a purpose and not there simply for shock value which sadly a lot of DC events do.

Though now that I think about it, maybe it would have been better if Roy died in Cry for Justice instead of Lian. How would it have affected the Arrow Family, the Titans and Cheshire? Maybe Ollie is the one who goes off the rails, dissolves his marriage and joins the Suicide Squad. Who gets custody of the Lian? Does Dinah take her with her to the BOP? Does the Titans take her in? Would Cheshire want her progeny (even though she was working on a replacement)?

It's more impactful in the old continuity because of all the history and relationships the characters have build up. Not so much in 'Heroes in Crisis' where his death just feels eh.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Deaths are fine if they are meant to serve a purpose and not there simply for shock value which sadly a lot of DC events do.

Though now that I think about it, maybe it would have been better if Roy died in Cry for Justice instead of Lian. How would it have affected the Arrow Family, the Titans and Cheshire? Maybe Ollie is the one who goes off the rails, dissolves his marriage and joins the Suicide Squad. Who gets custody of the Lian? Does Dinah take her with her to the BOP? Does the Titans take her in? Would Cheshire want her progeny (even though she was working on a replacement)?

It's more impactful in the old continuity because of all the history and relationships the characters have build up. Not so much in 'Heroes in Crisis' where his death just feels eh.
    If Dinah didn't take her, since she was the person who care about Roy the most outside of the Titans, the Titans 100% would. Donna lost a kid too in this continuity so i have no doubt she would want to take care of Lian.

Oh,, i remember that James Robinson made Mia Dearden look like a complete imbecil since she was suppose to babysit Lian, but she was not there to help the girl when the building started falling.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Future State Shazam preview and interview.
    https://www.cbr.com/tim-sheridan-fut...zam-interview/
    Power Girl II is now Powerhouse, I assume renamed because JSA is about to return with the original Power Girl. The book also features Bunker and Miss Martian.
    Not a bad name, in fact, it's kinda funny since Powerhouse sounds like a more mature name than Power Girl

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the girl who looks like Ragman is named Stitch, reason being because Tim Sheridan posted #whoisstitch and given the fact we haven’t seen her name and not to mention previous names such as Bolt or Gorilla Gregg I figure that must be her name.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iamtimshe...42038675648513
    Not a bad idea either

--

My answer to Roy is the same as Ric, Damian, Talia, Jon Kent, Jor-El, Leslie Thompkins and Identity Crisis. When the setup doesn't make sense, then I don't need sense for it to come back the way it was. This is not up to debate.

So i'm finally watching the Titans TV Show on season 2 n so we can have special effects for KRYPTO the Superdog to Fly but Starfire can't.and the scene where Garth was killed can someone PLEASE tell me why an Amazon (Wonder Girl=Donna Troy) being attack would hide behind metal barrels when she has Super Strength.Speed.Reflexes n a Lasso i jmust don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Not a bad name, in fact, it's kinda funny since Powerhouse sounds like a more mature name than Power Girl

Not a bad idea either

--

My answer to Roy is the same as Ric, Damian, Talia, Jon Kent, Jor-El, Leslie Thompkins and Identity Crisis. When the setup doesn't make sense, then I don't need sense for it to come back the way it was. This is not up to debate.
    what about his death didn't make sense? he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. debate or not, not liking it =/= doesn't make sense, otherwise that's being intellectually dishonest.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

what about his death didn't make sense? he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. debate or not, not liking it =/= doesn't make sense, otherwise that's being intellectually dishonest.
    The story as a whole was pretty bad. The setup of talking to robots, Wally "lozing control", most of the characters being from the Titans/NTT era... Just so much wrong with it. Toss it out, pretend it didn't happen.

Is there any need for Roy to be back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The story as a whole was pretty bad. The setup of talking to robots, Wally "lozing control", most of the characters being from the Titans/NTT era... Just so much wrong with it. Toss it out, pretend it didn't happen.
    I disagree, it wasn't a perfect story but it's not really that bad; Three Jokers is twice as bad as HiC and half as memorable. the weakest part of the story is probably the time travel tie up at the end, but everything up to that was pretty narratively consistent given what King actually wanted to do before DC tried to force it into an event story. but I'm not here to debate what makes a story good or bad. my point this stands, unless they have something worth telling with Roy (unlike the nothing he was doing prior to his death) then they should just leave it alone. HiC happened and it had consequences, good storytelling would be exploring those consequences to produce better stories, not indulge in recidivism in service of some familiar status quo.

currently following:

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    It was pretty bad and it's up there in the pantheon of trash along with Rise of Arsenal, Graduation Day, Cry for Justice, Countdown To Final Crisis and many others.

It's so bad that the quote DC choose to put in the cover of it's TPB is about the art.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Is there any need for Roy to be back?
    Undo a crappy story.

HiC happened and it had consequences, good storytelling would be exploring those consequences to produce better stories, not indulge in recidivism in service of some familiar status quo.
    The issue is that story will never get told. So bring all those folks back.

Hand wave it like Hal-who took out how many lanterns as he went nuts yet everyone was fine with him years later.

With the folks who were killed-the LINE to put Wally's head on a platter starts with the Titans themselves. Not just Roy but Hotspot, Lagoon Boy and others.
    Followed by Justice League who should have a few words for Batman.
    Hotspot had parents. Tattoo Man had a wife. All those folks including those who had ongoings had family and supporting cast.
    The public should have a bone to pick as well. Along with various villains.
    A hero tried to cover up a murder? I can think of various villains who would use that as a weapon to sway opinion of heroes in the public eye.
    And CRAZY Harley is SURE not going to let it go.
    Nor Poison Ivy.
    Nor Green Arrow.

There is a lot more story to tell but Dc is not going to tell it. So bring everyone back.

Astonishing Member

I disagree, it wasn't a perfect story but it's not really that bad; Three Jokers is twice as bad as HiC and half as memorable. the weakest part of the story is probably the time travel tie up at the end, but everything up to that was pretty narratively consistent given what King actually wanted to do before DC tried to force it into an event story. but I'm not here to debate what makes a story good or bad. my point this stands, unless they have something worth telling with Roy (unlike the nothing he was doing prior to his death) then they should just leave it alone. HiC happened and it had consequences, good storytelling would be exploring those consequences to produce better stories, not indulge in recidivism in service of some familiar status quo.
    Three Jokers wasn't a masterpiece, but it was a lot better than I expected and much better than HiC. Both were unnecessary stories, but HiC exists just to derail Wally and kill off a bunch of characters for shock value. The real crime of HiC was that it wasted an excellent concept. If a competent writer was at the helm, heroes, antiheroes and maybe villains getting therapy to deal with their issues would be a compelling story, possibly fixing characters who need it. Instead we got a hot mess and I doubt that anyone at DC will touch the subject of heroes and mental health again.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Undo a crappy story.

The issue is that story will never get told. So bring all those folks back.

Hand wave it like Hal-who took out how many lanterns as he went nuts yet everyone was fine with him years later.

With the folks who were killed-the LINE to put Wally's head on a platter starts with the Titans themselves. Not just Roy but Hotspot, Lagoon Boy and others.
    Followed by Justice League who should have a few words for Batman.
    Hotspot had parents. Tattoo Man had a wife. All those folks including those who had ongoings had family and supporting cast.
    The public should have a bone to pick as well. Along with various villains.
    A hero tried to cover up a murder? I can think of various villains who would use that as a weapon to sway opinion of heroes in the public eye.
    And CRAZY Harley is SURE not going to let it go.
    Nor Poison Ivy.
    Nor Green Arrow.

There is a lot more story to tell but Dc is not going to tell it. So bring everyone back.
    What about Lois Lane that receives tapes from Sanctuary and decides to publish them to the public?
    Like, WHAT? Those were the heroes letting themselves being vulnerable and open up about their issues and you decide that to invade their privacy and publish for everybody to see like it's a good thing?

There isn't a single character well portrayed here, maybe with the exception of Harley.