Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Oh, so that's why Red X kept calling Raven as Ms Raven. I hope they drop this sooner than later.

Other than that, i don't have much complaints yet.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I mean I can see a few good reasons for it, first off I’m sure some of the members like Nightwing have secret identities that they don’t want their students knowing/contacting when they’re out. Like do you think Nightwing wants those Bat-fan kids to show up at his apartment.

Second, I don’t think Nightwing exactly wants people to call him Mr. Dick, because that is how you get teenagers laughing and taunting you when you try to teach them.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Yeah, it makes sense for Dick to be Mr Nightwing instead of Mr Grayson as he has a secret identity. But not the others. Donna doesn't use a codename, so she does use her surname and is called Ms Troy. Why can't the others do the same? So Mr Stone instead of Mr Cyborg, Mr Logan instead of Mr Beast Boy? Starfire would be Ms Anders, as her name Koriand'r is sometimes Anglicised to Kory Anders. Is Raven's identity a secret? If not, she could use Ms Roth, though since Rachel Roth isn't actually her real name anyway (she created the name when, having been de-aged via resurrection in the 2003 Teen Titans comic, she decided to go to high school), I suppose "Ms Raven" is understandable in her case either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know, Donna has a codename too...should be "Ms. Troia."
    She's not been called that since the mid 2000s. When she was on the Justice League before Flashpoint, she didn't use a codename (I think she'd already dropped it in Titans), and was instead treated as a second Wonder Woman. During the last Titans run after No Justice, Ben Rubel (a Supergirl supporting character) met her and outright called her Wonder Woman, which she didn't correct. She wants to be her own person I think, hence why she doesn't actually call herself that, but Troia refers to a time when she thought she was completely unrelated to Diana, and she's obviously too old to be Wonder Girl, which is a name that now belongs to two others anyway. So she just uses her real name. She doesn't have a secret identity anyway.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-20-2021 at 10:52 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh come on! They end it there?! I have to suffer through Mr. and Missus New Titans and NOT getting the Harry Potter joke?!

They sound like they're patting themselves on the back. I wonder if they're written as annoying as possible because they want the new kids to be the relatable one because I also ugh at the pledge.

On the other hand. Beast Boy! You finally stop being freaking 15! Congratulations!

Wait how old was he last time? Pre-Flashpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh come on! They end it there?! I have to suffer through Mr. and Missus New Titans and NOT getting the Harry Potter joke?!

They sound like they're patting themselves on the back. I wonder if they're written as annoying as possible because they want the new kids to be the relatable one because I also ugh at the pledge.

On the other hand. Beast Boy! You finally stop being freaking 15! Congratulations!

Wait how old was he last time? Pre-Flashpoint?
    I think he was at least 18.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he was at least 18.
    After that Damian aged 3 years.

21 now until confirmed otherwise.

If he's 21, doesn't that mean he just got hold of an inheritance? I'm sure there was something about that, a long time ago.

Also, maybe it's time he switched back to Changeling? Is he going to still be called Beast Boy when he's in his 30s?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If he's 21, doesn't that mean he just got hold of an inheritance? I'm sure there was something about that, a long time ago.

Also, maybe it's time he switched back to Changeling? Is he going to still be called Beast Boy when he's in his 30s?
    I mean, would anyone look at him and not still call him Beast Boy?

I'm all for a new relationship of Raven and Gar. It's been 84 years.

And yeah, it's nice not watching another de-aged Gar.

For those who said that Roy didn't have much of an interaction with the Titans since Flashpoint, he was a frist day Titan in Rebirth and was there for like the 4 or 5 first story arcs. He also was with them before Wally went back. He flirted with Donna, had some disagreements with Wally, discussed with Dick, etc. Roy also teamed up with Dick and Damian in a two issue sotry in Nightwing, irrc.

Sure, he had the most meaningful interactions with Kori and Jason post FP. But it's not like he didin't have some time with the other Titans, and now they all also remember the previous continuties stuff to some extent.

Is the relationship between Roy and Starfire from their time as Outlaws still canon?

Also, has Beast Boy being red and his time as a member of the Ravager's (as well as the team in general) been completely retconned away?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Is the relationship between Roy and Starfire from their time as Outlaws still canon?

Also, has Beast Boy being red and his time as a member of the Ravager's (as well as the team in general) been completely retconned away?
    Maybe still is cannon, but i doubt any writer would reference any of this works by Lobdell, specially anything related to the Titans.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Preview for Titans Academy #1

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/03/19/dc...ans-academy-1/

Two things of note

1. Starfire being Headmistress of the school is interesting, makes sense though since she’s a lot more personable then others and not silly as others.

2. Apparently the Titans took student applications and then denied applicants who didn’t qualify. How does one apply to Titans Academy and what are the standards? Who screens the applications? Especially that last one since they let Red X in.
    I would be more worried about WHO they didn't take in.

I am sure Brother Blood (whatever ever version of him that is NOT dead) is recruiting.

Or did those kids go to Young Justice school that I am SURE Bendis will toss into Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would be more worried about WHO they didn't take in.

I am sure Brother Blood (whatever ever version of him that is NOT dead) is recruiting.

Or did those kids go to Young Justice school that I am SURE Bendis will toss into Justice League.
    “Dang the Titans didn’t accept my application for Titans Academy.....maybe Deathstroke Inc. is looking for interns?”
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    “Dang the Titans didn’t accept my application for Titans Academy.....maybe Deathstroke Inc. is looking for interns?”
    I am sure Wallace will steal all those out of principle.