Page 37 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure this isn't a stealth Batman show?

I hope Kory gets her red hair back.
    It is red, isn't it? It's just a darker shade than before - and hard to see in that shot in the trailer because the entire trailer is set at night.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It is red, isn't it? It's just a darker shade than before - and hard to see in that shot in the trailer because the entire trailer is set at night.
    No, it's black and purple right now.

Anna's hair was reddish on her last Instagram post from when she and Jay left Toronto. Good chance Kori's red hair is coming back.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Are we sure this isn't a stealth Batman show?

I hope Kory gets her red hair back.
    I'm fairly certain the guys behind this series initially wanted to do a Nightwing show but the suits said calling it Titans would be more marketable. I also think budget constraints make it so that they're wary of putting too much focus on Star or Gar because they don't have the money to do good fight scenes with them. This show clearly isn't as well funded as the Mandalorian, let alone the stuff they're putting out on D+.

It's a shame, the soap operatic storytelling of past Titans comics mean the team could thrive on the small screen, but this show just consistently misses the mark.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I'm fairly certain the guys behind this series initially wanted to do a Nightwing show but the suits said calling it Titans would be more marketable. I also think budget constraints make it so that they're wary of putting too much focus on Star or Gar because they don't have the money to do good fight scenes with them. This show clearly isn't as well funded as the Mandalorian, let alone the stuff they're putting out on D+.

It's a shame, the soap operatic storytelling of past Titans comics mean the team could thrive on the small screen, but this show just consistently misses the mark.
    We know Nightwing was always the central character back when this was being shopped at for TNT, although I'm not sure if it was supposed to just be a straight-up Nightwing show and got morphed into a teen Superhero show like that Nightwing cartoon did.

I think it's probably just easier for them to lean so hard on the Batman stuff for publicity and, probably, for budget reasons. Even though a show like Stargirl shows you can do a fairly solid job with powers without Disney money.

The only Dick Grayson show I think they ever pitched was a Graysons show years ago that would focus on him at the circus or something. It never got off the floor, but they never pitched a solo Nightwing series. Maybe because there was a movie that was supposed to be in development, but that died a while back now too.

This Titans show was being shopped around for a long time like Frontier mentioned. I think it was always meant to be a Titans show with Nightwing as the focus, but it is just much easier to use Batman/Gotham related material since it is the most popular and easiest to adapt. People complain about the lack of focus the other Titans get but then a Jason Todd becomes the character fans talk the most about. It is a bit like fans complaining about too many Batman related books, but then it is the Batman books that are most of the top sellers.

I said this at the start but it really feels like this should have been a Nightwing show all along. It would have been better served with doing that, but maybe they thought it would be too similar to Arrow and that Batwoman show if that was in the works while Titans was. Dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    The only Dick Grayson show I think they ever pitched was a Graysons show years ago that would focus on him at the circus or something. It never got off the floor, but they never pitched a solo Nightwing series. Maybe because there was a movie that was supposed to be in development, but that died a while back now too.
    The director still is talking about this movie last week.
    He said he believe that still can happen.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Ultimate Member

Well, maybe other characters would be popular if the show actually made the effort to focus on them.

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Wait Gorilla Gregg is related to Gorilla Grodd? My god the Titans are bad at background checks.

Because let me see if I have this right about the current new class of titans. We have a gorilla related to a prominent Flash villain, we have someone blackmailed by Amanda Waller, apparently the anti-Christ, someone with amnesia who could be the next Conner Kent, oh and let’s not forget that Red X could be mysteriously any one of the new kids.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait Gorilla Gregg is related to Gorilla Grodd? My god the Titans are bad at background checks.

Because let me see if I have this right about the current new class of titans. We have a gorilla related to a prominent Flash villain, we have someone blackmailed by Amanda Waller, apparently the anti-Christ, someone with amnesia who could be the next Conner Kent, oh and let’s not forget that Red X could be mysteriously any one of the new kids.
    I kinda lost faith in the book, at least we'll get a new mini with the characters people really want to read about.

I kinda lost faith in the book, at least we'll get a new mini with the characters people really want to read about.
    I'm enjoying the read, it's just I feel like maybe if you open a school do better background checks on your students so stuff like this don't happen. Because this is the second time in 6 issues that their school is under attack because of their students background.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm enjoying the read, it's just I feel like maybe if you open a school do better background checks on your students so stuff like this don't happen. Because this is the second time in 6 issues that their school is under attack because of their students background.
    The original Titans are there to be in the background and not interested in Red X, didn't care for him in the cartoon and this super overpowered version of him in the book makes me care even less.

Because this is the second time in 6 issues that their school is under attack because of their students background.
    Yeah, and i'm expecting the Titans to take even more time before doing something here than in the last issue.

Extraordinary Member

The original Titans are there to be in the background and not interested in Red X, didn't care for him in the cartoon and this super overpowered version of him in the book makes me care even less.

Yeah, and i'm expecting the Titans to take even more time before doing something here than in the last issue.

I love how DC is backing up their actress by making Starfire look more like her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I love how DC is backing up their actress by making Starfire look more like her.
    Really? She just looks like normal Starfire to me.