Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    On the cover issue number 2 of Teen Titans Academy, 2 more students were added, and they both happen to be black-haired boys, one becomes Totally Tubular and the other is named Matt Price and we saw his tombstone in FS: Teen Titans.
    Which one's Tubular? Was his body tubular? Did they show him?

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    He was in the Future State issue. Starfire refers to him but he doesn't have any lines. I thought he was the black hair dude with the blue outfit.

[/url]
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 01-18-2021 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Totally Tubular was shown in FS: Teen Titans, he's the character in the blue costume with white rings that the poster kenway is showing.

Matt Price was also shown in FS: Teen Titans in a flashback, I believe Cyborg called on him.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    He was in the Future State issue. Starfire refers to him but he doesn't have any lines. I thought he was the black hair dude with the blue outfit.

My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Future State Shazam preview and interview.
    https://www.cbr.com/tim-sheridan-fut...zam-interview/
    Power Girl II is now Powerhouse, I assume renamed because JSA is about to return with the original Power Girl. The book also features Bunker and Miss Martian.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that the girl who looks like Ragman is named Stitch, reason being because Tim Sheridan posted #whoisstitch and given the fact we haven’t seen her name and not to mention previous names such as Bolt or Gorilla Gregg I figure that must be her name.

https://mobile.twitter.com/iamtimshe...42038675648513
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Is Raven still going to be a teen at the start of this run? She can't really be a teen and a teacher at the same time I'd think. They had her interacting with Wallace in that one scene during the party, which is a bit weird since the two dated or at least made out. If she is still a teen I guess that is fine, but if she is aged back up then that makes their whole dynamic problematic.
    Supposedly, everyone got all their memories of past continuities back at the end of Death Metal, but they didn't get aged to reflect it (e.g. Bruce isn't a hundred years old). So they're still their N52 ages physically, but Raven remembers NTT/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Future State Shazam preview and interview.
    https://www.cbr.com/tim-sheridan-fut...zam-interview/
    Power Girl II is now Powerhouse, I assume renamed because JSA is about to return with the original Power Girl. The book also features Bunker and Miss Martian.

Yes! So happy Tanya finally has her own unique codename! Powerhouse is a good superhero for her.

Powerhouse fits Tanya well .

I hope this school doesn't keep Roy dead .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Powerhouse fits Tanya well .

I hope this school doesn't keep Roy dead .
    let that man rest in peace. unless they have something legitimately interesting for them, bringing characters back just for the sake of having them back has become a real pet-peeve of mine. the omniverse is vast, they should keep dead characters in stories over there and at least give the character a few years and a compelling reason before they can be resurrected on Earth 0.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    let that man rest in peace. unless they have something legitimately interesting for them, bringing characters back just for the sake of having them back has become a real pet-peeve of mine. the omniverse is vast, they should keep dead characters in stories over there and at least give the character a few years and a compelling reason before they can be resurrected on Earth 0.
    They could always bring him back with Lian .

I mean, a compelling enough reason for me is to undo a dumb death that took a good character off the board, but I'm biased .

He was killed for no reason, so why we need a reason for him to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well, when the reason is to turn Wally West into a killer and continue editorial's hate of the Titans franchise...I don't think that's a good enough reason to prevent him from coming back.

I know death is a joke in comics but when the deaths themselves are basically jokes, I feel like undoing them is more of a net benefit than trying to maintain a "dead is dead" stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, when the reason is to turn Wally West into a killer and continue editorial's hate of the Titans franchise...I don't think that's a good enough reason to prevent him from coming back.

I know death is a joke in comics but when the deaths themselves are basically jokes, I feel like undoing them is more of a net benefit than trying to maintain a "dead is dead" stance.
    So, bring him back, and Lian with him as well? Sign me up for it. Honestly, if Heroes in Crisis was just flat out ignored, I don't think many people would be upset by that.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    people die for no reason all the time, that's a real and valid experience to be explored. it's not like they were doing anything with Roy before his death. the consequence of Roy's death have merit, people grieving and growing from his death has merit, so pulling a random reason out of DC's anus to bring him back just for the sake of bringing him back (to continue to do nothing) just doesn't seem like a worthy reason imo. y'all really O.Ding about how "bad" Heroes in Crisis like it's the worst thing in the world but honestly it's DC's recidivism that's actually the worst. with the Omniverse being a thing they are pushing now, they should let stories finally have consequences (good or bad) and take advantage of the Omniverse to tell whatever story with whichever dead or retired character. Roy had a long storied run, there are plenty of characters that don't have that, if we bringing people back let's start with them. if not, rest in peace but let's move forward and let his legacy live in memory and old comics.

I like that they named the school after him, I hope the concept sticks long enough that it'll discourage lazy resurrection and forces them to be more mindful with how they treat the character's legacy.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

people die for no reason all the time, that's a real and valid experience to be explored. it's not like they were doing anything with Roy before his death. the consequence of Roy's death have merit, people grieving and growing from his death has merit, so pulling a random reason out of DC's anus to bring him back just for the sake of bringing him back (to continue to do nothing) just doesn't seem like a worthy reason imo. y'all really O.Ding about how "bad" Heroes in Crisis like it's the worst thing in the world but honestly it's DC's recidivism that's actually the worst. with the Omniverse being a thing they are pushing now, they should let stories finally have consequences (good or bad) and take advantage of the Omniverse to tell whatever story with whichever dead or retired character. Roy had a long storied run, there are plenty of characters that don't have that, if we bringing people back let's start with them. if not, rest in peace but let's move forward and let his legacy live in memory and old comics.

I like that they named the school after him, I hope the concept sticks long enough that it'll discourage lazy resurrection and forces them to be more mindful with how they treat the character's legacy.
    I'm not really in the mood to explain about why i want a character that i like back to life to someone who probably doesnt care for him.

So i understand you taking this stance about his death, and that's ok. But i don't think that way and would like him back. And with Lian would be even better.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-18-2021 at 06:21 PM.