Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606667686970
Results 1,036 to 1,044 of 1044
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Two students died, they may not have names but that’s two dead children on their watch. Titans academy needs to be shut down. This a time for the justice league to interfere and help.
    Never thought I'd see a day when I would actively want the JL to show up and interfere with the Titans, but that day has come.

After the Sanctuary, the Justice League has no right to talk about anything.

But yeah, let the LJ ground the Titans again, it's not like this can't be any worse than already is.
    At least i already saw this movie before.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

It’s like a broken loop. The fans want the titans who are teens but also the original. The original titans are mid 20
    Adults, some with kids and big time solo stories. DC can try teen titans with different characters but it’s never as appreciated becuase they are not the version from the beloved animated series.

I’d say their is about two years before DC reverts to a Teen titans book because the MCU will be ready to debut their young avengers franchise live action.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

DC just needs to go back to the way things were during Rebirth, but have the titles actually be... you know... good. I enjoyed Abnett's run apart from when the JL grounded the team, but I'm ready and willing to admit that it could have been better. It really shouldn't be a problem to display the Titans as heroes on the same level of the league and then have a group of Teen Titans alongside that. It really shouldn't be hard or complicated.

Also just... in general, this issue didn't set well with me. Sheridan is treating the older Titans like they're in their 40s or something by having them misunderstand the idea of non-binary identities and teenagers in general. Also the scene between Donna and Roy just felt... weird. I dunno. I'm over it.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    DC just needs to go back to the way things were during Rebirth, but have the titles actually be... you know... good. I enjoyed Abnett's run apart from when the JL grounded the team, but I'm ready and willing to admit that it could have been better. It really shouldn't be a problem to display the Titans as heroes on the same level of the league and then have a group of Teen Titans alongside that. It really shouldn't be hard or complicated.

Also just... in general, this issue didn't set well with me. Sheridan is treating the older Titans like they're in their 40s or something by having them misunderstand the idea of non-binary identities and teenagers in general. Also the scene between Donna and Roy just felt... weird. I dunno. I'm over it.
    It’s weird that they don’t recognize this situation. It’s happened to raven 3 times. She should be a pro at helping at least delay this until they can secure proper measures. Dick should be calling JL Dark for backup and start handling this. However as I said before, two kids died, this academy is a failure.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It’s weird that they don’t recognize this situation. It’s happened to raven 3 times. She should be a pro at helping at least delay this until they can secure proper measures. Dick should be calling JL Dark for backup and start handling this. However as I said before, two kids died, this academy is a failure.
    I think that the kids dying was something that they couldn't have avoided without having the information about what was going on with Dane earlier than now, though. I also think that accidents happen. Clearly, the Academy continues on after this because we're going into the Suicide Squad and Flash Earth 3 crossover, and honestly I wouldn't mind if it sticks around in the longterm and we pivot to paying attention to actual Teen Titans team with the academy in the backdrop.

But I'd still change the teaching staff entirely and have the actual Titans team just... not be involved apart from guest lectures or what have you so they can do things not involved with the Academy in their own title, again with the Academy as the backdrop if they wanted it.

Alternatively have the Academy renamed and run by an entirely different set of Titans in New York while the Teen Titans and Titans go to other cities like San Francisco and Jump City.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

So I got got the Gorilla Grodd/Gregg stuff, thought “Okay, this is finally getting good, let me put this down a bit, maybe let the issues play out a bit, then come back to it and get a big chunk at once”. I came back and….wtf is going on with this crap? They want to kill one of their own? The stupid Red X stuff is still not resolved? The majority of characters apparently know who he is but nobody is actually saying anything? Most of the kids still barely got any focus? Gaah. At least Stitch helps elevate this book some, but nowhere near enough to even be readable for me. This was a decent premise about a school for the next generation that is being executed with a lot of talent, spread out attention that gives a lot of this new cast time to shine….in Marvel. It’s called Strange Academy. The fact that this book can’t even get anywhere near that is just disappointing. And this honestly should have been two books.

I actually like the Titans academy idea and dynamic and love the new students. But yeah, the red X mystery is dragging, Dane/Nevermore is absolutely not interesting to me since it's a reboot of raven storyline and the last issue was just padding...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    I actually like the Titans academy idea and dynamic and love the new students. But yeah, the red X mystery is dragging, Dane/Nevermore is absolutely not interesting to me since it's a reboot of raven storyline and the last issue was just padding...
    When the kids get focused on it’s fine and I actually like a fair few of them, but this book has spent way too much time trying to focus on this Red X plot instead. I also think they should have still had a seperate book for the Titans themselves.