Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    That’s not how publishing works. Ever since the failure of the Justice League movie DC’s been shuffling Cyborg to the side. 2018 he went to the B-team JLO and now he’s back to just being another Titan. What more could DC do to express their dissatisfaction with the DCEU Cyborg?

There’s literally no reason to put him in limbo when there’s an upcoming Titans revival and DC is placing a heavy emphasis on their black characters. If he’s not gonna be on the League the character has enough visibility and legacy to be at the forefront of the Titans brand. DC’s not stupid enough to completely sideline comic Cyborg just because of an actor. Especially when he’s still getting well received appearances in the likes of Young Justice and Doom Patrol.
    May remind everyone of how many folks that are on shows are MIA in comics.

Ms Martian, Static, Jaime Reyes and Aqualad along with Stephanie Brown when Young Justice ran the first time and when it came back.

Black Lightning daughters until recently had been MIA for 10 years despite the tv show.

Most of the folks who popped up on Teen Titans Go or the first version were MIA in comics.

Bumblebee was MIA in comics despite DC Super Hero Girls and Young Justice.

And yes they seem to be emphasis black folks-that is a two edge sword. You get a Eve Ewing type person here-she is not giving new characters-so giving you OLD ones that you forgot.

Now you tell a writer to use black characters- Michael Holt, Hotspot, Vixen, Bumblebee, Impala, Mr Miracle, Duke, Batwing, Jace Fox, Air Walker and so a bunch more come before Cyborg.

If I was to use a version of him-it's Doom Patrol of YJ and will do EVERYTHING to distance from Ray's version and even New 52-Rebirth version.

TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #2

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    art and cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    card stock variant cover by PHILIP TAN
    ON SALE 4/27/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    The questions mount around the new school formed by the original New Teen Titans: What's going on with Billy Batson's access to the powers of Shazam, what dark secret is Raven's new pupil Dane hiding, and who's masquerading as the new Red X?

Shazam's powers are failing? I wonder if changed back to Billy at an inopportune moment, was outed as being a teenager, and that's how he ends up at the Academy?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So Raven has a pupil. I guess her being a teacher is confirmed, but I still wonder if she got aged up or not. She hasn't really been an "adult" in like two decades or something in the comics, so I don't know what to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Shazam's powers are failing? I wonder if changed back to Billy at an inopportune moment, was outed as being a teenager, and that's how he ends up at the Academy?
    My money is on it being fallout from the whole Secret Six/Batman who laughs thing, I’m assuming that getting possessed by a being of the Dark Multiverse is going to mess with your abilities somewhat especially if they depend on your moral character/pure of heart.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Billy really doesn't feel right to be in a Titans book.

The big elephant in the room is the fact his secret identity means the public would think he's an adult. So yeah, doesn't make sense for him to be a Titan unless he's been outed. An unwanted change back to normal Billy when there's people watching would result in his secret identity being blown, so power failure could explain how he ended up at the academy.

Though you'd think all six foster siblings would be there, not just Billy. If his powers are failing, then so should theirs.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-15-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Ok so the Flash girl has already lose this legs. And the student Ragman is a girl ?

And she has no shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    Ok so the Flash girl has already lose this legs. And the student Ragman is a girl ?

And she has no shoes.
    I didn’t even notice her legs, I actually assumed that her future state self suffered an accident during the whole Red X/Destruction of Titans Academy debacle. That’s interesting honestly.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #2

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    ON SALE 4/27/21
    The questions mount around the new school formed by the original New Teen Titans: What's going on with Billy Batson's access to the powers of Shazam, what dark secret is Raven's new pupil Dane hiding, and who's masquerading as the new Red X?

This picture low-key confirm that the Flash in FS Suicide Squad is the same as the Black blonde from here since both are amputees. It'll be interesting to learn why she ended in the Squad then.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    This picture low-key confirm that the Flash in FS Suicide Squad is the same as the Black blonde from here since both are amputees. It'll be interesting to learn why she ended in the Squad then.
    Oh yeah... I thought it's just her tight pants and stockings, but now I notice the metal joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    TEEN TITANS ACADEMY #2

written by TIM SHERIDAN
    ON SALE 4/27/21

Only one additional student to the previous cover, and we can tell most of them.
    Front row is Future Flash, Rag Girl, muslim girl, black girl
    Above them are Batman Fangirl #1 and an unknown
    Above them are an unknown and another unknown
    Finally at the top, Gorilla boy and Batman Fanboy #2

That leaves Red X, Billy Batson, and Batman Fanboy #3

Red X seems to have a really athletic build, so I'm guessing he's Blue Shirt, who people thought it's Dick Grayson, and maybe since Dick was the original Red X if he wants to wear blue too lol

Batman Fanboy #3 has blond hair which we can't tell from here but he has a slim build. I don't know about Billy.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 01-16-2021 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh yeah... I thought it's just her tight pants and stockings, but now I notice the metal joints.

Only one additional student to the previous cover, and we can tell most of them.

Red X seems to have a really athletic build, so I'm guessing he's Blue Shirt, who people thought it's Dick Grayson, and maybe since Dick was the original Red X if he wants to wear blue too lol

Batman Fanboy #3 has blond hair which we can't tell from here but he has a slim build. I don't know about Billy.
    the black girl is the third bat fan, she has bat memorabilia in the other cover.In lieu of getting bullied at again, I'm gonna switch up my picks. I don't know if we know blondie's deal yet, was he revealed to also be a bat fan? I don't remember seeing him with any bat stuff, regardless, I think that might be him in the sweater vest. either that or blondie's plaid shirt and Billy is sweater vest, and if we're going that route, then that leaves blue shirt as Red X.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

The Muslim girl debuted in Endless Winter's Teen Titans issue, she's Summer Zahid.

Future State Teen Titans #1 revealed a few others. The gorilla boy is called Gorilla Gregg, the Batman fangirl is called Bratgirl. Two more were revealed there as well, but I can't identify them on that cover.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-16-2021 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The Muslim girl debuted in Endless Winter's Teen Titans issue, she's Summer Zahid.

Future State Teen Titans #1 revealed a few others. The gorilla boy is called Gorilla Gregg, the Batman fangirl is called Bratgirl. Two more were revealed there as well, but I can't identify them on that cover.
    One of the bat-fans was revealed to be named Chupacabra (the one that looks like a teen Man-bat).

The boy with the T symbol above Summer Zahid is called Dane, Tim Sheridan said his name on Twitter. The interesting part is that he don't have a grave with his name on it and doesn't appear in Future State #1.