Page 1 of 70 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Titans Appreciation 2021

New year, new stories! The Titans enter 2021 as the Titan Academy!

Let's not forget Season 3 of the TV Show, hope for better stories in this one.

Oh, can the mods take the "thread" off the title? Just now i see the the others don't have that.

Happy New Year to the Titans and all their members and fans! Titans Together .

Happy New Year everyone .my Favorite DC TEAM The Titans I Hope that someday they get that Great Treatment they had during the Marv Wolfman n George Perez era.i heard they were as Popular as the X Men at one time.My Dream is to see other Teams such as Titans L.A. The New Titans.Extreme Titans.Titans Acamedy.Titans Task Force.Titans International just to name a few.

New Teen Titans from Wolfman/Perez is an all-time classic.
    One can only hope that today's creators can reach those lofty heights...

We've already seen a couple more pages of that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Future State: Teen Titans' Tim Sheridan Discusses the Dark Future of DC's Young Heroes

https://www.cbr.com/tim-sheridan-tee...ate-interview/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Future State: Teen Titans' Tim Sheridan Discusses the Dark Future of DC's Young Heroes

Not a big fan of this direction. The only way this nonsense becomes worthwhile is if the plot of the upcoming Titans Academy is about averting this mess.

'Dark Future'?

If someone told the Teen Titans of the '60s that their team would become one of the main sources for cannon fodder since the '90s, they'd have closed up shop and never looked back.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Sounds...not fun.

I really don't like the idea of Cybeast, which sucks because it sounds like they are really excited about this terrible idea. Maybe if they had did the design better, so it looked like a new character that's equal parts Beast Boy and equal parts Cyborg, I could've given it a shot; but the fact that he just looks like Beast Boy wearing the cyborg parts of Cyborg really just rubs me the wrong way. Cyborg has been stuck in a loop of questioning his humanity for decades and your big idea for this future scenario (where you could've done anything with him) is to throw away the human parts, slap the robot parts on Beast Boy, probably relegate the actual Vic to a digital display/projection or just a voice, and going "they merged, ain't that cool?" I don't think it's intentionally malicious, it clearly seemed like a cool idea to the creative team, but it just reads kinda insulting for someone who got promoted to the League (even tho they butchered him there too) to, instead of growing into his status, becoming the Javis to a different character while they wear him like a suit.

unfortunately i try not to be a hypocrite, and they have Red X in this title, so i have to give it a fair shake. maybe the execution makes it better than what is looks like at the outset. however, the fact that two of the biggest black faces in the Titans franchise are nowhere to be seen (Wallace is Dead, Cyborg is scrap) means that they better blow me away with their execution to break even. The most exciting part about Future State: Titans is the fact that it sets up Titans Acadamy after the fact; Cyborg and Wallace better not be absent from that too and hopefully they get treated better.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I really don't like the idea of Cybeast, which sucks because it sounds like they are really excited about this terrible idea. Maybe if they had did the design better, so it looked like a new character that's equal parts Beast Boy and equal parts Cyborg, I could've given it a shot; but the fact that he just looks like Beast Boy wearing the cyborg parts of Cyborg really just rubs me the wrong way. Cyborg has been stuck in a loop of questioning his humanity for decades and your big idea for this future scenario (where you could've done anything with him) is to throw away the human parts, slap the robot parts on Beast Boy, probably relegate the actual Vic to a digital display/projection or just a voice, and going "they merged, ain't that cool?" I don't think it's intentionally malicious, it clearly seemed like a cool idea to the creative team, but it just reads kinda insulting for someone who got promoted to the League (even tho they butchered him there too) to, instead of growing into his status, becoming the Javis to a different character while they wear him like a suit.

unfortunately i try not to be a hypocrite, and they have Red X in this title, so i have to give it a fair shake. maybe the execution makes it better than what is looks like at the outset. however, the fact that two of the biggest black faces in the Titans franchise are nowhere to be seen (Wallace is Dead, Cyborg is scrap) means that they better blow me away with their execution to break even. The most exciting part about Future State: Titans is the fact that it sets up Titans Acadamy after the fact; Cyborg and Wallace better not be absent from that too and hopefully they get treated better.
    It looks more like Beast Boy's gotten his own metal skin grafted onto him than he and Vic have really fused, but I guess he got all of Vic's tech half.

And there's so many practical questions about how Gar can function with being half-metal or how the body even works. What the heck are two best buds like when they basically inhabit the same body?