Page 62 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

when was the last time Raven and donna were allowed to be that powerful, this mini is kind fun, they get to do the most. Its funny its partially based on a property were they are allowed to only do the least

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    when was the last time Raven and donna were allowed to be that powerful, this mini is kind fun, they get to do the most. Its funny its partially based on a property were they are allowed to only do the least
    Who knew a book for synergy could do the characters better than the actual show it exists for? Funny .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who knew a book for synergy could do the characters better than the actual show it exists for? Funny .
    Well
    Not even that, when Donna was in Titans she wasn’t flyin as much or using her magic lasso. It always frustrates me when they have so much ability yet writers ignore it. It’s also good to have a nice strength gage, she can stop a plane. That’s awesome.

Ravens portal abilities, she uses them most freely in ttgo becuase that show has no rules or restrictions
    She didn’t make use of it in the actual animated series or in her last titans/teen titans run.

Finally got on the United train and I am REALLY into it. Everything, save for Jason, is damn near perfect. I was expecting the same general vibes as the show but instead I'm left feeling like I'm reading a Pre-Flashpoint book and I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The academy angle was actually one of the most common fan pitches with the Titans.
    And it's not a bad idea. It's just....this one is kinda boring. It has its moments. The most recent issue was really good. But...I really don't give a damn about these kids. Save for the Batpack. They're surprisingly great.

But on the flipside, Strange Academy is wonderful. I wish TTA's cast was as fun and memorable as that one.
    Last edited by Blue22; 11-09-2021 at 03:38 PM.

Big news in Supergirl regarding Miss Martian.
    spoilers:
    The reason she's been absent all season is because Megan was pregnant - she and Martian Manhunter are now parents!

How long until the Young Justice version follows suit and has Superboy's kid?
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Big news in Supergirl regarding Miss Martian.
    spoilers:
    The reason she's been absent all season is because Megan was pregnant - she and Martian Manhunter are now parents!

How long until the Young Justice version follows suit and has Superboy's kid?
    end of spoilers
    She is Martian Manhunter's wife? Weird.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    She is Martian Manhunter's wife? Weird.
    Yeah, she's been J'onn's love interest since she was introduced. It's kind of weird coming off YJ .

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Well
    Not even that, when Donna was in Titans she wasn’t flyin as much or using her magic lasso. It always frustrates me when they have so much ability yet writers ignore it. It’s also good to have a nice strength gage, she can stop a plane. That’s awesome.

Ravens portal abilities, she uses them most freely in ttgo becuase that show has no rules or restrictions
    She didn’t make use of it in the actual animated series or in her last titans/teen titans run.
    While Donna's strength hasn't been fully gauged (to my knowledge), she's been shown to hold back Supergirl (Justice League 2006) and stop Superman in his tracks (Action Comics #584 1987 and Batman /Superman Batman Who Laughs special). Recently, Batman compared fighting Donna to sparring with Diana during the Batman Who Laughs Secret Six issue. So while Donna may not be as strong as Diana or Superman/girl, she has been shown to be a powerhouse. I agree, post Rebirth Donna has seemed a bit powered-down. it's nice to see her showcased as one of the Titan's big guns.

Raven is another very powerful Titan's who's abilities sometimes gets overlooked. She can teleport herself and other's. Raven has been shown to heal someone from wounds, calm and read people's emotions as an empath. She can detect evil, for instance. Pretty powerful stuff if you think about it but, much of that gets overlooked in favor of her ties to magic. Maybe due to her appearance in the TT cartoon? IDK.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by donnafan View Post
    While Donna's strength hasn't been fully gauged (to my knowledge), she's been shown to hold back Supergirl (Justice League 2006) and stop Superman in his tracks (Action Comics #584 1987 and Batman /Superman Batman Who Laughs special). Recently, Batman compared fighting Donna to sparring with Diana during the Batman Who Laughs Secret Six issue. So while Donna may not be as strong as Diana or Superman/girl, she has been shown to be a powerhouse. I agree, post Rebirth Donna has seemed a bit powered-down. it's nice to see her showcased as one of the Titan's big guns.

Raven is another very powerful Titan's who's abilities sometimes gets overlooked. She can teleport herself and other's. Raven has been shown to heal someone from wounds, calm and read people's emotions as an empath. She can detect evil, for instance. Pretty powerful stuff if you think about it but, much of that gets overlooked in favor of her ties to magic. Maybe due to her appearance in the TT cartoon? IDK.
    In raven's case she can do so much, its probably hard for writers to remember, and when they do, they have to ignore her plot breaking abilities
    even the TT cartoon began a gag of gagging her, making her chant mandatory for using her abelites was stupid

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

They are, even in their limited membership...or not so limited if you get to use all their members, every bit as powerful as the JL, but always shown as lesser than. I truly want to see DC put as much effort into developing the Titans with a creative team the way they do the Justice League (I know it will never happen but hey it's a new party at DC so I can dream right?)

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    They are, even in their limited membership...or not so limited if you get to use all their members, every bit as powerful as the JL, but always shown as lesser than. I truly want to see DC put as much effort into developing the Titans with a creative team the way they do the Justice League (I know it will never happen but hey it's a new party at DC so I can dream right?)
    DC are pretty terrible at team books lately. JL also lacks really good recent runs. Snyder's started out well enough, but then lost itself. Now we get Bendis lol.
    I agree that Titans are usually treated even worse, thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    DC are pretty terrible at team books lately. JL also lacks really good recent runs. Snyder's started out well enough, but then lost itself. Now we get Bendis lol.
    I agree that Titans are usually treated even worse, thought.
    It seems like the only good team books at Marvel are the ones written by Al Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she's been J'onn's love interest since she was introduced. It's kind of weird coming off YJ .
    Weird coming off the comics too. In everything else Megan's been in, she's been a girl who J'onn takes in as his niece. Supergirl's version is an adult and his girlfriend instead. They kept the White Martian origin though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

But and Roy?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post

But and Roy?
    Roy joins later
    The fab 5 was the Fab Four at first