Page 38 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait Gorilla Gregg is related to Gorilla Grodd? My god the Titans are bad at background checks.

Because let me see if I have this right about the current new class of titans. We have a gorilla related to a prominent Flash villain, we have someone blackmailed by Amanda Waller, apparently the anti-Christ, someone with amnesia who could be the next Conner Kent, oh and let’s not forget that Red X could be mysteriously any one of the new kids.
    In fairness, do we know that the Titans don't know? Just having an evil relative doesn't make one evil.

Yeah, Kid Flash's father was a Reverse Flash, remember. And Aqualad's is Black Manta.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fair enough
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

DC Preview: Teen Titans Academy #4

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/06/18/dc...ans-academy-4/
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    In fairness, do we know that the Titans don't know? Just having an evil relative doesn't make one evil.
    Most of the titans have had one, fighting evil family is a titans thing

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Really? She just looks like normal Starfire to me.
    Look at her facial features

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, Raven <-Trigon, Jericho & Ravager <-Deathstroke, etc.

There's plenty of precedent for some Titans to her heroic sidekicks all growed up and others to have less friendly parents...

Incredible Member

The two things that come to mind are that 1. the Titans hovering over the black family does not feel comforting and 2. Cyborg is gone again.

That's because it's the TV roster, but Cyborg is in Doom Patrol instead. This isn't in main continuity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    It's Gregg's time now. .
    Chupacabra feels like my new favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That's because it's the TV roster, but Cyborg is in Doom Patrol instead. This isn't in main continuity.
    Nothing really indicate that this isn't in the main continuity. It certainly looks a hell lot like the main universe tho.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I wish they had ditched Donna's Rebirth look and put her in something red like the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Look at her facial features
    I am...I'm not really seeing any difference from how she's normally depicted.

Excluding Cyborg from the mini just because he isn't part of the show is a weird decision. Looking at the art, I wouldn't say the comic is supposed to be set in the show's universe and even if they are trying to pander to the show's audience, I think Cyborg is popular enough in outside media that his inclusion could probably attract some attention too.
    Just copying the show's team doesn't seem like the smartest decision to make new readers interested for the long run if the mini has no relation to the other Titans books being published.
    A book about Dick, Donna, Raven, Cyborg, BB and Starfire as TT Academy teachers going on their own big mission would probably do a better job of showcasing some of the popular characters from the show while also introducing the comics' status quo to a new audience.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I love how DC is backing up their actress by making Starfire look more like her.
    That’s just Jamal putting that detail in, not DC. He also made Supergirl look like her CW counterpart in the cover for Naomi 6.