Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    It's too soon to tell that. But i think it's not the real Conner, more a parallel version. Because on two images for the promo on Infinite Frontier we have two Conner, with two costumes differents.

Maybe after the issue 1 we will have some clues on what's going on.
    Judging by Future State Suicide Squad, written by the same guy that will be doing the ongoing, it's the same old Conner Kent.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I just saw some speculation on Reddit regarding the secret identity of Shoes, who becomes Catwoman's sidekick Cat Girl in May's Festival of Heroes one-shot. The solicit says "Plus, Cheshire Cat's relationship to Cheshire is revealed as Shoes asks Selina Kyle to take her under her wing as Cat Girl." The name that came up? Lian Harper. Will Roy be needing to pay Gotham a visit soon?
    Shoes is from Catwoman already. She's a street kid that first featured in #25.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Yeah, Titans franchise has a higher death rate than Suicide Squad.

Conner showing up at a school to help kidnap a kid for Waller doesn't sit right with me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    I was pretty excited for Titans Academy, but this has severely dampened my interest. When more than 25% of crossovers aren't garbage maybe I'll change my mind on it, but for now I prefer the singular vision of creators, artists included.
    Yeeeeeah I've been pretty back and forth on how I feel about both the Titans Academy (though I've been warming up to the idea) and Conner being on the Suicide Squad. And now I'm not really liking where either seems to be going, in regards to their first outing. I'm tired of the bleak, edgy shit we've been getting with the Titans, both in Glass' run and in Future State (though to be fair to the latter, it at least ended on a more hopeful note). That's why I've been kinda iffy on bringing in Red X. Make the Teen Titans fun again before you pull of the typical tonal whiplashes that we've all come to know and love from this team and their adventures lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dioman-san View Post
    It's maybe not the real Conner Kent ? In a interview, Thompson said something wrong with Superboy and we will now in the issues 2 or 3.

It's him, but we are speculating the "something wrong" with Kon is thst its his powers that it's coming from(bendis wrote that he might lose them in the future) and Waller migjt be the key to keeping them. All speculation, but it's been set up in the superman story and some YJ cartoon "shields" thrown in for fun Imo.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeeeeeah I've been pretty back and forth on how I feel about both the Titans Academy (though I've been warming up to the idea) and Conner being on the Suicide Squad. And now I'm not really liking where either seems to be going, in regards to their first outing. I'm tired of the bleak, edgy shit we've been getting with the Titans, both in Glass' run and in Future State (though to be fair to the latter, it at least ended on a more hopeful note). That's why I've been kinda iffy on bringing in Red X. Make the Teen Titans fun again before you pull of the typical tonal whiplashes that we've all come to know and love from this team and their adventures lol
    I'm hoping that Sheridan's run is going to be a mix of whacky nonsense and some realistic, dark beats but having a crossover so early on isn't something I was expecting nor something that I'm ready to say that I really wanted. I was also hoping for more of an emphasis on the New Teen Titans characters and, to be fair, based on Future State we'll be getting that but all of the solicits have been about Red X and now, Bolt. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm interested in both. I just don't know if it's what I wanted.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    I'm hoping that Sheridan's run is going to be a mix of whacky nonsense and some realistic, dark beats but having a crossover so early on isn't something I was expecting nor something that I'm ready to say that I really wanted. I was also hoping for more of an emphasis on the New Teen Titans characters and, to be fair, based on Future State we'll be getting that but all of the solicits have been about Red X and now, Bolt. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm interested in both. I just don't know if it's what I wanted.
    I think this focus on new characters, including Red X and Bolt, comes a lot from what I have been hearing from Williamson that as they want to move forward they want to get back to that time in the 90's/early 2000's where we got introduced to a new generation of characters. At least that is what I think is going on.

Also when it comes to the Suicide Squad its kind of weird but the first three issues look to be tie-ins, first two are the Joker's assault on Arkham that will be seen in Infinite Frontier and the Third is Titans Academy.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

With the Deathstroke Inc news, you guys think this is a response from Slade to the Titans Academy? I would really like for this books to converge and be connected.

I was also thinking something about this Red X against Suicide Squad.
    What if this Red X that is fighting is not the new guy, but actually Dick? In Future State, during a flashback we see the first time the new Red X put the mask on and he was in front of a portal and using swords.

But who know, maybe this new crossover is already a divergence to that possible future.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    With the Deathstroke Inc news, you guys think this is a response from Slade to the Titans Academy? I would really like for this books to converge and be connected.

I was also thinking something about this Red X against Suicide Squad.
    What if this Red X that is fighting is not the new guy, but actually Dick? In Future State, during a flashback we see the first time the new Red X put the mask on and he was in front of a portal and using swords.

But who know, maybe this new crossover is already a divergence to that possible future.
    A crossover between those two books makes more sense than Suicide Squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A crossover between those two books makes more sense than Suicide Squad.

Yeah it does, BUT the squad book has Conner in it, plus Bolt was on the future state team
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Yeah it does, BUT the squad book has Conner in it, plus Bolt was on the future state team
    I know, but still Deathstroke vs. Titans is always a classic .

I'm copying this over from my Shazam forum post but I have a feeling that it will also impact the Titans as well. Okay so this is going to be confusing, heck it was confusing reading it, but I have a feeling that this is going to really have an impact on Shazam for the foreseeable future. Big spoilers from Future State Suicide Squad #2, specifically the Black Adam backstory.

spoilers:
    Alright so, remember how Raven filled with the power of the horseman of the apocalypse with the power of Shazam escaped Hell in Future State Shazam and became the whole Unkindness thing? Well she tried to destroy the universe in the Black Adam future so with being the only one left Black Adam sealed her away....but through Shenanigans of Magic, Speed Force, and the Omniverse he gets trapped in the rock of Eternity which gets knocked into Hell in the year 2021 with the Unkindness, oh and this version of Black Adam wants to escape at all costs to see his child with DC One Million Wonder Woman.

So essentially the Rock of Eternity is trapped in Hell, with a different future version of Black Adam and the power of Four Horseman of the Apocalypse/Raven inside it. I think we may have an idea of what is messing with Billy's powers now in Titans Academy, and it means that the thing that messed with Wally West and the Titans in Future State is now in the present.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

God what a mess this whole FS Shazam/Raven thing has been.
    Sad to see it isn't ending with Future State.

Astonishing Member

But now it became clear how, most likely, the Future State events will be prevented from happening.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I'm copying this over from my Shazam forum post but I have a feeling that it will also impact the Titans as well. Okay so this is going to be confusing, heck it was confusing reading it, but I have a feeling that this is going to really have an impact on Shazam for the foreseeable future. Big spoilers from Future State Suicide Squad #2, specifically the Black Adam backstory.

spoilers:
    Alright so, remember how Raven filled with the power of the horseman of the apocalypse with the power of Shazam escaped Hell in Future State Shazam and became the whole Unkindness thing? Well she tried to destroy the universe in the Black Adam future so with being the only one left Black Adam sealed her away....but through Shenanigans of Magic, Speed Force, and the Omniverse he gets trapped in the rock of Eternity which gets knocked into Hell in the year 2021 with the Unkindness, oh and this version of Black Adam wants to escape at all costs to see his child with DC One Million Wonder Woman.

So essentially the Rock of Eternity is trapped in Hell, with a different future version of Black Adam and the power of Four Horseman of the Apocalypse/Raven inside it. I think we may have an idea of what is messing with Billy's powers now in Titans Academy, and it means that the thing that messed with Wally West and the Titans in Future State is now in the present.
    end of spoilers
    Man, things never end well for the Marvel Family sometimes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    That's convoluted and awful.