Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Not a big fan of this direction. The only way this nonsense becomes worthwhile is if the plot of the upcoming Titans Academy is about averting this mess.
    I think it will one on the plot of the serie. Not chance this future happening.

So about Rex X:

spoilers:
    Red X was Dick's identity what one point, maybe like in the cartoon? And someone assumed the persona inspired by Dick cause something happened. It looks like he go to Titans Academy and then became Red X.
    end of spoilers

I still don't know what to think about this story, is kinda confusing imo, bunch of stuff happening. I still don't know who is the bad guy and there only one issue left.

One little thing i hated, they made Starfire eyes white. Probably some mistake of the colorist.
    Last edited by Drako; 01-12-2021 at 06:48 AM.

I'm confused too. I had to read a couple of dialogue twice to figure out what was going on and it didn't help. It feels as if not one question was resolved in this Issue. Certainly curious how they'll tie this up but I'm not sure it's worth the money.

I think introducing the Academy characters this way is doing them a disservice. And, idk, character voices felt off a lot of the time.

Extraordinary Member

I’m not sure why everyone’s complaining about Cybeast and the Titans dark future?

The whole purpose is to show it, because the present won’t become just like it.

It would be like an X-Men fan complaining about Days of Future Past.

Or rather a DC fan complain how the Titans were in Kingdom Come.

Yeah I’m mainly reading this and what I have picked up from Future State because I’m using it as a testing ground for Infinite Frontier, except for Next Batman which I’m just interested to read.

That said I would like to talk about the new students we got to meet this issue, and I don’t mean Red X or characters like Shazam, Bunker, Crush, and Emiko we know them. I’m talking completely new or unexpected faces, it will be more of a list and I’ll put it in spoilers for posterity.

spoilers:

Bratgirl- Clearly one of the Batman fans, didn’t get to know her or if she had any powers but her design is fun enough. I like the hair done in bat ears, it’s funny.

Totally Tubular- Someone named him from the 90’s. No idea what he even is supposed to do but he’s got an outfit that reminds me of goldballs from Uncanny X-men.

Gorilla Gregg- Clearly he’s supposed to be a heroic Grodd, I’m interested just for the sake of a potentially psychic gorilla.

Chupacabra- Ok I think he’s one of the Batman fans but he took it in the direction to be a teenage manbat, which is interesting. I want to know more.

Dial H- He’s dead in the future but the Wonder Comics Dial H (also seen in Young Justice) will apparently be in the present day. Glad to see a pre-existing character who I know and have enjoyed

Jakeem Thunder- What’s he doing here? Get back to JSA Jakeem! But no in all seriousness I like him and if he’s sticking around at least that’s another character that I actually like from past readings.

end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So about Rex X:

spoilers:
    Red X was Dick's identity what one point, maybe like in the cartoon? And someone assumed the persona inspired by Dick cause something happened. It looks like he go to Titans Academy and then became Red X.
    end of spoilers

I still don't know what to think about this story, is kinda confusing imo, bunch of stuff happening. I still don't know who is the bad guy and there only one issue left.

One little thing i hated, they made Starfire eyes white. Probably some mistake of the colorist.
    Since Raven was missing from the second cover, I assumed that she's the villain, most likely possessed by Trigon.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Since Raven was missing from the second cover, I assumed that she's the villain, most likely possessed by Trigon.
    I thought the same thing but from the cover of Shazam which Sheridan is also writing.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I’m mainly reading this and what I have picked up from Future State because I’m using it as a testing ground for Infinite Frontier, except for Next Batman which I’m just interested to read.

That said I would like to talk about the new students we got to meet this issue, and I don’t mean Red X or characters like Shazam, Bunker, Crush, and Emiko we know them. I’m talking completely new or unexpected faces, it will be more of a list and I’ll put it in spoilers for posterity.

spoilers:
    Jakeem Thunder- What’s he doing here? Get back to JSA Jakeem! But no in all seriousness I like him and if he’s sticking around at least that’s another character that I actually like from past readings.

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Yeah, looks like Jakeem will be in Teen Titans Academy instead of the Justice Society relaunch... which raises a question - where's Djinn? Last time we saw her, outside of Death Metal, she left alongside Jakeem and Thunderbolt (she and Thunderbolt both being genies). I'd expected Djinn to end up with the JSA, not Jakeem to become a Teen Titan.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’m not sure why everyone’s complaining about Cybeast and the Titans dark future?

The whole purpose is to show it, because the present won’t become just like it.

It would be like an X-Men fan complaining about Days of Future Past.

Or rather a DC fan complain how the Titans were in Kingdom Come.
    I think it's because Future State has been re-worked from 5G, so some element of this was intended to be the permanent continuity at some point.

spoilers:

Bratgirl- Clearly one of the Batman fans, didn’t get to know her or if she had any powers but her design is fun enough. I like the hair done in bat ears, it’s funny.

Totally Tubular- Someone named him from the 90’s. No idea what he even is supposed to do but he’s got an outfit that reminds me of goldballs from Uncanny X-men.

Gorilla Gregg- Clearly he’s supposed to be a heroic Grodd, I’m interested just for the sake of a potentially psychic gorilla.

Chupacabra- Ok I think he’s one of the Batman fans but he took it in the direction to be a teenage manbat, which is interesting. I want to know more.

Dial H- He’s dead in the future but the Wonder Comics Dial H (also seen in Young Justice) will apparently be in the present day. Glad to see a pre-existing character who I know and have enjoyed

end of spoilers
    Can't say I'm too enthused about this.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Is there not said to be 3 batman fans. Reckon the third one will end up being Red X?

I don't know what to think about the FS issue. It really was a bit confusing and the little we got to see of the new characters wasn't very interesting. Most of them seemed like parodies, which was unexpected but not in a good way.
    At least the art was pretty good. Sandoval is the perfect fit for Titans, I just worry the writer and new direction aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Is there not said to be 3 batman fans. Reckon the third one will end up being Red X?
    This 5 characters were not in the issue. We know the 2 ladies or Summer Zahid and Bolt. The 3 males are unknown but one is the other Bat fan.

I was bothered by the times where it looked like Dick was taller than Kori.

This issue just had flashes of a lot of things happening but it didn’t tell us much. Basically they started Titans Academy, something bad happened that caused the academy to collapse, and there’s a plan to fight...something. Two of those things we knew already from the solits.

Maybe they want to copy the cartoon more and make her look less alien-like. So they gave her normal looking eyes. She looked like a completely different character with her eyes, costume, and hair though.