Page 39 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Jamal makes Kory look like Anna which I love. Shes also wearing Anna's new costume but without leggings and sleeves.

I'm also glad this raven resembles more of her NTT self. Looking forward to this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Jamal makes Kory look like Anna which I love. Shes also wearing Anna's new costume but without leggings and sleeves.

I'm also glad this raven resembles more of her NTT self. Looking forward to this.
    Will pants and boots rather then thighs and heels

I'm seriously not seeing Anna Diop in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    That does also make it in-line with her last two comic costumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Will pants and boots rather then thighs and heels
    Her Rebirth costume had pants too. I know Jonboy designed her with heels although I think most artists make it flat.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Just label it Earth T.

Astonishing Member

It's the show's line up but boy do we not want to write comics like the show writes the characters so let's just split the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It's the show's line up but boy do we not want to write comics like the show writes the characters so let's just split the difference.
    Probably not easy to write a memorable tie-in with the actual TV line-up that matches with the show events either.

Titans Unite for New DC Comic
    by Cavan Scott

For the last few months I’ve been teasing a superhero comic I’ve been writing and now the news is out.

Titans United is a seven issue mini-series which launches from DC on 14th September.

Here’s the solicitation:

TITANS UNITED #1
    Story by Cavan Scott Pencils by Jose Luis Inks by Jonas Trindade Cover by Jamal Campbell

$4.99 US (Card Stock) ON SALE 9/14/21 The Titans face their greatest challenge—their own powers! Nightwing, Donna Troy, Superboy, Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Red Hood kick off a thrilling new case that will lead one of their own to question not only their place on the team, but their very existence.

$3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 of 7 Variant cover by Kael Ngu 1:25 Variant cover by Junggeun Yoon
    Fans of the HBO Titans series will recognise the line-up, especially when we add Hawk and Dove to the mix. Yes, it’s the HBO roster, but these are definitely the characters’ comic counterparts. In fact, the brief from our editor, Michael McCalister, was to take as much inspiration from the original Wolfman and Perez New Teen Titans run of the 1980s as we could.

One of my aims with this series is to give a chance for fans of the show an entry point to the comics while also giving long-time fans a fun adventure they can enjoy too. Basically the watchword of the series is fun, fun, fun. I’ve been asked if the story takes place in main comics continuity and what I’ll say is that we’re canon adjacent. Basically, our series is 100% bound by canon, but doesn’t break anything either.

I’m really enjoying working with penciller Jose Luis and inker Jonas Trindade again, both of which I’ve worked with on Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace and our Hawkman & Hawkgirl short in this year’s DC Comic’s Valentine Special.

Check out some samples of the art for issue one, coloured by the wonderful Rex Lokus.

You have no idea what it means to be writing a character with a big S on his chest!

More news on this series soon, but in the meantime keep your eyes glued to my Twitter and Instagram for more Titans goodness.

Source: https://cavanscott.com/2021/06/22/ti...-new-dc-comic/

I never read anything written by Cavan Scott. Is he good?

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    by Cavan Scott

For the last few months I’ve been teasing a superhero comic I’ve been writing and now the news is out.

Titans United is a seven issue mini-series which launches from DC on 14th September.

Here’s the solicitation:

Fans of the HBO Titans series will recognise the line-up, especially when we add Hawk and Dove to the mix. Yes, it’s the HBO roster, but these are definitely the characters’ comic counterparts. In fact, the brief from our editor, Michael McCalister, was to take as much inspiration from the original Wolfman and Perez New Teen Titans run of the 1980s as we could.

One of my aims with this series is to give a chance for fans of the show an entry point to the comics while also giving long-time fans a fun adventure they can enjoy too. Basically the watchword of the series is fun, fun, fun. I’ve been asked if the story takes place in main comics continuity and what I’ll say is that we’re canon adjacent. Basically, our series is 100% bound by canon, but doesn’t break anything either.

I’m really enjoying working with penciller Jose Luis and inker Jonas Trindade again, both of which I’ve worked with on Wonder Woman: Agent of Peace and our Hawkman & Hawkgirl short in this year’s DC Comic’s Valentine Special.

Check out some samples of the art for issue one, coloured by the wonderful Rex Lokus.

You have no idea what it means to be writing a character with a big S on his chest!

More news on this series soon, but in the meantime keep your eyes glued to my Twitter and Instagram for more Titans goodness.

Everything about this post is good news. they have their comic canon history.personally I was worried that Conner wasn’t going to have his YJ/TT history.

Honestly great art and I have high expectations for this book.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Everything about this post is good news. they have their comic canon history.personally I was worried that Conner wasn’t going to have his YJ/TT history.

Honestly great art and I have high expectations for this book.
    Yes, at least i have a proper Titans book to look forward to.

TTA isn't doing it for me at the moment.
    Last edited by Drako; 06-22-2021 at 08:26 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yes, at least i have a proper Titans book to look forward to.

TTA isn't doing it for me at the moment.
    Yeah, TTA is a disappointment. It's like DC saw Strange Academy at Marvel, copied it and forgot to make the new cast interesting or likable.

Can Donna get a new costume?

100% bound by canon, but doesn’t break anything either.
    Oh, really? I'd say that Red Hood and Superboy being there breaks canon. Main continuity Jason wouldn't consider joining the Titans, and Superboy is currently supposed to be with the Suicide Squad.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Oh, really? I'd say that Red Hood and Superboy being there breaks canon. Main continuity Jason wouldn't consider joining the Titans, and Superboy is currently supposed to be with the Suicide Squad.
    Both of those things are very easy to write a excuse for. Also, we don't know SB status after the SS Anual.

Incredible Member

by Cavan Scott

Here’s the solicitation:

I think most Titans readers want a book with the older Titans, mentors/teachers/Leaders of Titans Academy that gives a glimpse of what's up with their private lives, in current continuity, such as who they are dating and who are their supporting characters. Especially in this new Omniverse.