Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1151575859606162636465 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I seriously need this book to drop the Academy and the kids and focus on the grown up Titans. Apologies for anyone who likes the book, but I just cant get into them.
    I’m a big fan of NTT but, for me, every series after the 1984 one that focused on that team has not been good. I enjoyed the recent team with Djinn and Roundhouse much better. As well as the team when Sean McKeever was writing (Tim Drake, Cassie, Blue Beetle, Kid Devil, Miss Martian, Supergirl, and Ravager).
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Strange Academy kids might lack staying power, but their book is far more enjoyable than Titans Academy and the cast is more interesting. The teachers have less focus than the kids, but aren't treated as jokes or irrelevant when they show up.

Avengers Academy had staying power, but the editorial went full clown and threw away all that potential for Avengers Arena(or whatever that awful storyline was where Marvel killed off a bunch of teen/ YA heroes at the hands of... I forgot who orchestrated that debacle. I think it was Arcade?)

X Men students get cameos on Krakoa.
    Yeah, Arcade was the villain of Avengers Arena.

And I agree, I'm not sure even Emily Bright has a future after Strange Academy ends, and she's basically the main character, being the one used to introduce the readers to the concept.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I’m a big fan of NTT but, for me, every series after the 1984 one that focused on that team has not been good.
    Maybe it's because I joined late, but I truly enjoyed both the Technis Imperative & the Devin Grayson series that came out of that event.

Last edited by K7P5V; 11-07-2021 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I seriously need this book to drop the Academy and the kids and focus on the grown up Titans. Apologies for anyone who likes the book, but I just cant get into them.

DC fans: Urgh, why do Titans need to open up the Academy, it will be a terrible idea.

Marvel fans who have read Avengers Academy, All new X-Men and Strange Academy for the first time hear DC publishing a Titan academy book and then see DC fans upset about it: FIRST TIME?

The academy angle was actually one of the most common fan pitches with the Titans.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Maybe it's because I joined late, but I truly enjoyed both the Technis Imperative & the Devin Grayson series that came out of that event.

Yeah, I'm tired of listen that the former team is not able to bear a good title.
    It just depends on the writer. Devin Grayson's run is the perfect exmaple. All you need is loving the characters, having something to tell and being a skilled writer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    The academy angle was actually one of the most common fan pitches with the Titans.
    I thought the most common pitch was Titans not getting killed off and turned evil for shock value and no betrayal arcs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Yeah, I'm tired of listen that the former team is not able to bear a good title.
    It just depends on the writer. Devin Grayson's run is the perfect exmaple. All you need is loving the characters, having something to tell and being a skilled writer.
    Devin Grayson is awful

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Has the Matt Price mystery been solved yet?
    He had a mystery lol? The only kid I’ve grown attached to is Dane. I see a future in DC with him

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Siri play the Boys are Back from HSM 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Devin Grayson is awful
    She has her moments, both good and bad, depending on what she's writing...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I know, right?! Devin's the reason I came to care about the trials & tribulations of Roy Harper (XD)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    she is the one who really went in on the fetishization of Dick Grayson and of course the infamous Tarauntula Arc

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    she is the one who really went in on the fetishization of Dick Grayson and of course the infamous Tarauntula Arc
    Like I said, she has her good and bad points .

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Devin's the reason I came to care about the trials & tribulations of Roy Harper (XD)

How does that shirt work? A miscolor? It's supposed to be all red and sleeveless?

Yes, it's sleeveless, and the fleshtone parts on his chest are supposed to be yellow.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Titans_Vol_1_1
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Titans_Vol_1_22
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-09-2021 at 03:40 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman