Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Tangential, but I always thought it'd be interesting if someone did a story where it's revealed most of "mental illnesses" writers/fans ascribe to the Bat-rogues that gets them sent to Arkham was just revealed in-universe to be the work of Strange who has a very outdated/pop culture understanding of psychology.
    I actually wonder if a smarter way to handle Arkham nowadays to avoid all sorts of negative stereotypes and cliches about mental health and criminality/violence might be put the Asylum early in Batman’s career only, and have Strange go “Monster Men” on some of the inmates to justify keeping them there, with Crane’s help.

Incidentally, my preferred idea for Magpie would be to have her be Strange’s attempt to replicate Catwoman, with Magpie’s far more blatant kleptomania and screwed up approach to her sexuality being terrifying signs of what Strange thought goes into Selina.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 05-17-2021 at 04:10 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

My suggestion would be to have two Asylums.

One would be the classic Arkham Asylum; a facility with a long problematic history but the people who run Gotham thought it was the best place to warehouse all the dangerous, super powered villains under one roof. Arkham himself barely has control over his own staff and inmates. Hugo Strange regularly manipulates his own patients and makes them worse. Lyle Bolton regularly abuses them. Harley is Harley. Mayor regularly, discreetly cuts off funding to allow more super villains to escape in order to distract people from his own ineptitude and some of the board members cut deals with Belle Reeve to have inmates transferred over there where they wend up with the Squad and are seen a few months later roaming around the streets.

The other one would be a modern humane mental facility. This is the place where guys like King Tut, Cavalier, Tweeldee & Tweeldum, the Penny Plunderer and all the C-Z villains gets sent to. No, this is not Blackgate, as that one was just a regular prison. Guys like Two-Face, Riddler, Ventriloquist & Scarface are sent here when they are in their less violent phases and acts as a half way house for them before they are deemed safe for release. Some of the villains actually reform and go on to have better lives but as many would tell you, 'that doesn't make the headlines'. The Joker is, of course, *never* sent to this facility.

I love how the Adam Hughes cover is now an official in-universe mugshot for Catwoman and how Ivy couldn't resist posing seductively for a mugshot .

Extraordinary Member

Catwoman #34 – Then on August 17, Alleytown continues to be the hotspot in Gotham City, with Selina Kyle’s quest to keep her home safe beset on all sides, not only by law enforcement gone bad, but a potential invasion by the city’s villains as well. And if those problems aren’t enough, Batman makes the scene, breaking his and Selina’s vow to give each other another one-year break.

• Written by Ram V
    • Art by Fernando Blanco
    • Main cover by Matteo Scalera
    • Card stock variant by Jenny Frison
    • 32 Pages; $3.99 ($4.99 card stock variant)
    • On Sale Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Harley Quinn #6 – What would any crisis that threatens all of Gotham City be without Harley Quinn? Boring, that’s what! The mistress of mischief and mayhem teams up with Catwoman to kick the Magistrate out of Alleytown for good!

• Written by Stephanie Phillips
    • Art by Laura Braga
    • Main cover by Riley Rossmo
    • Card stock variant by Derrick Chew
    • 32 Pages; $3.99 ($4.99 card stock variant cover)
    • On Sale Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Extraordinary Member

Catwoman: Soulstealer Preview
    Writer: Sarah J. Maas
    Adapted By: Louise Simonson
    Artist: Samantha Dodge

Last edited by Hypo; 05-19-2021 at 09:43 AM.

Purple .

Full face mask is an interesting look. And blonde Bruce ?

This looks good.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

CATWOMAN by Sheldon Moldoff.

cat-woman.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Catwoman #35 Wanted Variant by Kael Ngu

Catwoman with that strong armpit action .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Cooke knew how to draw Selina...

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

DCAU version is still the best. Michelle Pfeiffer is a close second, but she's more of proto Harley Quinn than Catwoman. Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt are also close contenders. My OC Yuuki would want to do all four of them.

Honestly, Tom King's approach to Batman only finding happiness through Catwoman strikes me as odd. He has an entire family full of proteges and people who care about him, and only Catwoman can cheer her up? And she speaks exclusively in meows...
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon16 View Post
    DCAU version is still the best. Michelle Pfeiffer is a close second, but she's more of proto Harley Quinn than Catwoman. Julie Newmar/Eartha Kitt are also close contenders. My OC Yuuki would want to do all four of them.

Honestly, Tom King's approach to Batman only finding happiness through Catwoman strikes me as odd. He has an entire family full of proteges and people who care about him, and only Catwoman can cheer her up? And she speaks exclusively in meows...
    I generally feel like, if anything, the idea behind Bruce and Selina trying out a permanent relationship should be how inherently chaotic they usually are; that while he could find peace and happiness with his kids, with Selina, there’d always be a bit of tension, and the “goal” would be to find whatever equilibrium they can.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Catwoman #8
    By Judd Winick, Adriana Melo, Mariah Benes, Julio Ferreira, Tomeu Morey
    Published by DC Comics

CatwomanBikini.jpg