Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    Bruce's parents were rich people who got murdered and had their possessions taken a way by a mugger so i dont think you could argue that Batman would allow Catwoman to steal even if its from rich people. Batman knows stealing is wrong even if its from rich people.
    Bruce does have a tendency to tell Selina to "put it back" .

Incredible Member

He works with the GCPD. If Catwoman comes to the GCPD, she would be put in jail. You dont seem to understand Batman.
    He works with Gordon. Gordon himself is corrupt, because he must also allow working with an outlaw to combat Gotham's own corruption and rampant crime. They all make these choices because they think it's necessary but it's definitely not working within the law.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    He works with Gordon. Gordon himself is corrupt, because he must also allow working with an outlaw to combat Gotham's own corruption and rampant crime. They all make these choices because they think it's necessary but it's definitely not working within the law.
    Its not just Gordon. Batman appears at the crime scenes to investigate. He is a member of the Justice League. He has built a good reputation as a hero. You have wacky logic.

To be honest, i find it funny that Harley sits in the hall of Justice before Catwoman.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 02-28-2021 at 01:46 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    An interesting conversation you guys got there. That reminds me that once upon a time Bruce said to Talia and Selina that he can't be with them as long as they're committing crimes, or supporting her father.

This is more of a Bruce question than Selina's question, to be honest, but I'm not finished with a Bruce question in the Bruce thread, so I'll just ask here. When's the first time he compromised? Specifically about Selina since this is a Selina thread?

...Nevermind. I remember immediately that he let her go the first time he met because he was so smitten, but he's not committed to her yet. So he had that problem from the start.

So a more specific question. When's the first time he made a compromise for her while they're in a relationship?

Wait, hold on, when's every time they have an official relationship? No more rooftop chase, but actual boyfriend and girlfriend? I remember Earth-2, Hush, and King, that's it. Are there others?

Oh right, they're almost dating in the Pre to Post Crisis transition when Jason Todd was Robin.
    also the earliest comics showed that Selina was also romantically attracted to Batman

In Batman #3 (December 1940), Batman saved Catwoman's life, she kisses Batman, and she escapes from him.

Batman says: "Well, Cat. I'm sorry, but I guess you got to go to the police too."

The Cat says: "It doesn't matter! You saved my life! I'd like to thank you for that! Like this! "

Cat kisses Batman. Suddenly with a swift surprising movement, the Cat shoves the Batman back, whisks out of the house and slams the door.

The last page of Batman #3 ends with Cat driving alone in her car, The Cat says: "I sort of wish the Batman was driving the car and I was sitting beside him and we were just another boy and girl out for a ride on a moonlight night. That would be sort of nice."

In that issue, it's first shown that Cat is actually romantically attracted to Batman. The earlier scenes showed that the kiss may have been a diversion and not out of feelings for Batman. The last part of the comic shows talking about Batman in a romantic type way which reveals that she has romantic feelings for Batman.

Detective Comics #369 - The end of the issue shows Selina reading the paper about the new Bat-Girl. She says "She has her nerve trying to cut herself in on my man. I've known Batman a lot longer than that Jill-come-lately. If he belongs to anybody, he belongs to Catwoman." In her mind, Batman is her boyfriend. She obviously is in love with Batman and is very possessive of him.

and that continued in Batman #197 - Selina/Catwoman puts on a green costume for the first time. She competes with Batgirl for Batman's love by being a crimefighter too, making Batgirl look bad.

Batman #197 (December 1967)

The comic where Catwoman becomes a crimefighter to compete with Batgirl for Batman's love. She made Batgirl look bad as crimefighter, and it discouraged Batgirl to stop for a little bit.

Catwoman says: "Made up your mind yet, Batman? When are you going to ask me to join you in crook-catching --- and in wedlock?"

Batman says: "I'm quite satisfied with the way things are right now, Catwoman."

Catwoman thinking: "How do you like that! He's aloof --- and I'm in love! Here I go and eliminate Batgirl --- and all he can say is --- he's satisfied! Well, he may be satisfied --- but I'm not! Oooh! That man makes me so mad --- I feel like going back to cat crimes again! But I'll give him one more chance! Since I'm a woman in love --- I'd rather be with the man I love! If he won't make the first move --- I've got to stop being coy --- I'll ask Batman to marry me! If he refuses --- ahh, he won't refuse, not when confronted with the choice I'm going to give him!"

Batman says to Robin that Catwoman is in love with him (Batman). Robin responds that everyone has known that except him (Batman). She wants Batman to marry her and she even sets a trap for him and wants to get him to marry her. Batgirl told Catwoman that she wasn't even romantically interested in Batman. Catwoman was jealous and competed with Batgirl for nothing.

It's obvious the writers wrote Catwoman is in love with Batman, and that any flirting,teasing,and trying to get him on her side was actually in connection to her genuine feelings for Batman and not just some mind games with her not having feelings for him at all.

the earliest comics showed Catwoman had some good in her
    Batman #2
    She didn't want the Joker to poison Robin to death. She gave him the jewels to save Robin.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Its not just Gordon. Batman appears at the crime scenes to investigate. He is a member of the Justice League. He has built a good reputation as a hero. You have wacky logic.

To be honest, i find it funny that Harley sits in the hall of Justice before Catwoman.
    You can give your alternative viewpoints to people without attacking others and telling them that they have wacky logic.
    It makes you come off a like condescending know-it-all.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bruce does have a tendency to tell Selina to "put it back" .
    like their last exchange in the Gotham TV show
    hahahaha

Mighty Member

Yeah it's in Japan, they're trying to recruit Jiro, but I haven't read it. I only saw the giant octopus in the preview.
    but she didn't hijack the mission and there was no heist planned
    there was stuff that was lost, and Selina acted disappointed which gave the impression that she wanted it and alluded to her criminal tendencies not going away

Mighty Member

This is how I always see Batman anyway. He HIMSELF is an outlaw, breaking the law every single night for the "greater good," right? And yet he won't forgive her for being a jewel thief? That's weak. I don't think it makes sense either, because she's been more heroic than villainous for decades now. Talia is a different story, because she kills but Catwoman's crimes should hardly be a dealbreaker. They're a perfect match really.

yeah
    taking the law into your own hands is against the law
    vigilantism doesn't work in the real world

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

This is how I always see Batman anyway. He HIMSELF is an outlaw, breaking the law every single night for the "greater good," right?
    This is canon. Batman said it to Jason Todd when he asked why he still wanna work with an outlaw like him (the title of the comic being Red Hood and The Outlaw). Because he himself breaks the law. Breaking and entering, illegal crime scene investigation, straight up stealing evidence from the GCPD, and so on.

That said the goal is to attain justice in an environment that doesn't support it, not stealing for thrill and the fun of it, which is about selfish desire.

But if Catwoman fights crime and protect people, then they're on the same side and same moral ground

BANNED

But if Catwoman fights crime and protect people, then they're on the same side and same moral ground
    What about the times where he works with killers then? Like letting Ghostmaker off after the guy having killed a lot of criminals?

Extraordinary Member

Batman’s aspect as an outlaw seeking justice or unofficial law enforcement officer has varied from being hunted by the GCPD when they’re in full-on corrupt authoritarian enforces of the corrupt status quo to an officially deputized member approved by the local government (as insane as that is).

Either way, it often makes sense for him to have a more ambiguous approach towards Selina even when she’s an openly avaricious thief - given how many bigger fish he has to fry, she tends to only become his target when her actions specifically impede his greater plans. However, there’s also been a few times where he’s shown to catch on to their goals being aligned and easily recruit her even when she’s in full thief mode:

- In Knightsend, he just points out she wants someone alive and will help him even though she tries complaining, and gets her aid.
    - In Heat*, as soon as she expresses disgust and anger at Catman slaughtering women, he’s open to an alliance.
    - In Contagion, he knows he can hire her to help find the cure.
    - In No Man’s Land, he also knows he can hire her to help save Gotham’s records.

And all that’s from the smilingly smug thief version from her first Solo series/incarnation.

*By the by, any of you guys ever read Heat form Legends of the Dark Knight? It’s a very grindhouse-feeling story.
    Last edited by godisawesome; 03-01-2021 at 03:31 PM.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What about the times where he works with killers then? Like letting Ghostmaker off after the guy having killed a lot of criminals?
    The legal term would be 'accessory' I guess and should be arrested... but since Batman can't/don't wanna arrest Ghost-Maker and ends up working with him too, looks like he's skipping that
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 02-28-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Batman’s aspect as an outlaw seeking justice or unofficial law enforcement officer has varied from being hunted by the GCPD when they’re in full-on corrupt authoritarian enforces of the corrupt status quo to an officially deputized member approved by the local government (as insane as that is).

Either way, it often makes sense for him to have a more ambiguous approach towards Selina even when she’s an openly avaricious thief - given how many bigger fish he has to fry, she tends to only become his target when her actions specifically impede his greater plans. However, there’s also been a few times where he’s shown to catch on to their goals being aligned and easily recruit her even when she’s in full thief mode:

- In Knightsend, he just points out she wants someone alive and will help him even though she tries complaining, and gets her aid.
    - In Heat*, as soon as she expresses disgust and anger at Catwoman slaughtering women, he’s open to an alliance.
    - In Contagion, he knows he can hire her to help find the cure.
    - In No Man’s Land, he also knows he can hire her to help save Gotham’s records.

And all that’s from the smilingly smug thief version from her first Solo series/incarnation.

*By the by, any of you guys ever read Heat form Legends of the Dark Knight? It’s a very grindhouse-feeling story.

- In Heat*, as soon as she expresses disgust and anger at Catwoman slaughtering women, he’s open to an alliance.

is this canon???

Why was Selina killing women???

I thought she wasn't the type that didn't kill until she killed Black Mask in the 2000s Catwoman series

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post

is this canon???

Why was Selina killing women???

I thought she wasn't the type that didn't kill until she killed Black Mask in the 2000s Catwoman series
    Shoot.

Cat*man*. Not Catwoman.

It was a one-off version of Thomas Blake that never appeared again. I’m going to try fixing that now...
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    This is one of the reasons why people cant take Black Mask as a credible villain as he used to be and why a crime fighting Catwoman doesnt work. When you have Catwoman beat up Batman's villains, it only lowers their credibility as a threat to Batman. Not too long ago they used Black Mask as a villain against Red Hood and now Harley Quinn. Black Mask has become a Batfam villain lol.
    Last edited by prepmaster; 03-01-2021 at 10:56 PM.