Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I use to dislike this costume but after seeing in it action on B:TB&TB I have grown to like it.

catwoman69.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I use to dislike this costume but after seeing in it action on B:TB&TB I have grown to like it.

catwoman69.jpg
    It makes an impression .

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Her last appearance .

Extraordinary Member

It’s funny that that’s the only show I know of where someone actually did the classic “chained heat” idea and had them handcuffed together...

...I almost feel that kind of setup is too deliciously comedic/sultry to only be sued once. Someone should write a rookie Batman/Catwoman adventure and just go to town with neither of them being able to pick the cuffs for at least half the adventure, with the inevitable flirting/fighting getting out of hand.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Her last appearance .
    Best animated Catwoman though.

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. IV (June 1985)

Extraordinary Member

Best animated Catwoman though.
    I remember being a bit startled by the creativity and awesome hook of her stealing Batman’s belt and gadgets in her first appearance there, then just playing around with it to figure out how it worked. It really emphasized how resourceful and hard working she was as a thief, and to be honest, it felt like someone took the best of the old 90’s Catwoman comic (the clever heist part rather than the cheesecake part) and perfected it.

...Plus, the idea of Catwoman having a few “trophies” she’s taken from Batman is an appealingly hilarious idea for both her as a villain and a love interest.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    I remember being a bit startled by the creativity and awesome hook of her stealing Batman’s belt and gadgets in her first appearance there, then just playing around with it to figure out how it worked. It really emphasized how resourceful and hard working she was as a thief, and to be honest, it felt like someone took the best of the old 90’s Catwoman comic (the clever heist part rather than the cheesecake part) and perfected it.

...Plus, the idea of Catwoman having a few “trophies” she’s taken from Batman is an appealingly hilarious idea for both her as a villain and a love interest.
    Yeah, that episode where she gets his belt was one of the first Batman things I ever watched so it left quite an impression on me.

Plus she rocked it well.

Becky Cloonan

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yeah, that episode where she gets his belt was one of the first Batman things I ever watched so it left quite an impression on me.

Plus she rocked it well.

Okay why did they give her that stupidly huge cat ears when this is what she looks like under it? She's rocking that Julie Newmar look, just give her a mask.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay why did they give her that stupidly huge cat ears when this is what she looks like under it? She's rocking that Julie Newmar look, just give her a mask.
    There’s different preferences for Catwoman’s mask - I myself and others prefer her cowl, though I further prefer her hair coming out of it like from the 70-90s.

I tend to just be mildly anti-domino mask, period, though. I’m okay with them on the current Robin and Nightwing. But otherwise, I think they’re just both a lazy design choice and mildly stupid one given how unconvincing they usually are as disguises. Tim’s Red Robin ID worked with a cowl, while the same ID and the Drake one are worthless when it’s got a domino makes again. Babs has no reason to wear a domino mask at all, nor does Cass or Steph. Jason’s lucky that even his more dubious creative teams have refused to be so simplistic and basic. One of my complaints about TDKR’s Catwoman (even though I still like the character) is the simplicity of her mask and ears.

I’ll also admit I actually liked The Batman's design for her, given the design style of the show. This is the same show that gives Bruce the world’s most awkward chin and cheek bones for a season or two, and tried “straight jacket Sonic” Joker. Her overall ensemble in the show was actually pretty sleek.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    A cowl covering up her hair and goggles obscuring her eyes better hide her identity.

I do like Selina with longer hair...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A cowl covering up her hair and goggles obscuring her eyes better hide her identity.

I do like Selina with longer hair...
    Again, it’s still impractical to have hair coming through the cowl... but it’s a time honored tradition in comics as well.

Heck, when I talk about the 90’s Catwoman costume I still find myself thinking “Purple suit with hair = good stuff” and “purple suit without hair = bad stuff.”

Kate using a wig in costume has also made me fond of the idea of someone having Selina doing something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Again, it’s still impractical to have hair coming through the cowl... but it’s a time honored tradition in comics as well.

Heck, when I talk about the 90’s Catwoman costume I still find myself thinking “Purple suit with hair = good stuff” and “purple suit without hair = bad stuff.”

Kate using a wig in costume has also made me fond of the idea of someone having Selina doing something similar.
    Well, it's either the hair peeks through the cowl or the hair gets compressed with the cowl. Catwoman's had both examples .

It was kind of surreal for me seeing pixie cut Selina with the purple dress during Joelle Jones' run.