Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    He still owes her a dinner for that event...

Extraordinary Member

Selina using flirtatious bravado is the thing that I feel King sometimes didn’t quite nail down perfectly in his dialogue between Batman and Catwoman. Though I think that might be because he was leaning into the more somewhat straight-laced and vaguely melodramatic Bronze-Age style writing between them.

King’s approach to them is actually pretty Doug Moench in style; read the way he had them interact whenever he got the chance, and there’s a very “We are naturally drawn to each other as creatures of the night!” thing going on rather than flirting.

Though Moench’s “Heat” story in Legends of the Dark Knight is actually pretty good, mostly because he actually used a more interesting s et-up for their interactions that embraced the trust issues and divergent interests they had.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Selina using flirtatious bravado is the thing that I feel King sometimes didn’t quite nail down perfectly in his dialogue between Batman and Catwoman. Though I think that might be because he was leaning into the more somewhat straight-laced and vaguely melodramatic Bronze-Age style writing between them.

King’s approach to them is actually pretty Doug Moench in style; read the way he had them interact whenever he got the chance, and there’s a very “We are naturally drawn to each other as creatures of the night!” thing going on rather than flirting.

Though Moench’s “Heat” story in Legends of the Dark Knight is actually pretty good, mostly because he actually used a more interesting s et-up for their interactions that embraced the trust issues and divergent interests they had.
    The most I remember about King's dialogue is cliche couple talk and "Bat, Cat, Bat, Cat" ad nauseam.

Speaking of Bat Cat here's a sneak peak for #4

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The most I remember about King's dialogue is cliche couple talk and "Bat, Cat, Bat, Cat" ad nauseam.
    The thing that makes it seem “cliche”, to me at least, is that it seems to lack the snap and energy on Selina’s side, and the quiet mix of stoicism and snark on Bruce’s side. Don’t get me wrong, there’s more types of chemistry they can have than that, but it’s chemistry that makes them interesting and King’s writing for them seemed very prosaic at times. Even Paul Dini had modified the ways he wrote about them when he took over the comics, instead dof pursuing the more straightforward tac from the DCAU (though that universe had moved a bit by Cult of the Cat.)

Like, if your going to have them debate when they met, Selina should be making a few humorous anecdotes about things that have an inherent humor to them, like him letting her get away (Batman #1), or about his low budget “street” disguise (Batman: Year One), and Bruce should maybe make some observations about her that start out simply subjective, than have some dry observations later.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Nice to see them all together like this .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Nice to see them all together like this .
    By the way, when was that from?
    I thought Eartha Kitt passed away around ten years or so ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    By the way, when was that from?
    I thought Eartha Kitt passed away around ten years or so ago.
    I would assume a convention.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Is the Blake Northcott Catwoman 2 parter officially a part of the Murphyverse? It was horrrrrrrrriiiiiiiibbbbbbbblllllllllleeeeeeee.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

I believe not. I don't even remember what happened in that story. She went to an island where a supercokehead was doing something? An auction?

I believe art was good.

Gotham version really stands out by comparison.

TNBA Catwoman looks so depressed .