Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Steel was pretty prominent in the Infinite Frontier Superman family promo, so hopefully there’s a storyline coming up where he’s heavily featured. Mongul was also in the image and he’s been appearing a lot lately. Hopefully that’s a sign of things to come for John Henry.

I would love to see his relationship with Lana Lang rekindled.
    Phillip plays coy when people ask him about steel and like you said, he was on the teaser art. I think he's either going to get a solo mini series like Supergirl or he may just play a part in Action Comics.

And I agree about Lana, I'm surprised she didn't mention steel at all when she showed up during Bendis run.

Steel has a lot of Iron Man in him with his origin as a weapons manufacturer that basically had a come to Jesus moment after being saved by Clark. So my way of differentiating him from Clark is this: When he’s suited up as Steel, Irons is kind, courteous, and polite if a little cold and analytical. But out of the suit Irons “public identity” is that he’s a hardcore partyer, with people thinking Lana is just a trophy wife. It’s really only with Lana, or Natasha, or Clark that Irons can be himself: Someone who firmly believes he can save the world and has the brains to back that up, while also harboring both a guilt complex over the lives his weapons have taken, and a Messiah Complex that pushes him to try to “solve everything”. SuperIron Man essentially. Dream would be to see Priest come back and take another stab at him, he mentioned on his blog he loved writing him and thought Steel was even better than Panther. Plus he’s talked about how much he wants to write Tony Stark Iron Man but I doubt Marvel will ever let him do it, so DC should have him use his ideas for Tony on Irons instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Phillip plays coy when people ask him about steel and like you said, he was on the teaser art. I think he's either going to get a solo mini series like Supergirl or he may just play a part in Action Comics.

And I agree about Lana, I'm surprised she didn't mention steel at all when she showed up during Bendis run.
    Given that PKJ has reconfirmed that the Superevent in Sept is separate from Morrison S&tA, I’m going to keep hoping John is a part of that event and he’ll get a mini or something spinning out of said event.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Steel is a self made superman, and he deals with extraordinary things, but he keeps the "just a man" approach, while doing it and overcomes the odds.
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Steel is a self made superman, and he deals with extraordinary things, but he keeps the "just a man" approach, while doing it and overcomes the odds.
    This, but he's also the Anti-Lex Luthor. He's a man of means who uses his vast resources for good. Part of what I like about Steel is he's Clark's mission incarnate: he's the man inspired to do good by the example of others in his community. He's a human who refuses to surrender to pettiness. He's proof that tomorrow can be bright.

If Nightwing is the median between Batman and Superman, Steel is the best of Clark and Lex.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    This, but he's also the Anti-Lex Luthor. He's a man of means who uses his vast resources for good. Part of what I like about Steel is he's Clark's mission incarnate: he's the man inspired to do good by the example of others in his community. He's a human who refuses to surrender to pettiness. He's proof that tomorrow can be bright.

If Nightwing is the median between Batman and Superman, Steel is the best of Clark and Lex.
    100% man. Irons is a positive example of Superman’s ability to inspire, which is why I wished he was used more. He fills a very cool role in the DCU, an example of someone who was positively impacted by superheroes in a way that shows why they’re a good thing, beyond just the immediate saving of lives. Then he puts in the work to become a hero to others himself.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Awesome. Love when these two get together to knock some sense into people.

I wish Christopher Priest's run could get adapted into animation. Also that he were a writer of the solo series again. With his distaste at being pigeonholed, however, he'd likely only be interested if it were Superman with Steel as a guest presence (or, even an ongoing team-up title with both of them, for a change of pace).

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wish Christopher Priest's run could get adapted into animation. Also that he were a writer of the solo series again. With his distaste at being pigeonholed, however, he'd likely only be interested if it were Superman with Steel as a guest presence (or, even an ongoing team-up title with both of them, for a change of pace).
    He did say on his blog that he loved writing Steel, so who knows? He might come back for a mini or something. Would be nice to get a story from him for Steel’s anniversary or what not.

What do you guys think of Steel and the Metal Men being put together as a team? I feel like it could be a cool combination.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    What do you guys think of Steel and the Metal Men being put together as a team? I feel like it could be a cool combination.
    Interesting idea? I'd like to see Steel reintgrate himself into the Superman family books or get his own solo story first though.

wild. Might as well give it a try. Natasha, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Steel has a lot of Iron Man in him with his origin as a weapons manufacturer that basically had a come to Jesus moment after being saved by Clark. So my way of differentiating him from Clark is this: When he’s suited up as Steel, Irons is kind, courteous, and polite if a little cold and analytical. But out of the suit Irons “public identity” is that he’s a hardcore partyer, with people thinking Lana is just a trophy wife. It’s really only with Lana, or Natasha, or Clark that Irons can be himself: Someone who firmly believes he can save the world and has the brains to back that up, while also harboring both a guilt complex over the lives his weapons have taken, and a Messiah Complex that pushes him to try to “solve everything”. SuperIron Man essentially. Dream would be to see Priest come back and take another stab at him, he mentioned on his blog he loved writing him and thought Steel was even better than Panther. Plus he’s talked about how much he wants to write Tony Stark Iron Man but I doubt Marvel will ever let him do it, so DC should have him use his ideas for Tony on Irons instead.

Given that PKJ has reconfirmed that the Superevent in Sept is separate from Morrison S&tA, I’m going to keep hoping John is a part of that event and he’ll get a mini or something spinning out of said event.
    My take would be to turn him into a working class Iron Man. He is the genius who comes up with all the ideas and inventions which his bosses take credit for and leave him for dead. Unlike with Stark villains, Steel wouldn't be villainized for his attempts to gain credit and compensation for his work but it results in him being left for dead by his bosses in a foreign country and in a situation where they thought he would die for sure.

My Steel would be a blending of the best aspects of John Henry, Superman and Lex Luthor. Like Superman he sees the best in people and want to bring that out, like Lex Luthor he believes in the human potential to achieve and he readily admits that Superman's presence does push him to try harder to prove himself and just like John Henry he pushes himself to the limit to prove himself capable overcoming great odds.

I mean I argued his niece should steal the name "Alloy" from them when they merge so it's crossed my mind a time or twelve.

Irons cameo’d in the backups of Superman today (literally on the last page only though).