Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Irons cameo’d in the backups of Superman today (literally on the last page only though).

2 in a row for Steel. I think he had some crack about Ambush Bug and his antics in the previous issue.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Well, today was certainly an interesting one for Steel I hear! God I’m going insane having to wait until later for S&L to hit the CW app.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Gee, I wonder why this thread is getting more attention!
    Assassinate Putin!

Astonishing Member

Well, that sure was a twist I did not see coming despite some speculation just last week, lol.

Hilarious how all of a sudden all of these Superman bits start to show up again after 20 years: The first live action Superman TV show since the 90s, the first Superman cartoon since the 90s, and now the first damn live action John Henry Irons since the 90s!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Steel? In live action? JSA coming back?

I must have only one wish left!

I hope he gets a proper suit on the show!

I hope he gets a proper suit on the show!

I want it, but I wonder if the budget will allow it.

Steel doesn't look right to me without rivets all over. There's something charming in how tangible his suit looks and the usual CGI nanotech stuff would just not feel like Steel to me.

It totally works for Natasha (and why I'd call her Alloy) but not as much John.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I want it, but I wonder if the budget will allow it.

Steel doesn't look right to me without rivets all over. There's something charming in how tangible his suit looks and the usual CGI nanotech stuff would just not feel like Steel to me.

It totally works for Natasha (and why I'd call her Alloy) but not as much John.
    S.T.R.I.P.E.S. Over on Stargirl looks pretty damn good, if S&L has a comparable budget I think they could pull it off. I really liked the DCAMU design:

The blue eyes especially were cool. The rivets are a great aesthetic you’re right, they help him feel like a “blue collar Iron Man”, although I admit I’d actually like to see a nanotech Steel down the line

S.T.R.I.P.E.S. Over on Stargirl looks pretty damn good, if S&L has a comparable budget I think they could pull it off. I really liked the DCAMU design:

The blue eyes especially were cool. The rivets are a great aesthetic you’re right, they help him feel like a “blue collar Iron Man”, although I admit I’d actually like to see a nanotech Steel down the line
    That is a great model for him to be sure.

My budget concerns are primarily that the show has to make Superman and his son's look good and that's already expensive. Giving a supporting character a big suit that requires lots of special effects might be a bridge too far.

I would absolutely love to be wrong, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That is a great model for him to be sure.

My budget concerns are primarily that the show has to make Superman and his son's look good and that's already expensive. Giving a supporting character a big suit that requires lots of special effects might be a bridge too far.

I would absolutely love to be wrong, though.
    considering how much money they spend on Martian Manhunter and other things this should be fine
    The J-man

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    considering how much money they spend on Martian Manhunter and other things this should be fine
    A valid point.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    lol, it's basically the same plot twist Supergirl did with J'onn. He was originally supposed to be Hank Henshaw, aka Cyborg Superman, who debuted at the same time as Steel!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I love the hammer, you gotta love the hammer, I'm actually proud of the CW for this one.

Now for his niece natasha.... Whoops his daughter, wth is up with her?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.