Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    I love the hammer, you gotta love the hammer, I'm actually proud of the CW for this one.

Now for his niece natasha.... Whoops his daughter, wth is up with her?
    She has to show up again down the line, maybe Clark saving her is what will convince Irons to trust him.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Yep, she's most definitely not dead. If she were, I don't see any way John would ever trust any version of Superman, so he'd be 100% an antagonist in this show, and he's just far too sympathetic to be that.

Nice to see our guy (finally) getting some live-action love. That is all.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I love the S&L idea of John’s hammer being powered by kinetic force, also that from a certain distance it can hit as hard as Superman can
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I love the S&L idea of John’s hammer being powered by kinetic force, also that from a certain distance it can hit as hard as Superman can
    Agreed, that was a nice bit of lore they incorporated.
    Last edited by Celgress; 05-26-2021 at 08:27 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

They used the idea for his hammer right form the comics, which I was happy about, it gives him a fighting chance, judt need the traditional Steel suit now.

Jon and Jordan have a half sister one alternate reality away lol. Now that should bring some crazy drama into the show lol
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member

She has to show up again down the line, maybe Clark saving her is what will convince Irons to trust him.
    I actually hope this happens now.

I love this, it helps even things out when facing big threats.
    Last edited by rpmaluki; 05-26-2021 at 11:31 PM.

As a kid reading Reign of the Supermen for the first time, part of what made Steel cool was the hammer. Other than Thor I can’t think of another hero who has that as their main weapon, and Thor wasn’t on my radar at all back then. Glad they made sure he had it in the show and expanded on why he has it:

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Loved his line in the episode, "I'm a builder." My conditioned response to that was an enthusiastic and approving head nod.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Nice to see our guy (finally) getting some live-action love. That is all.
    Glad we got a great portrayal this time, compared to what we got in the '90s lol.
    Now we need a new comic focusing on John, the last time I saw him was in Generations forged.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Glad we got a great portrayal this time, compared to what we got in the '90s lol.
    Now we need a new comic focusing on John, the last time I saw him was in Generations forged.
    Natasha has Superman & the Authority, I continue to hope that PKJ teasing something in the works for John Henry Irons (and that promo image for the Infinite Frontier era of Superman which has Irons in the front), means he has a solo or a mini or even a backup story coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    Yep, she's most definitely not dead. If she were, I don't see any way John would ever trust any version of Superman, so he'd be 100% an antagonist in this show, and he's just far too sympathetic to be that.
    I think it's more likely that there's an Earth-1 version of her than that she survived Crisis like he did.

I think it would just complicate things too much for the both of them to be on Earth-1 and on the same Earth as the Kents.

Mighty Member

You know, I was just thinking how Steel was the “bizarro” Luthor in the fact that he’s a genius who uses technology but instead of seeing Superman as the ultimate obstacle, sees him as the ultimate inspiration. While they kind of melded the hatred of Superman in the most recent live action version, I definitely don’t think that they’ll keep him that way. I’m REALLY excited to see where they take him...

Also...has Steel ever known that Superman and Clark are one in the same in comics at all? I’m trying to look through to find a confirmation, but I’m at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    You know, I was just thinking how Steel was the “bizarro” Luthor in the fact that he’s a genius who uses technology but instead of seeing Superman as the ultimate obstacle, sees him as the ultimate inspiration. While they kind of melded the hatred of Superman in the most recent live action version, I definitely don’t think that they’ll keep him that way. I’m REALLY excited to see where they take him...

Also...has Steel ever known that Superman and Clark are one in the same in comics at all? I’m trying to look through to find a confirmation, but I’m at a loss.
    I feel like New 52 did, but I might be thinking of circa-Truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like New 52 did, but I might be thinking of circa-Truth.
    New 52 did because of Truth I think, and he obviously know now, but I do wish they had Clark confide his secret in John before he revealed it to everyone else.