Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's more likely that there's an Earth-1 version of her than that she survived Crisis like he did.

I think it would just complicate things too much for the both of them to be on Earth-1 and on the same Earth as the Kents.

Uh thsts what the CW does, they will eat that **** up, probably why they allowed him amd her on the show in the 1st place. Can you imagine lois and the boys have a daughter/sister
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As a kid reading Reign of the Supermen for the first time, part of what made Steel cool was the hammer. Other than Thor I can’t think of another hero who has that as their main weapon, and Thor wasn’t on my radar at all back then. Glad they made sure he had it in the show and expanded on why he has it:

Thanks to his namesake his hammer is already very different from Thor's in how he uses it and what it represents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Henry_(folklore)

What's interesting is that the folk tale of John Henry is about him battling against the steam engine for his fellow workers. He's standing up to corporate greed and ruthlessness. A hero for the common man, the working-class man. That story is a pushback against automatization at the expense of everyday workers. Whereas, John Henry Irons is embracing technology for the betterment of the populace. The Comic version feels very much like a logical progression for the modernization of that ethos. If I ever wrote a DC comic about Steel I'd craft a narrative around that premise.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Uh thsts what the CW does, they will eat that **** up, probably why they allowed him amd her on the show in the 1st place. Can you imagine lois and the boys have a daughter/sister
    I don't think the CW will do that just looking at the writers and showrunner. Not all CW shows are the same. The superhero ones tend to be a little different anyway.

If this was the Vampire Diaries or the Originals I feel you. Julie Plec has a habit of doing those exact storylines.
    The J-man

There’s definitely something to be mined in that the original John Henry fought against technology and won, yet died in the attempt, and John Henry Irons embraced technology to the extent it made him wealthy and able to fight alongside an all-powerful alien on equal footing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    They used the idea for his hammer right form the comics, which I was happy about, it gives him a fighting chance, judt need the traditional Steel suit now.

Jon and Jordan have a half sister one alternate reality away lol. Now that should bring some crazy drama into the show lol
    So question, would you be ok with them adding a cape to the suit he originally appeared in on the show or would a redesign be best?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    So question, would you be ok with them adding a cape to the suit he originally appeared in on the show or would a redesign be best?
    The original power armor was pretty cool, I really do like Steel having a “face” on his helmet though. So I’d prefer a new suit rather than simply adding a cape and the S-shield to his old one, but I’d still be ok if they took that route.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The original power armor was pretty cool, I really do like Steel having a “face” on his helmet though. So I’d prefer a new suit rather than simply adding a cape and the S-shield to his old one, but I’d still be ok if they took that route.
    Yeah, I'm kind of wondering if they could pull off the metal face.

I'm definitely eager to see what his "Steel" costume ends up looking like.

Also kind of funny to me that the episode revealing him as Steel comes the night after Black Lightning ended since Cress Williams also played John Henry in Death/Reign.

As close to the orignal as possible
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

if Steel has a cape I'd actually like it to be functional in some way
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    You don’t think the aesthetics of it justify a cape ? Given he’s in power armor, he doesn’t really need it to fly like how writers have tried to justify Batman’s cape. But he just looks barebones to me without it, same for the S-shield:

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    It's good aestheticly but I could definitely do without it.
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

You don’t think the aesthetics of it justify a cape ? Given he’s in power armor, he doesn’t really need it to fly like how writers have tried to justify Batman’s cape. But he just looks barebones to me without it, same for the S-shield:

Don't know if this is controversial but I liked the New 52 'S'

Don't know if this is controversial but I liked the New 52 'S'

I did too! I like that it “glowed” like something out of Tron.

I firmly believe all of the Superfamily members should have their own customized S-shields. Kenan has his Yin-Yang S-shield, Kara should stick with her New 52 shield, for Kon I like the idea of him wearing the Fleschier Shield, and Jon can either inherit his dad’s old one after Clark switches to the Kingdom Come shield or get his own. I do love Steel wearing the shield in “his” colors whatever the style.

I hope he doesn't stick with the Doomguy armor.

I don't mean he should use it to fly. I think that's dumb.

I mean it should have a purpose other than just aesthetics. I don't want him to just stick on a cape because he's fanboying. Make it useful. Have it be nanotech or wires that look like a cape which he can use to hack or interface with systems. Or, have it be some kind of movable material he can use as a pseudo shield or secondary weapon.

(Writer who takes this idea somewhere down the line. I want my credit lol)
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope he doesn't stick with the Doomguy armor.
    Same here, we need classic armor.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."