Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    I think Griot Shuri, Aneka and Ayo, and the force push will survive post-Coates. Everything else, not too sure.

Hopefully the MCU embraces the Griot elements of Shuri at some point. Crossing fingers!
    But that would require her not to be the new Black Panther (assuming T’Challa gets killed off), and that’s really gonna piss off the Twitter crowd. Lmao.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I think Griot Shuri, Aneka and Ayo, and the force push will survive post-Coates. Everything else, not too sure.

Hopefully the MCU embraces the Griot elements of Shuri at some point. Crossing fingers!
    that will definitely be nice. was not a fan of mcu shuri especially when compared to coates' version.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    But that would require her not to be the new Black Panther (assuming T’Challa gets killed off), and that’s really gonna piss off the Twitter crowd. Lmao.
    If so, oh well. Fact is, Shuri doesn't need to be the Black Panther to thrive as a character. She can become queen (assuming T'Challa is killed) and begin her Griot Arc and pass the mantle to someone else, which I suspect will happen. MCU fans forget that the throne and the BP mantle can be separate.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-18-2021 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    that will definitely be nice. was not a fan of mcu shuri especially when compared to coates' version.
    I do like MCU Shuri a lot, problem is the comics tried to turn Comics Shuri more into her MCU counterpart when she hasn't been a teenager in years. Not to mention, MCU Shuri will age sooner or later anyway, so the Comics version will be a factor somehow someway.

The comics should focus on its own stories instead of overly leaning on the MCU. The MCU should be looking for the comics for inspiration, not the other way around.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-18-2021 at 10:39 AM.

If so, oh well. Fact is, Shuri doesn't need to be the Black Panther to thrive as a character. She can become queen (assuming T'Challa is killed) and begin her Griot Arc and pass the mantle to someone else, which I suspect will happen. MCU fans forget that the throne and the BP mantle can be separate.
    In a perfect world, where Chadwick won his battle with cancer, there would be a movie titled “Black Panther and the Griot”.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

Astonishing Member

Why not both? So long as necromancy significantly drains her energy and stamina as she uses it (meaning she won't be using it much unless absolutely necessary), it should be fine. Both times she used it, she passed out.

The Shuri-merged is def needed, looking forward to how Ridley does it.
    I think that low-mid level necromancy should be a supplement of T’Challa’s powers as KOTD. Shuri can still have her character more steeped in spirituality and alchemy but I feel that necromancy should be T’Challa’s thing while she specializes more in synthesizing exotic energy/matter, transformation, and communing with ancestors. But I’m not that opposed to them sharing the ability as long as there are meaningful differences in how it works/the extent.

But I agree that hopefully Ridley makes the merger work. Maybe he’ll do a future interview where he goes a bit more into his ideas for the character and the wider world of Wakanda.

In a perfect world, where Chadwick won his battle with cancer, there would be a movie titled “Black Panther and the Griot”.
    Better yet after BP2 they would’ve done 2 D+ shows. World of Wakanda headlined by Okoye and M’Baku and Griot: The Ancient-Future featuring Shuri uncover her mystic powers.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I do like MCU Shuri a lot, problem is the comics tried to turn Comics Shuri more into her MCU counterpart when she hasn't been a teenager in years. Not to mention, MCU Shuri will age sooner or later anyway, so the Comics version will be a factor somehow someway.

The comics should focus on its own stories instead of overly leaning on the MCU. The MCU should be looking for the comics for inspiration, not the other way around.
    I thought she was a great comic relief in the movies which works for the Disney movies but I respected Shuri in Coates' era because she was wise and with that wisdom she proliferated knowledge, which was just any knowledge but the knowledge of Wakanda's history. I agree its fine to take elements from MCU but silly Shuri loses every time against Griot Shuri.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

If Shuri were to be given a love interest how would you like them to be like?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda

A Wakandan or Eden (there’s some history there) works for me. As long as it gets lots of development.

BP #1 variant
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post

BP #1 variant
    Nice! I found the (mostly) lettered cover.

https://unknowncomicbooks.com/collec...var-08-04-2021

$15 though, holy crap

Ultimate Member

$15 though, holy crap
    If you HUNT hard enough you can find a cheaper copy.

That cost is what the store or Diamond is wanting for it.

That is cheap compared to what some of the Miles Morales recent ones (that we learn about way later) or Static Shock season 1 or Power Rangers are going for.

A Wakanda brother with Locs, he can be up comer in Wakanda HZ or army

$15 though, holy crap

How Shuri should look like, a beautiful grown WOMAN not a child/ shape/drawn build like a child or a grandma..
    Last edited by 4sake Baned; 07-03-2021 at 11:48 AM.

Major BP2 updates: https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-...ecret-history/

Both Wakanda and Atlantis are hidden civilizations with advanced technology and increased militaristic abilities that decided to separate themselves from the rest of the world for their own safety, and in a way, out of fear. Wakanda feared that their technology would be abused. Atlantis feared that surface dwellers would come and desecrate the mythical city just as they did so many years ago. And yet their fears escalate even further when these two once-hidden nations clash with each other. Wakanda and Atlantis have a shockingly intertwined history. Wakanda is the only county in the world with access to vibranium. However, rumors of its power spread throughout the world, and Namor's human father was sent searching for this rare material in Antartica…"
    Wakanda vs. Atlantis is certainly happening at this point, no doubt about it.