Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But if she's going to follow in her brother's footsteps, she actually going to open up Wakanda to the outside world even more.
    Her seeing value in some aspects of Wakandan traditions doesn’t mean she wouldn’t open up the country. Might not be the same way T’Challa would do it, but that would be because they are two different people.

If a griot arc happens it won’t be like the comics. I’d wager that she get some of the power set and learns lessons in Wakandan history. Griot Shuri wasn’t an isolationist in the comics so I doubt that would happen in the MCU.

Been looking for any BP2 updates and only rumors from "sources". Nothing confirmed via official sources or the trades obviously. Two rumors caught my attention:

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...er-rumor-leaks

Killmonger coming back potentially via multiverse? If they are gonna do that (again, just a rumor), why not go with a multiverse T'Challa then? Not impossible but I really doubt it. I see a cameo at best via flashback.

https://fandomwire.com/black-panther...led-exclusive/

Going with a version of the Doomwar plot isn't too farfetched, so I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happened.

Shuri being the BP? Prior to the twitter controversy, I would said yes, it'll happening. I'm not too sure now (hence the Shuri the Queen + Nakia the BP theory). Crazier things have happened, however.

Shuri fan art by Rafael Lima: https://www.instagram.com/p/CFQNPfTHoZd/

Last edited by Realdealholy; 01-20-2021 at 10:08 AM.

The Women of Marvel #1 cover, out this April.

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

Glad to see her on the cover and that she doesn’t look like a child in relation to the other characters

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Glad to see her on the cover and that she doesn’t look like a child in relation to the other characters
    Indeed. Never thought it was a good idea to de-age her just because of the movie. She was gonna be older in the MCU sooner or later (went from 16 to 18 from BP1 to Infinity War), so why not let the MCU catch up on that regard?

Safe to say she'll be older again in BP2, so what was the point of de-aging her and confusing comic book readers (both old and new)?

Indeed. Never thought it was a good idea to de-age her just because of the movie. She was gonna be older in the MCU sooner or later (went from 16 to 18 from BP1 to Infinity War), so why not let the MCU catch up on that regard?

Safe to say she'll be older again in BP2, so what was the point of de-aging her and confusing comic book readers (both old and new)?
    I don’t think there was ever a true long-term plan when they did that, seemly on the back end they gave her that mostly shitty done ongoing but I could be wrong on the last min plan part but ethier way it was awfully done.. Imo body type wise Shuri should be drawn similar to Tracee Ellis Ross Ashanti & or Keyshia Cole with Letitia face ( aslong shes Shuri live action actress) She’s be 28-29 by the time BP2 comes out..
    For a teen Wakanda rep they should used QDJ ( who not a teen in comics any more but fits that role better) or Asha or Kwezi Dzana & or A'di for that role..

Looks more like "The Women of Color In Marvel!", lol.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/black-p...ia-1234684707/

The BP spin-offs are finally happening. Very curious on whether/how often the BP supporting cast will be featured in these, including Shuri.

https://deadline.com/2021/02/black-p...ia-1234684707/

The BP spin-offs are finally happening. Very curious on whether/how often the BP supporting cast will be featured in these, including Shuri.
    I’m hoping they really expand the world building of Wakanda. They can go full Game of Thrones with this.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg

I don't play this game, but this suit is pretty dope

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    I’m hoping they really expand the world building of Wakanda. They can go full Game of Thrones with this.
    It's a long time coming too, there's lots to explore concerning Wakanda. I do wonder what influences they will lean on comic wise, the super majority of BP-books were obviously focused on T'Challa. Outside of Shuri's BP run, there has been little else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg

I don't play this game, but this suit is pretty dope
    Agreed, it looks pretty cool. Heard good things about the game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    you'll want to be here for this.

trust me.

Just read the King in Black tie-in. Great writing, great art, and great showings for all characters involved.

As for Shuri, I really liked:

spoilers:
    her performing alchemy. I’m of the opinion that the mystical elements of the Coates run and the tech elements from the MCU have to be blended together for Shuri at this point, rather than being all mystic (general public only knows Tech Shuri) or all tech (mystic Shuri showed up before tech Shuri, not to mention Shuri directly or indirectly dabbled with mysticism prior to the Coates run.

Happy to say that Geoffrey Thorne did an impressive job blending those elements of Shuri together.
    end of spoilers

Definitely worth the read, without a doubt.

Black Panther #24 variant cover by Jen Bartel.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-18-2021 at 09:33 AM.

Many wondered why Letitia Wright wasn't fired after her controversial tweets. We have an clearer answer now: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ar-gina-carano

Black Panther star Wright’s December tweets, which amplified a U.K. minister’s video that questioned the safety of the novel coronavirus vaccine and disparaged trans people, also garnered criticism, as did an August 2019 social media post from Mulan star Liu, who offered support of Hong Kong police during the government’s crackdown on pro-democracy protests. Sources say neither actress was talked to by Disney, which opted to let both matters blow over. (Wright deleted her Twitter account and Liu steered away from the subject in the months leading up to Mulan’s release).
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 02-17-2021 at 11:35 AM.