Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Were people really expecting Letitia to get fired for that? Like... it was dumb, but she was a ''first time offender'', as far as I know, and you could chalk it up to her being ignorant/gullible about the subject. She apologized and then stayed out trouble shortly after, so it wasn't really anything to get fired over. By the time Black Panther 2 comes out, I doubt anyone will even be talking about it.

As I said in another thread, Wright was smart enough to at least realize she had a lot to lose and decided to get off is social media before she made things worse. Unlike Gina Carano who kept poking the bear.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Were people really expecting Letitia to get fired for that? Like... it was dumb, but she was a ''first time offender'', as far as I know, and you could chalk it up to her being ignorant/gullible about the subject. She apologized and then stayed out trouble shortly after, so it wasn't really anything to get fired over. By the time Black Panther 2 comes out, I doubt anyone will even be talking about it.
    Didn’t expect her to be fired being that it was the first time she said such statement and promptly left social media, but expected Disney to contact her at some point. Didn’t happen, to my surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    As I said in another thread, Wright was smart enough to at least realize she had a lot to lose and decided to get off is social media before she made things worse. Unlike Gina Carano who kept poking the bear.
    I’ve never seen someone self-destruct their career like Gina Carano. That was a one-of-a-kind blow up, one for the ages.

Yup, Wright made the right choice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

All-New Member

https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/new...mpression=true

Looks like Ryan Coogler might be done with the script if actors are talking about exciting new story plans.
    Last edited by Jojo; 03-03-2021 at 11:33 PM.

Love Shuri & would love to see her carry the mantle of Black Panther.
    Or at least wear her an awesome Black Panther suit in BP2.

Letitia Wright needs a good PR person.
    She seems to be a good person and just misinformed.
    Specially with all the BS miss/diss-information running around, its easy to be fooled if your not wary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    https://comicbook.com/movies/amp/new...mpression=true

Looks like Ryan Coogler might be done with the script if actors are talking about exciting new story plans.
    Yup. The ball is rolling. This casting rumor I saw lines up with a theory I had a while back:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ma...ack-panther-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Pumbaa View Post
    Could Tenoch Huerta be playing Namor in BP2?

I’ve seen rumors that Atlantis/Lemuria will sink in the Eternals. And there’s set photos from Eternals showing an Aztec city set. If Atlantis is a sunken South American city then the Atlanteans could be people of Latin descent and Tenoch could fit. His look is pretty different from the comics but I think he could pull it off. He was great in Narcos.

Big Black Panther news: new comic book run penned by John Ridley!

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/18/a...hn-ridley.html

Also noticed that Shuri is back in her Griot outfit. Strictly for the cover or something we'll see more of?

Either way, can't wait to pick this up

EDIT: This is a superb cover, Alex Ross does it again.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 05-18-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post

Also noticed that Shuri is back in her Griot outfit. Strictly for the cover or something we'll see more of?

If Ridley continues with the Griot direction I’d be happy if he took a similar approach to Thorne where it’s more alchemical and study-based applications of Wakandan spirituality as opposed to necromancy.

Really excited for what gets done with Shuri in this era because I think they’re slowly finding a way to merge her longstanding warrior queen aspects with her newfound skills in magitech and invention. Ridley has a big opportunity to straighten things out while laying the foundation for a spin-off (assuming that’s somewhere in the plans).

Incredible Member

Griot Shuri fits her tbh I'll give Coates credit for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Same. Really gives Shuri her own unique identity in the mythos.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

can I just say I'm so happy that the Griot Shuri is here and not the MCU lite version that was highlighted in her solo. Shuri deserves this and im here for it!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    If Ridley continues with the Griot direction I’d be happy if he took a similar approach to Thorne where it’s more alchemical and study-based applications of Wakandan spirituality as opposed to necromancy.

Really excited for what gets done with Shuri in this era because I think they’re slowly finding a way to merge her longstanding warrior queen aspects with her newfound skills in magitech and invention. Ridley has a big opportunity to straighten things out while laying the foundation for a spin-off (assuming that’s somewhere in the plans).
    Why not both? So long as necromancy significantly drains her energy and stamina as she uses it (meaning she won't be using it much unless absolutely necessary), it should be fine. Both times she used it, she passed out.

The Shuri-merged is def needed, looking forward to how Ridley does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dariel81 View Post
    Same. Really gives Shuri her own unique identity in the mythos.
    I think Griot Shuri, Aneka and Ayo, and the force push will survive post-Coates. Everything else, not too sure.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    can I just say I'm so happy that the Griot Shuri is here and not the MCU lite version that was highlighted in her solo. Shuri deserves this and im here for it!!!
    Hopefully the MCU embraces the Griot elements of Shuri at some point. Crossing fingers!