Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not having had a chance to get to the comic book shop yet (and not sure how soon I'll be able to make it at present), I have no idea what / how that person was referenced in the story or who that is. It's not a name I remember hearing in the past offhand, and in an on-line search I found this reference in a review:
    https://dccomicsnews.com/2021/05/25/...eak-special-1/
    Well I can give some context but I’ll put it in a spoiler box. All I will say is I’m pretty sure it will be a part of the upcoming Stargirl series announced at the end of this.

spoilers:
    Wing is apparently not dead and trapped on some island running, he is speaking to Secret of Young Justice and some kid named Danny I can’t make out and they say they can’t leave Judy Garrick behind. Stargirl then gets a prophecy saying “The Childminder is coming. The Lost Sons. The Lost Daughters. The Children need to be free.”
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I wonder if she's a new character the Stargirl show will be introducing, who then gets brought over to the comics? The show and comic have the same writer after all.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wonder if she's a new character the Stargirl show will be introducing, who then gets brought over to the comics? The show and comic have the same writer after all.
    I mean my brain when it came to the Stargirl show would be to reintroduce the Flash version of Jesse Quick, but the lost daughter(?) of Jay Garrick would be something huh.

Also I guess now we wait and see if the Garrick family has finally grown.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I mean my brain when it came to the Stargirl show would be to reintroduce the Flash version of Jesse Quick, but the lost daughter(?) of Jay Garrick would be something huh.

Also I guess now we wait and see if the Garrick family has finally grown.
    I thought Joan being barren and them pseudo adopting Bart was beautiful. I don't see why they need to give Jay and Joan a birth daughter. Adopted I can dig, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I thought Joan being barren and them pseudo adopting Bart was beautiful. I don't see why they need to give Jay and Joan a birth daughter. Adopted I can dig, though.
    Yeah I agree, that’s why I find it odd that the same writer who came up with that is now writing a story with a lost child with the last name Garrick. No context for it at all besides Stargirl has to free the lost children.
    Words to live by.

Yeah, kind of wondering how this will work.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well I can give some context but I’ll put it in a spoiler box. All I will say is I’m pretty sure it will be a part of the upcoming Stargirl series announced at the end of this.

spoilers:
    Wing is apparently not dead and trapped on some island running, he is speaking to Secret of Young Justice and some kid named Danny I can’t make out and they say they can’t leave Judy Garrick behind. Stargirl then gets a prophecy saying “The Childminder is coming. The Lost Sons. The Lost Daughters. The Children need to be free.”
    end of spoilers
    I think it’s Dan the Dynamite. The sidekick of TNT.

from JSA Secret Files #1 (August 1999)

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

FLASH COMICS WHEATIES Giveaway Comic.

FLASHCOMICSwheaties.jpg

Even outside of adoption and time travel, there are options now. Medicine has come far and in the DCU you have cloning and wizards.