Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

The Aquafamily .

Line it Drawn

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Line it Drawn
    I wonder if Arthur and Namor could stand each other for more than five minutes...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gillian Jacobs racking up the comic book roles .

I'm sure we'll see her in the future Aquaman mini's in some form .
    I hope so, she has been sidelined for months now, nowhere to be seen. At Least Arthur turns up on JL or AC although nothing spectacular, but Mera deserves much better.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I wonder if Arthur and Namor could stand each other for more than five minutes...
    Namor would see Arthur as a weak-willed man content to compromise with half-measures, I assume.

Arthur would think Namor's a complete tool that needs to take the stick out of his ass, though.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Namor would see Arthur as a weak-willed man content to compromise with half-measures, I assume.

Arthur would think Namor's a complete tool that needs to take the stick out of his ass, though.
    Since its a Mera thread, the Question should be what Mera thinks about Namor and how long could she tolerate him before hell breaks out

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Since its a Mera thread, the Question should be what Mera thinks about Namor and how long could she tolerate him before hell breaks out
    She'd probably view him as a tin tyrant that needs to get over himself.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

The Aquafamily .
    They need to buy a shirt for the head of the family, he looks ridiculous. It is ridiculous. Stubbornly being forced on readers just not admit they are wrong. It isn't working nor selling. DC never learns nor listens. So much for we listen to our fans and usual BS.

They need to buy a shirt for the head of the family, he looks ridiculous. It is ridiculous. Stubbornly being forced on readers just not admit they are wrong. It isn't working nor selling. DC never learns nor listens. So much for we listen to our fans and usual BS.
    At least he's still wearing it in the movies .

Damn, people really are pissed Arthur isn't wearing a shirt?
    It's not my preferred look for him, but having him shirtless doesn't break the character. He's been doing it since the 90s lol. And it's not like he doesn't have a series (Deep Target) coming out in a few months where he's fully clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It's not my preferred look for him, but having him shirtless doesn't break the character. He's been doing it since the 90s lol. And it's not like he doesn't have a series (Deep Target) coming out in a few months where he's fully clothed.
    Are people entitled to have an opinion? well facts say it does not sell, while the clean shaven with classic suit Arthur of N52 and in the start of Rebirth instead sold and did not get canceled.
    So what if he's been doing since the 90's? it did not work then nor it is working now, as a matter of fact, N52 was a repudiation of that Aquaman.
    Besides he does not have an ongoing, just an attempt by DC to try and accommodate Aquafans and the GA ones, which will please none. AquaFans want a book with Arthur, Mera etc not one shared with GA, the same applies for the Green Arrow Fans. This series will only put into the sidelines characters like Mera and Black Canary, Having two superheroes is already difficult to balance let alone 4 and to do that you need an A List writer, and that excludes Thomas. His FS Aquaman was the lowest selling book of the series.

Arthur and Oliver have their 80th Anniversary and its a shame they don't have their own book.

Arthur had good sales for most of the decade, he was punished for few months of low sales, due to a take DC approved in first place and they knew it could be controversial. Instead of admitting their mistake, they punish the character and the fans, for not getting on board, due to a run they did not like.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I
    It definitely doesn't break him, but I just don't get why they still have him looking like that at this point.

I wonder if Mera will ever go back to her classic look.

Are people entitled to have an opinion? well facts say it does not sell, while the clean shaven with classic suit Arthur of N52 and in the start of Rebirth instead sold and did not get canceled.
    So what if he's been doing since the 90's? it did not work then nor it is working now, as a matter of fact, N52 was a repudiation of that Aquaman.
    Besides he does not have an ongoing, just an attempt by DC to try and accommodate Aquafans and the GA ones, which will please none. AquaFans want a book with Arthur, Mera etc not one shared with GA, the same applies for the Green Arrow Fans. This series will only put into the sidelines characters like Mera and Black Canary, Having two superheroes is already difficult to balance let alone 4 and to do that you need an A List writer, and that excludes Thomas. His FS Aquaman was the lowest selling book of the series.

Arthur and Oliver have their 80th Anniversary and its a shame they don't have their own book.

Arthur had good sales for most of the decade, he was punished for few months of low sales, due to a take DC approved in first place and they knew it could be controversial. Instead of admitting their mistake, they punish the character and the fans, for not getting on board, due to a run they did not like.
    Lol I doubt DeConnick's run would have sold any better if Arthur was wearing a shirt.
    You're entitled to your opinion, but I definitely don't think a large number of fans are refusing to buy his books because of this. There's no way to even know what look most fans prefer. Only if they launched two identital comics and only changed this one detail, could we really know which look sells better.
    I do agree that Arthur shouldn't be without an ongoing just because his last run didn't sell so well. Johns proved he can be a great seller. And like it or not, PAD's run managed to stick around for quite a while too, so there's a lot of merit that as well.
    DC just doesn't seem to be bothered to give him another try for now. I for one am glad he's at least getting featured pretty often.

Incredible Member

I apologise for going off-topic but that would be an excellent crossover. One thing I despise in crossovers is when characters act out of character and behave like immature, belligerant idiots for manufactured tension (Masters of the Universe/Thundercats was a really bad example of this). But in this case the tension/confict would be completely natural and in-character.

Plus, if it had to have the cliche "hero vs hero" fight, there's a perfect solution. Arthur and Namor tangle for a bit and then Mera steps in and breaks it up somehow. That way neither looks bad because the fight was interrupted without a clear winner.

She'd probably view him as a tin tyrant that needs to get over himself.
    Imagine Mera summoning waves to push them both apart, immobilising Namor in a block of solid water and then telling them to cut it out because they have bigger problems. Wouldn't that be great?