Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

HIPPOLYTA 11.jpg

I hope fans come around on Hippolyta's white costume. It's deceptively simple yet intricate once you notice all the little details (the gold accented fingerless gloves, single armband, armored shoulders). We all know Hippolyta likes ornamentation, sometimes it looks like she's wearing all her jewelry at once. The white capped shoulders are a step up from the golden eagle epaulettes she's worn in the past.

This costume fits her progression as a superhero in her own right, it says "regal military leader" it's less like Diana's though something she would wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    HIPPOLYTA 11.jpg

I hope fans come around on Hippolyta's white costume. It's deceptively simple yet intricate once you notice all the little details (the gold accented fingerless gloves, single armband, armored shoulders). We all know Hippolyta likes ornamentation, sometimes it looks like she's wearing all her jewelry at once. The white capped shoulders are a step up from the golden eagle epaulettes she's worn in the past.

This costume fits her progression as a superhero in her own right, it says "regal military leader" it's less like Diana's though something she would wear.
    Don't care much for the boob window or how sometimes her gloves cover her full arms but here its just to the elbow, but yeah I like the design. Shouldn't she have the bracelets though?
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Don't care much for the boob window or how sometimes her gloves cover her full arms but here its just to the elbow, but yeah I like the design. Shouldn't she have the bracelets though?
    Now that you mention, yeah that's a pretty noticeable omission. Especially since Cassie's has hers so prominent there.

Bracelets of Invisibility? :P

That page gives me Lion King vibes. lol

The Queen's time to shine in October.

Best-selling DC talent Kelly Sue DeConnick (Aquaman) and Phil Jimenez (Wonder Woman By Phil Jimenez Omnibus) launches one of the most highly-anticipated releases of the year. Millennia ago, Queen Hera and the goddesses of the Olympian pantheon grew greatly dissatisfied with their male counterparts… and far from their sight, they put a plan into action. A new society was born, one never before seen on Earth, capable of wondrous and terrible things, but their existence could not stay secret for long. When a despairing woman named Hippolyta crossed the Amazons’ path, a series of events was set in motion that would lead to an outright war in heaven—and the creation of the Earth’s greatest guardian!

Woo woo! Hippolytas time has come!

*Hippolyta rolls up her sleeves* "Time to show WB why me and my girls disserve a spin-off show!"

Incredible Member

Why haven't we gotten a nice Hippolyta action figure?

They made one for the WW movie, fine, but classic raven-haired Hippolyta in her purple robes is looooooong overdue. So what if she's in a dress?

She is basically WW's Alfred in terms of function. It almost feels like they've avoided making her. I never got the impression WW merch didn't sell. So....why hold off? She seems like exactly the kind of figure DC Direct would have made for a two pack.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Why haven't we gotten a nice Hippolyta action figure?

They made one for the WW movie, fine, but classic raven-haired Hippolyta in her purple robes is looooooong overdue. So what if she's in a dress?

She is basically WW's Alfred in terms of function. It almost feels like they've avoided making her. I never got the impression WW merch didn't sell. So....why hold off? She seems like exactly the kind of figure DC Direct would have made for a two pack.
    Going through the history of WW figures, it seems pretty erratic for non-Diana stuff to get made, so I think it's more they just don't think non-Diana WW merch will sell that much. Plus just industry ideas of Action Figures being a boy's market.

Even Cheetah doesn't have all the much for an arch-enemy of one of DC's big heroes.

Incredible Member

No kidding. There have only been 3 proper Barbara Minerva Cheetah figures...and one was pulled from stores for looking too "nude" ��

It stinks that DC Direct doesn't exist anymore because I think Hippolyta would be doable now, thanks to her higher profile and WW's upcoming Anniversary.

No kidding. There have only been 3 proper Barbara Minerva Cheetah figures...and one was pulled from stores for looking too "nude" ��

It stinks that DC Direct doesn't exist anymore because I think Hippolyta would be doable now, thanks to her higher profile and WW's upcoming Anniversary.
    Wait, really?
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

She is basically WW's Alfred in terms of function.
    To be fair, there aren't many Alfred action figures either. But I suppose the queen of the amazons would be a better action figure than an old butler.
    Last edited by Alpha; 07-20-2021 at 07:55 AM.

Well, it doesn't help the current holder of the rights to make DC Action figures (McFarlane) only seems interested in making Batman figures, followed by alternate Batman figures, then Bat-family members, and then way at the bottom everyone else.