Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Did she choose to end it or did DC want her to end it so they could reboot the title with JMS take?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Did she choose to end it or did DC want her to end it so they could reboot the title with JMS take?
    Believe she was taken off the book.

What do you guys think about more and more runs having Hippoltya being the daughter of Ares? I wish they played with that more. Because in many ways that makes her a demi god and Diana can still be a demi-god.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What do you guys think about more and more runs having Hippoltya being the daughter of Ares? I wish they played with that more. Because in many ways that makes her a demi god and Diana can still be a demi-god.
    She hasnt been daughter of Ares in.....since I was born 30 years ago? Or am I wrong? I dont think she ever was in DC mythology.

Hippolyta being Ares daughter was something that was brought up in John Byrne's run in order to justify Diana joining the Olympians. It was never brought up in canon again.

Though I would rather have that than Diana being the daughter of Zeus. Personally, I like the idea and it's come up a few times on this thread.

Also, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the Bronze Age. There was this two part story in Wonder Woman 183-184 where Ares was trying to conquer another dimension and Diana had to call upon the forces of legendary heroes like Brunhilde and Siegfried. At the end of the story Ares mentioned something about his daughter Hippolyta.

Personally, I would rather have the Gods be less important to the stories, but I guess there's a thematic throughline to all of that.
    Last edited by Alpha; 12-20-2021 at 04:00 AM.

Wait was rebirth she the granddaughter or daughters? I ask since I know Ares did call the amazons his daughters. It kind of would be interesting if the first four raised up against him. I just don't want Diana to have to be Zeus's daughter for her to be a demi-goddess. Like why not have it be that her mom is one

Idc about the Zeus thing. Diana isn’t impressed or phased by it. She seems to not expect nothing from him. Her heart is with her mother and sisters.

Hippolyta never even mentions or aknowlege it. Diana is hers as far as she’s concerned.
    Last edited by MarquisAsh; 12-20-2021 at 11:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Idc about the Zeus thing. Diana isn’t impressed or phased by it. She seems to not expect nothing from him. Her heart is with her mother and sisters.
    Good point. That's more important.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post

Hippolyta never even mentions or aknowlege it. Diana is hers as far as she’s concerned.
    I disagree, obviously. I think the nature of Diana's birth is crucial to the character and what she represents. Daughter of Zeus, even unmentioned, opens up a whole different can of worms.

Hippolyta in the invisible plane from JL #70