Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does the Justice League know WW's real name of Hippolyte? Or that she is Diana's Mother?
    Wow, now that I think about it, she's never met anyone outside the island since the New 52 has she.

Wonder if they'll get the impression Diana has come back to life the first few seconds they see her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I imagine she'll introduce herself properly.
    Introduced accordingly, hopefully.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wow, now that I think about it, she's never met anyone outside the island since the New 52 has she.

Wonder if they'll get the impression Diana has come back to life the first few seconds they see her.
    Hippolyta was part of Endless Winter crossover. In the Titans special Donna brought Barry to the Island so they could ask her about the Frost King(Donna mentioned that what was going on was similar to a "bedtime story" Hippolyta had told her while growing up) and Hippolyta left the Island to meet up with Diana and JLD team in their tie in, and fought beside the main league in the final. So they should all know who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Hippolyta was part of Endless Winter crossover. In the Titans special Donna brought Barry to the Island so they could ask her about the Frost King(Donna mentioned that what was going on was similar to a "bedtime story" Hippolyta had told her while growing up) and Hippolyta left the Island to meet up with Diana and JLD team in their tie in, and fought beside the main league in the final. So they should all know who she is.
    ooooo right. I forgot about that whole event.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Hippolyta has been paired up with one of the major Gods. Hercules (demi god but still), Zeus, Hades, Ares.

If you had to choose one for her to have had a former "relationship" with, which would you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Hippolyta has been paired up with one of the major Gods. Hercules (demi god but still), Zeus, Hades, Ares.

If you had to choose one for her to have had a former "relationship" with, which would you choose?
    Well, Ares and Zeus are off the table since the former is her dad in some versions of Greek myth, and that's too much Greek God incest even for me, and a relationship with Zeus opens the door to Daddy Zeus.

Hercules is I guess the obvious one to go with given his role in the POV flip on the Amazons but it should obviously stay former since Perez putting them together again was one of the more poorly aged things about his run.

No to Zeus, Hades, Ares and Heracles for obvious reasons.

Athena, Aphrodite and Artemis are her patrons so it would be weird if she had a relationship with them. Though if I had to pick; Artemis or Aphrodite could work, if you want either of them to be Diana's second 'mom'.

Other options? Maybe, Apollo, Helios, Eros or Dionysus from the myths could work if it has to be a guy. Or maybe a lesser known underrated Goddess like Selene, Nike, Enyo (Ares sister), Eris (Ares other sister), Hestia, Demeter or Persephone.

Or maybe Adonis? The man was 'cursed' to be the boy toy of Aphrodite and Persephone. Maybe Hippolyta got in on it too.

Hippolyta, Antiope, and Philippus HeroClix figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Hippolyta, Antiope, and Philippus HeroClix figures.

Thanks for posting these neat statues.

Hippolyta and Artemis look like older images of the characters I think?

Nubia's look is different.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Hippolyta post from DC's Instagram celebrating Women's History Month.

Story is cute but whats with the art? And why is Polly blonde?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Story is cute but whats with the art? And why is Polly blonde?
    From the Sensational Comics Featuring Wonder Woman series from a few years back. Each story was pretty much set in it's own continuity so there could be some details between stories that varied widely story-to-story.

Is it set pre-Crisis? Hippolyta was blonde then, right? She ended up replacing Diana as the golden age Wonder Woman in JSA stories, that would certainly explain why they changed her hair colour when they rebooted.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman