Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I wish Amazon/godly weapons were well named and reused like Thor's enchanted belt of strength Megingjord, Stormbreaker, Jarnbjorn, his battle axe, etc. It adds so much to the lore, it seems we haven't seen Hermes' winged sandals in decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I wish Amazon/godly weapons were well named and reused like Thor's enchanted belt of strength Megingjord, Stormbreaker, Jarnbjorn, his battle axe, etc. It adds so much to the lore, it seems we haven't seen Hermes' winged sandals in decades.
    Hmm, well I guess stuff like Megingjord and Mjolnir have the benefit of being concepts from actual Norse myth while most of items associated with Diana don't (aside from Hippolyta's girdle obviously, which the current costume doesn't have).

Though I think bringing Hermes' sandals back could be given to Artemis.

QUEEN 8.jpgSo Queen Hippolyta can Fly now i don't see the Sandals of Hermes.

QUEEN 7.jpgI really like this Uniform don't know why they're going to change it to that White Costume.

Quote Originally Posted by warzon View Post
    QUEEN 8.jpgSo Queen Hippolyta can Fly now i don't see the Sandals of Hermes.
    Did she fly or jump good?

Maybe she learned it from sky kanga

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

So in the Infinity special we have Hippolyta deciding to leave the island for Mans World yet in JL she ends up there almost accidently. Are we to assume this demon guy shows up right as she decides to hand over the crown?

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    So in the Infinity special we have Hippolyta deciding to leave the island for Mans World yet in JL she ends up there almost accidently. Are we to assume this demon guy shows up right as she decides to hand over the crown?
    Bendis is known for not really caring about continuity. In Marvel's Civil War II he had characters in his book pick a side suddenly, when in their own book that same character said they wanted nothing to do with the War...

So I doubt we'll ever get an answer that makes sense. Maybe he'll surprise me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Well it wasn't like she was leaving right away. Im assuming once she passed over the crown she was going to take a few days packing and get Nubia adjusted before heading off
    This just beat her to the punch

Another possibility though is that she was away from the island and somehow discovering an attack, she rushed back to aid the Amazons.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

The best mom in comics

Hippolyta 1.jpg

Hippolyta 2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Lol at her and Clark being the only ones really smiling, and she seems less enthusiastic

QUEEN 7.jpgI really like this Uniform don't know why they're going to change it to that White Costume.
    Purple always worked best for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    The best mom in comics

Hippolyta 1.jpg

Hippolyta 2.jpg

Lol at her and Clark being the only ones really smiling, and she seems less enthusiastic
    Always good to see Jimenez draw more WW characters.

Though it's perfect on the island as superhero wear the purple and gold is too much like Power Princess and the way it's drawn in JL 60 she may as well be Diana in a cape. The white has a more unique style with additional drama to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Though it's perfect on the island as superhero wear the purple and gold is too much like Power Princess and the way it's drawn in JL 60 she may as well be Diana in a cape. The white has a more unique style with additional drama to it.
    They put Power Princess in black now though.

Edit: Also I don't know how to feel about Marvel making Power Princess look exactly like Diana but in a black suit...

Everyone else one the Squadron Supreme are clear parodies but look real different.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 04-25-2021 at 06:48 AM.