Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    I’m fine with Hippolyta being bi. She had Diana with Zeus himself. She has to have some attraction to a man unless he came to her as a woman as well. Lol
    He has actually done that in mythology.

Bi Hippolyta is fine, but I don't want her with Black Adam. I'd much rather she be with Philippus, who I think she was supposed to marry at the end of Simone's run, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He has actually done that in mythology.

Bi Hippolyta is fine, but I don't want her with Black Adam. I'd much rather she be with Philippus, who I think she was supposed to marry at the end of Simone's run, correct?
    She did. Apparently it was something even higher ups at DC supported the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Not a fan. Seems to me like the amazons should be basically a society made up of lesbian women or a most bisexual, and their queen should definitely be solely lesbian and not bisexual. I mean, I'm not gonna get pissy about it, but I just wish DC had guts and allowed these women to be gay. Who the hell is gonna complain about it?
    I totally disagree and think absolutes are unrealistic. People probably assume the Amazons are lesbians anyway, there's plenty of evidence for it. Hippolyta being bisexual adds shades of gray to something too starkly black and white. If she's with Philippus it's nice and no one bats an eye but a male love interest, especially someone like Black Adam is more controversial, interesting, unexpected and has greater story potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I totally disagree and think absolutes are unrealistic. People probably assume the Amazons are lesbians anyway, there's plenty of evidence for it. Hippolyta being bisexual adds shades of gray to something too starkly black and white. If she's with Philippus it's nice and no one bats an eye but a male love interest, especially someone like Black Adam is more controversial, interesting, unexpected and has greater story potential.
    If DC lets anyone get married it would be unexpected.

Lol what? So now Hippolyta being with a man is subversive?

Look, I get that most people don't like me being exclusionary with a character that has had relationships with the other sex, and I'm not exactly angry about it continuing, but I think the wish fulfillment of the amazons is stronger if Hippolyta is a lesbian that could've never been herself in man's world and that's why she was compelled to be the queen of a society of women isolated from men.

I’m fine with Hippolyta being bi. She had Diana with Zeus himself. She has to have some attraction to a man unless he came to her as a woman as well. Lol
    I get that it's the current canon, but I'm pretty sure 70% of people here want the Diana made of clay origin and wish DC would retcon that new 52 daddy Zeus. If I want Hippolyta to be lesbian than you should also assume I don't accept the daddy zeus retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I get that it's the current canon, but I'm pretty sure 70% of people here want the Diana made of clay origin and wish DC would retcon that new 52 daddy Zeus. If I want Hippolyta to be lesbian than you should also assume I don't accept the daddy zeus retcon.
    But even before that Hippolyta was attracted to hercules as well.

But even before that Hippolyta was attracted to hercules as well.
    Yes it's true that every version of the encounter in the DC stories at least hints at Hippolyta being atracted to Hercules, even if he ends up raping her. But I don't value that relationship very much.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Muscular old men in fur suits is your thing?

Not kink shaming.
    Damn, how old does he look to you? 😆
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    Damn, how old does he look to you? ��
    If that page is from the modern day, he is at least a 70 year old who looks 38.

We've hardly seen them do anything with her and Philippus as a couple so claiming her and Adam has greater story potential isn't quite true.

And if her being a with a woman weren't controversial, it wouldn't have taken this long for DC to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    If that page is from the modern day, he is at least a 70 year old who looks 38.
    It’s from a story where Diana ended up time traveling to the 40s, so he’s about the age he’s supposed to be.

In fairness, Hippolyta is at least over 3,000 years old in that pic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    It’s from a story where Diana ended up time traveling to the 40s, so he’s about the age he’s supposed to be.

In fairness, Hippolyta is at least over 3,000 years old in that pic.
    His name might be Wildcat but Hippolyta is the cougar. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    We've hardly seen them do anything with her and Philippus as a couple so claiming her and Adam has greater story potential isn't quite true.

And if her being a with a woman weren't controversial, it wouldn't have taken this long for DC to do it.
    We've hardly seen them do anything with her and Philippus as a couple because there's not a lot to do with them as a couple. What, they've not been together for thousands of years and suddenly form an attraction? Or they've been together for thousands of years and suddenly break-up? Okay, then what? After the first few centuries on an isolated island I'd imagine they'd know each other very well regardless of either scenario. Where's the conflict?
    Last edited by Koriand'r; 05-01-2021 at 09:16 AM.