Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, what exactly are those pictures of?
    Pictures of Aldis Hodge working out which gives us an impression of how his Hawkman is going to look like in the movie?

The story the Black Adam movie is based on features the reincarnated Hawkman anyway so it's a fair to post photos of him in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Pictures of Aldis Hodge working out which gives us an impression of how his Hawkman is going to look like in the movie?

The story the Black Adam movie is based on features the reincarnated Hawkman anyway so it's a fair to post photos of him in this thread.
    If it's for an actor in a movie but he's NOT in costume / character, let's save it and start a separate thread, okay?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Uh, this is Golden Age Hawkman?!?
    The Carter Hall / Prince Khufu version without any of that mix-in of Katar Hol and later reincarnated-through-time-and-space stuff?
    Major, if this thread is intended to only be for the 40s depiction of Carter and not a comprehensive look at the character as he's evolved, you're pretty much going to be the only one posting here. I like even the yellow sock mask Carter but it's fair game to discuss excitement for the actor about to portray him in live action taking the role seriously and building the physique Hawkman's design emphasizes.

I understand you prefer the earlier incarnations (along with Roy Thomas's work) but if this is going to be a discussion about Carter Hall, then Aldis Hodge is absolutely fair game to discuss as is Michael Shanks and every other actor who has portrayed him in his limited forays into other media.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Major, if this thread is intended to only be for the 40s depiction of Carter and not a comprehensive look at the character as he's evolved, you're pretty much going to be the only one posting here. I like even the yellow sock mask Carter but it's fair game to discuss excitement for the actor about to portray him in live action taking the role seriously and building the physique Hawkman's design emphasizes.

I understand you prefer the earlier incarnations (along with Roy Thomas's work) but if this is going to be a discussion about Carter Hall, then Aldis Hodge is absolutely fair game to discuss as is Michael Shanks and every other actor who has portrayed him in his limited forays into other media.
    The title of this thread is
    Golden Age Hawkman (Carter Hall / Prince Khufu) Appreciation 2021
    and as I said previously:
    . . . If somebody wants to make a more general Hawkman thread, they should feel free to do so.
    But I created this thread to focus only on the Golden Age-version of Hawkman (pre-DC's latest fuster-cluck version of "reincarnation whenever/wherever", which just makes the whole thing even more confusing to me than even the Zero Hour stuff).
    as well
    . . . I wouldn't rule out anything with Carter's / Khufu's time during, say, Geoff Johns' JSA run, since that's essentially the same character.
    So I think I made it pretty clear what this thread was about.

If you want to discuss actors who may eventually be seen portraying a character that's sort of related to a comic book version of a character, but isn't yet seen in a costume or anything related to the character, would it be that difficult to create a new thread for the movie version?Hell, we don't even know how much of a part he'll eventually play in any final cut of the Black Adam movie, which has was first mentioned how many years ago? And have they even started shooting the damn thing?

Aldis Hodge shared some time ago in his instagram his reading material for the character and it was obvious to be the version of Carter the he will protray, so yes, I think that people should have the right to speak in this thread about the actor and his preparation, both in character and phisical for Carter Hall, aka Hawkman.

The title of this thread is
    Golden Age Hawkman (Carter Hall / Prince Khufu) Appreciation 2021
    and as I said previously:as well So I think I made it pretty clear what this thread was about.

If you want to discuss actors who may eventually be seen portraying a character that's sort of related to a comic book version of a character, but isn't yet seen in a costume or anything related to the character, would it be that difficult to create a new thread for the movie version?Hell, we don't even know how much of a part he'll eventually play in any final cut of the Black Adam movie, which has was first mentioned how many years ago? And have they even started shooting the damn thing?
    it feels like your being purposely obtuse. Hodge isn't sorta kinda maybe tangentially portraying golden age Carter, he's literally portraying JSA Carter Hall, reincarnated from Prince Khufu, based on JSA/Golden Age comics. you yourself said you're including Geoff Johns' take on Carter (with Hodge is directly adapting), so you can't exactly have it both ways and say your exclusively talking about literal golden age (1940s) Carter at that point; that's nonsensical. If you wanna talk about 1940s comic book reincarnated as a white man Hawkman exclusively and specifically, that's fine, but just say that. however if it's an appreciation thread for the the character of Hawkman/Carter Hall, as established in the Golden Age, then i don't see how you can fault people for appreciating the character getting adapted considering (again) that's the character Hodge is prepping for and portraying.

maybe it would just be easier to have the mods change the title from Golden Age Hawkman appreciation to whichever specific time period you're looking to appreciate (like 1940 to 19whatever Hawkman appreciation).
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it feels like your being purposely obtuse. Hodge isn't sorta kinda maybe tangentially portraying golden age Carter, he's literally portraying JSA Carter Hall, reincarnated from Prince Khufu, based on JSA/Golden Age comics. you yourself said you're including Geoff Johns' take on Carter (with Hodge is directly adapting), so you can't exactly have it both ways and say your exclusively talking about literal golden age (1940s) Carter at that point; that's nonsensical. If you wanna talk about 1940s comic book reincarnated as a white man Hawkman exclusively and specifically, that's fine, but just say that. however if it's an appreciation thread for the the character of Hawkman/Carter Hall, as established in the Golden Age, then i don't see how you can fault people for appreciating the character getting adapted considering (again) that's the character Hodge is prepping for and portraying.

maybe it would just be easier to have the mods change the title from Golden Age Hawkman appreciation to whichever specific time period you're looking to appreciate (like 1940 to 19whatever Hawkman appreciation).
    Or maybe I should change the whole damn thread since nobody gives a damn about why I created it in the first place . . .

to make it easier on everyone I went ahead and made a Carter Hall appreciation thread

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...on-Thread-2021
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Or maybe I should change the whole damn thread since nobody gives a damn about why I created it in the first place . . .
    You opened it up for ambiguity when you strayed into the Geoff Johns era. I understand that he was based off of the golden age as you explained in the secret files, but I can also see where others would think any modern incarnation of Carter Hall would fit that billing.

Also, now the character has as many threads as he does lives and incarnations.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    You opened it up for ambiguity when you strayed into the Geoff Johns era. I understand that he was based off of the golden age as you explained in the secret files, but I can also see where others would think any modern incarnation of Carter Hall would fit that billing.

Also, now the character has as many threads as he does lives and incarnations.
    Lmao, now that you mention it. omg for real...

Astonishing Member

Earth 2 Hawkman, a version or copy might exist on the new Earth 2.

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    That looks great. Look at those guns.

Now i want Sharpe to draw a Hawkman comic with all the blood and guts they allow.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake