Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    Especially since with the rings and the mystical component they gave Shang, the tow characters will be very similar. But Danny's surrounding character make him so so interesting. His love is basically Pamela Grier (Misty Knight). His two best friends are basically a Shaft type character (Luke) and a female Samurai (Coleen). Plus you have Lei Kung who is basically his father figure. That has not been touched upon much in his stories. His story is basically has an immigrant comes to another nation and become one of them. I just think there is a lot that could be mined in an Iron Fist film that we have not seen in the MCU. If you think about it, Danny story back in 1970s was so ahead of it's with a real diversity in it's "cast." Also he has no silly side kicks that get shoe horned in for comedy purposes. He being a fish out of water story can have its own comedy. OH well. One can dream.
    Agreed bro. So much to mine there. So many things that were progressive and are STILL progressive. If Marvel is going to explore more of Shang-Chi's corner of the universe, well that includes Iron Fist.

They could make him biracial. His father being from K'un-Lun could work or make his mother Asian or biracial. That way you keep the main story intact but keep the immigrant story of K'un-Lun. For him to be introduced, he would have to first appear in a Shang Chi sequel.
    I was fine with the casting of a biracial person as Danny in 2017. I'm more comfortable with it now. Lewis Tan could fit that bill. I'm still somewhat iffy on his acting. His performance in Mortal Kombat didn't exactly wow me.

But honestly, whatever it takes to see Iron Fist redeemed and revitalized and returned to his proper place. I said it before, I want to see a Shang-Chi with his Mandarin rings face off against a fully powered, chi-dragon infused Iron Fist. That's as close to DBZ we'll ever get in the MU.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Agreed bro. So much to mine there. So many things that were progressive and are STILL progressive. If Marvel is going to explore more of Shang-Chi's corner of the universe, well that includes Iron Fist.

I was fine with the casting of a biracial person as Danny in 2017. I'm more comfortable with it now. Lewis Tan could fit that bill. I'm still somewhat iffy on his acting. His performance in Mortal Kombat didn't exactly wow me.

But honestly, whatever it takes to see Iron Fist redeemed and revitalized and returned to his proper place. I said it before, I want to see a Shang-Chi with his Mandarin rings face off against a fully powered, chi-dragon infused Iron Fist. That's as close to DBZ we'll ever get in the MU.
    I too have not been impressed with Lewis Tan's acting. His portrayal of the drunken kung fu fighter in the Iron Fist series did not stand out from an acting point of view. I'm not sure if I would be excited if got the roll.

I've seen Tan in several things (Into The Badlands, Wu Assassins) and he's okay, but rather charmless and outshone by those around him. I kind of feel his talk about not being white costing him the role of IF is a bit overblown as I think he doesn't look particularly Asian, but whatever... he would no doubt have been better at the martial arts than Finn, but he simply doesn't feel like Danny to me. He's maybe a bit too macho?

I think at the time I suggested Jake (Believe, Quantico) McLaughlin, who always looks physically fit (ex military) and is a decent actor, but now is too old to play Danny.
    Last edited by Panic; 10-30-2021 at 12:56 PM.

I think 15 years ago Ray Park would have been perfect for Danny.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think 15 years ago Ray Park would have been perfect for Danny.
    He definitely could have easily pulled off the martial arts. That part would be a no brainer. The real question would have been his acting.

Amazing Member

Perfect for Danny's stuntman, maybe. Ray Park barely has lines and screen time in anything he's in, and his most famous role was dubbed over.

Yeah, Ray Park is a decent martial artist but no great shakes as an actor.

Mighty Member

So what kind of stories will we get for Danny, now that he is no longer Iron Fist. Yep. the Living Weapon and defender of K'un-Lun gave his title away. Looks like he has fallen steps closer to Orson Randall who ran and hid. I could easily see a story where Quan Yaozu confronts Danny. Maybe he comes more into the forefront and attempts to restore K'un-Lun? I am assuming K'un-Lun has not been restored since Kaare Andrews destroyed it in his Living Weapon series? So that makes it even worse that Danny gave up the mantle without restoring the heavenly city. SMDH
    Last edited by taozen; 09-25-2021 at 02:46 PM.

Mighty Member

I need way more disposable income. Love this statue:

xm studios if.jpg

Mighty Member

The shirtless version:

xm iron fist statue shirtless.jpg

Mighty Member

Night attack version. Nice composition.

xm iron fist statue night.jpg

So what kind of stories will be get for Danny, now that he is no longer Iron Fist. Yep. the Living Weapon and defender of K'un-Lun gave his title away. Looks like he has fallen steps closer to Orson Randall who ran and hid. I could easily see a story where Quan Yaozu confronts Danny. Maybe he comes more into the forefront and attempts to restore K'un-Lun? I am assuming K'un-Lun has not been restored since Kaare Andrews destroyed it in his Living Weapon series? So that makes it even worse that Danny gave up the mantle without restoring the heavenly city. SMDH
    Danny has to build himself up again. Brisson did this before, with Danny going around the world and then to the Liu-Shi. That was a good story because it showed Danny fighting his way back to the top. He has to show that he earned that Iron Fist title, that he fought for it. If Danny has to constantly prove this in another story, then so be it. Maybe this time around, we also streamline everything that has gone on before.

Perhaps he'll show up in Devil's Reign? Really hoping for that. How does Danny handle himself against Kingpin's thugs, madmen, and tough guys without the iron fist? Easy. He'd still kick all their asses. Instead of one second, it'd take two .

As for K'un Lun, Brisson used it in his previous series as well. As of right now, Sparrow is the Yu-Ti of K'un Lun. And I think it was repaired. Maybe Danny goes back and hangs out with her for now. I'm liking Quan Yaozu. I see him as another old traditionalist who can't stand that Sparrow is in charge of K'un Lun.

The shirtless version:

xm iron fist statue shirtless.jpg
    Digging it bro. Biggest plus for me are the leggings. Very Shaolin-esque.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Danny has to build himself up again. Brisson did this before, with Danny going around the world and then to the Liu-Shi. That was a good story because it showed Danny fighting his way back to the top. He has to show that he earned that Iron Fist title, that he fought for it. If Danny has to constantly prove this in another story, then so be it. Maybe this time around, we also streamline everything that has gone on before.

Perhaps he'll show up in Devil's Reign? Really hoping for that. How does Danny handle himself against Kingpin's thugs, madmen, and tough guys without the iron fist? Easy. He'd still kick all their asses. Instead of one second, it'd take two .

As for K'un Lun, Brisson used it in his previous series as well. As of right now, Sparrow is the Yu-Ti of K'un Lun. And I think it was repaired. Maybe Danny goes back and hangs out with her for now. I'm liking Quan Yaozu. I see him as another old traditionalist who can't stand that Sparrow is in charge of K'un Lun.

Digging it bro. Biggest plus for me are the leggings. Very Shaolin-esque.
    I dig the leggings too. I often thought that instead of using Bruce Lee styled costuming in a uniform they should have used Shaolin styled clothing. Or even Jet Li's Wong Fei-Hung style updated in a modern way.

Wong Fei Hung Jet Li.jpg

Or even something like Sanford Greene designed for fun or Danny:

luke_and_danny_by_greenestreet.jpg

Something besides just the reverse colored Bruce styled jump suit.

I thought Pei was next in line to take up the mantle?

Spectacular Member

More than likely Danny is just going to randomly be the IF again with no explanation because Marvel keeps cancelling his runs over and over again.

Also, how many times does Danny lose the IF? It's getting kind of old.

He has lost it or it has been gimped in 4 of his story arcs now I think.

The one one the zombie ninjas, the one he goes to the island for the martial arts tournament, the one with the demon that posses Luke and now, he just lost it again.

Maybe this is a good direction. Have him not have any chi for a entire run or two in his next two story arcs. Either stick with it for awhile or stop doing it. Make up your mind Marvel.