Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526 LastLast

Victor Alvarez got his own Iron Fist in Blue Marvel's son, not that I expect anyone to remember that other than Al Ewing.

BANNED

Might be cool to see the new IF team up with Night Thrasher.

Looking at the preview art and thinking the matter over some more, I'm slowly warming up to the idea of a new Iron Fist. Granted, there's still hand-wringing and frustration that Danny is losing his Iron Fist identity and powers. But I like the overall look of the new Iron Fist. The costume has a cool appearance. Leaving the mask open at the top to expose the hair was a wise decision. As much as I like the Iron Fist mask, it sometimes gave me an old-timey pirate vibe.

I still feel that Danny Rand could come back. And he'd come back by proving himself as Danny Rand. I envision an image of him and Luke standing back to back, with Luke in the yellow hoodie while Danny is GQ'd up. A suave, sophisticated appearance might work well for Danny.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Looking at the preview art and thinking the matter over some more, I'm slowly warming up to the idea of a new Iron Fist. Granted, there's still hand-wringing and frustration that Danny is losing his Iron Fist identity and powers. But I like the overall look of the new Iron Fist. The costume has a cool appearance. Leaving the mask open at the top to expose the hair was a wise decision. As much as I like the Iron Fist mask, it sometimes gave me an old-timey pirate vibe.

I still feel that Danny Rand could come back. And he'd come back by proving himself as Danny Rand. I envision an image of him and Luke standing back to back, with Luke in the yellow hoodie while Danny is GQ'd up. A suave, sophisticated appearance might work well for Danny.
    As long as it's not a tracksuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    As long as it's not a tracksuit.
    Ha, agreed bro .
    "I am a man of peace."

Hey all. Just wanted to wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving, however we celebrate.

I also wanted to start to post new content on this thread. In about a month or so, I'm guessing this thread will be retired to make way for the new appreciation threads. Additionally, with February 2022 looming next year, a new Iron Fist will be coming. Now, we still don't know what role Danny will be playing in the Marvel Universe at that time. Me, I'm hoping that he'll still be a champion of K'un Lun, a hero for hire, and a living weapon. Until that happens, thought we'd take the time to reflect, recollect, and remember Danny Rand.

Been meaning to post this for a while now, but this was my first introduction to Iron Fist:

Yep, Marvel's 1991 trading card series. I remember looking through the cards and being very intrigued by this character. Iron Fist? As someone who was into Ninja Turtles at the time, I always had appreciation for the Karate/Kung Fu/martial artists. And now I found out that Marvel had one of its own. Indeed, this card planted that first recognition of Iron Fist and I'd always be on the lookout for him in the comics.
    "I am a man of peace."

One of the first Iron Fist series that I ever owned:

This was the 2000 Iron Fist/Wolverine miniseries. It came out during a time of flux in the Marvel Comics. The company was starting to get out of bankrupcy and had Marvel Knights. Joe Quesada was poised to be the new EIC. But it was still in danger of folding. The big movies, X-Men and Spider-Man, were just around the corner. This was the comic that introduced me some of Iron Fist's supporting cast, like Misty Knight and Yu-Ti.

Is it an amazing piece of comics literature? Eh, it reads more like fanfiction than comics. But it had dynamic action and cool fights. It was good enough at the time. And it showed how Danny was still kick ass as a fighter even without the Iron Fist!
    "I am a man of peace."

I think my intro to Danny was his appearances in Ultimate Spiderman or Avengers EMH.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Might be cool to see the new IF team up with Night Thrasher.
    It would be cool to see Thrash used in any title.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think my intro to Danny was his appearances in Ultimate Spiderman or Avengers EMH.
    Loved it when Luke introduced himself and Danny:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMfD_-gDxEQ

Captain America and Thor never looked so good!
    "I am a man of peace."

I think the first place I saw Iron Fist was The Astonishing Spider-Man Treasury Edition, an oversized floppy-back reprint book of several Marvel Team-Up stories. The Iron Fist one was against 'Drom, the Backwards Man' and it wasn't terribly memorable. Jim Mooney was the artist, and he failed to make IF's costume work the way Kane, Byrne, and Gammill did/were to do. Iron Fist didn't become a favourite of mine until I started buying the excellent Power Man and Iron Fist, and around the same time Marvel UK was producing a black & white reprint monthly entitled 'Blockbuster' which featured the Claremont/Byrne Iron Fist stories, which I really loved.

Some random thoughts:

I've seen many of us on this thread post this:

The scene is great. It shows just how powerful Danny can be with the Iron Fist. However, after reading the actual comic where it comes from, I learned how it was part of the rescue of Luke Cage. Yes, it's all the Avengers rescuing Luke, but it just reminded me how much Luke and Danny are the quintessential bromance in the Marvel Universe. And they've been bro'ing for over 40 years:

Whatever Danny does in the future, just hope people remember that friendship.
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

My introduction to Iron Fist came with the old school Power Man and Iron Fist series beginning with issue #95. Yep, I am old.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Victor Alvarez got his own Iron Fist in Blue Marvel's son, not that I expect anyone to remember that other than Al Ewing.
    I don’t think Ewing was being serious in that instance

I reread Brisson's run the other week. Though I've got no real complaints about the way Danny is written, the series just did nothing for me. At least part of the issue was the art, which is very accomplished, but not particularly good at portraying action, imo. Also, I hate the tracksuit look.

Still gets to me that no one has gone back to the 90's Heroes for Hire look, which I thought worked very well.