Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I feel that the shout out to Matt Fraction was his contributions to the Mandarin back in the Iron Man series and not necessarily K'un Lun. The mystical land of Ta Lo actually comes from an issue of Thor. Comic Tropes pointed this out in a recent video. Check out 6:20:

As for the fantastical elements, Iron Fist is a good fit for that. Thinking it over, I could see Danny using his Iron Fist powers pretty well against the more fantasy villains and monsters which were featured in the last third of the film. Still, I said this before in the Shang-Chi thread, I feel Shang also fits well into the realm of the fantastic and mystical. His father allows for those types of stories to be told.

Wouldn't mind seeing these two team up again. When people have a clear direction for Danny, when critics realize that the potential of the character, the good, far outweighs the criticisms (which I agree became a big deal because people hyped it up as a big deal), then I want to see this pairing happen.
    I was thinking about the revolution that happens in the immortal Iron Fist series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    I'm getting a feeling Danny and the Iron Fist will pop up over in Jason Aaron's Avengers run. He's building up a team of Avengers composed of legacy characters. Perhaps the title will crown a new Iron Fist there? Maybe. In any case, I just hope Danny isn't forgotten in this mix.

In other Iron Fist news, Brett Chan, who was the fight choreographer on the first season of Iron Fist, has had this to say about the series. This comes from here https://screenrant.com/iron-fist-sea...stunt-problem/:

Again, I'm hearing that some actors didn't prepare. The insinuation is that it was Finn. I've supported the guy in the past. I still think (and I'm in the minority here) that his acting was good for the series. But if you're playing a martial arts character, one of the best in the Marvel Universe by the way, you best be good at martial arts. Yes, there may have been other circumstances on Marvel's part, but ultimately the actor is responsible for the training.
    Yeah, I've said in the past that I think he got a bit too much vitriol for stuff that were not fully under his control. But dude, you got cast as a martial arts character and you didn't want to train? He definitely deserves flack for that.

Jessica Henwick not being into martial arts at all prior is a surprise. She posts a lot of videos of her training so I thought she was already into it. Wasn't she the first British of East Asian descent to star as a lead in her own show ('Spirit Warriors')? I haven't seen the show but given the premise I thought she may have gotten some martial arts experience from there.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yeah, I've said in the past that I think he got a bit too much vitriol for stuff that were not fully under his control. But dude, you got cast as a martial arts character and you didn't want to train? He definitely deserves flack for that.

Jessica Henwick not being into martial arts at all prior is a surprise. She posts a lot of videos of her training so I thought she was already into it. Wasn't she the first British of East Asian descent to star as a lead in her own show ('Spirit Warriors')? I haven't seen the show but given the premise I thought she may have gotten some martial arts experience from there.
    From the vast majority of reports, Henwick was all in with the training. She clocked in extra hours and supposedly trained more than any other cast member. Kudos to her.

Mighty Member

It is a bit crazy that since the Shang Chi movie has released, Danny has been getting truck loads of hate on the inter-webs. I personally blame that horrid Netflix series. I've had to beat back a ton of hate on the twitters lately. I'm all in as I love me some Iron Fist but apparently Marvel appears to be burying him in basement at the moment.

I saw Shang Chi today. It was well done, but as an Iron Fist fan I found it difficult to properly enjoy it, what with it folding in a number of IF elements. I can't see the MCU doing anything (good) with Danny on this evidence, I think they're embarrassed by him. Which is tough for us.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I saw Shang Chi today. It was well done, but as an Iron Fist fan I found it difficult to properly enjoy it, what with it folding in a number of IF elements. I can't see the MCU doing anything (good) with Danny on this evidence, I think they're embarrassed by him. Which is tough for us.
    I am right there with you. Sucks when you love a character that is written and developed horribly and then another character is given some if their character's mythology. It is a bit of a tough time to be an Iron Fist fan right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I loved the movie, but I also really enjoyed seeing some of the Iron Fist lore used to build the world of Shang-Chi. I guess, for me, it's just fun to know that even if Danny isn't used again anytime soon, there are aspects of his comics that are incredible and can't not be used in the MCU.

I dunno. It's not like I don't want to see Danny. But...

Paradise is now or never.

-Pav, who might go see it again just for funsies...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I loved the movie, but I also really enjoyed seeing some of the Iron Fist lore used to build the world of Shang-Chi. I guess, for me, it's just fun to know that even if Danny isn't used again anytime soon, there are aspects of his comics that are incredible and can't not be used in the MCU.

I dunno. It's not like I don't want to see Danny. But...

Paradise is now or never.

-Pav, who might go see it again just for funsies...
    Yeah, there was a lot of Danny inspired mythos in the movie.

Kinda a shame being a badass normal isn't seen as appealing, but ah well.

That said, no reason why Danny can't come after Shang. The demon is dead and the hidden village has no purpose now. Maybe some weapons they were developing wander off?

Or there are other mystical cities.

Seven of them.

And Shang Chi has to compete with them and one of them is the Immortal Iron Fist.

Ultimate Member

Seven of them.

And Shang Chi has to compete with them and one of them is the Immortal Iron Fist.
    Yeah, that'd be good for his third movie. Do Danny like they did with Panther

I think the problem is that Danny does not tick any new boxes for Marvel/Disney. Shang-Chi is Asian and focuses on martial arts, something that MCU didn't really have. Now Danny is kinda redundant + he is white and they have enough of those already.

Yes that could be difficult now to make an Iron Fist project now with Shang Chi and his fantasy elements very close to Kun Lun etc...I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the script was originally for a Iron Fist movie (Feige love Brubaker run), but I think in some way that could help a very good reboot if they introduce Dany like a spin-off of Shang Chi, there wouldn't have the weird debat about the "white savior" or whatever peoples want to call that (we just have a "what if" episode last week with O'Bengh, who look asians in the comics, but now is black guy with a chinese costume, and nobody see him like a black savior or cultural thief), because he would be more in the world of Shang Chi, I think with a reboot Marvel could introduce something closer to the comics with his father in Kun Lun etc...I think that could help to understand why for Danny it's vital to be part of the Kun Lun world.

I have always found weird that Killian in Iron Man 3 have some much knowledge about Mandarin, with his Dragon tatoo etc..., they could use him to create another link with Iron Fist world.

There are also the rumors about a reboot in Disney Plus:

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021...ies-exclusive/

I prefer they keep Danny White, it's among his identity, the stranger in Kun Lun etc...but I'm okay with Lewis Tan too.
    Last edited by Bolo; 09-08-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Mighty Member

Seven of them.

That is my prediction for the 2nd movie but my fear is that Danny will not be used. Shang will go on into the tournament but the revolution at the end of the story will be changed.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think the problem is that Danny does not tick any new boxes for Marvel/Disney. Shang-Chi is Asian and focuses on martial arts, something that MCU didn't really have. Now Danny is kinda redundant + he is white and they have enough of those already.
    Especially since with the rings and the mystical component they gave Shang, the tow characters will be very similar. But Danny's surrounding character make him so so interesting. His love is basically Pamela Grier (Misty Knight). His two best friends are basically a Shaft type character (Luke) and a female Samurai (Coleen). Plus you have Lei Kung who is basically his father figure. That has not been touched upon much in his stories. His story is basically has an immigrant comes to another nation and become one of them. I just think there is a lot that could be mined in an Iron Fist film that we have not seen in the MCU. If you think about it, Danny story back in 1970s was so ahead of it's with a real diversity in it's "cast." Also he has no silly side kicks that get shoe horned in for comedy purposes. He being a fish out of water story can have its own comedy. OH well. One can dream.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    Yes that could be difficult now to make an Iron Fist project now with Shang Chi and his fantasy elements very close to Kun Lun etc...I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the script was originally for a Iron Fist movie (Feige love Brubaker run), but I think in some way that could help a very good reboot if they introduce Dany like a spin-off of Shang Chi, there wouldn't have the weird debat about the "white savior" or whatever peoples want to call that (we just have a "what if" episode last week with O'Bengh, who look asians in the comics, but now is black guy with a chinese costume, and nobody see him like a black savior or cultural thief), because he would be more in the world of Shang Chi, I think with a reboot Marvel could introduce something closer to the comics with his father in Kun Lun etc...I think that could help to understand why for Danny it's vital to be part of the Kun Lun world.

I have always found weird that Killian in Iron Man 3 have some much knowledge about Mandarin, with his Dragon tatoo etc..., they could use him to create another link with Iron Fist world.

There are also the rumors about a reboot in Disney Plus:

https://www.thathashtagshow.com/2021...ies-exclusive/

I prefer they keep Danny White, it's among his identity, the stranger in Kun Lun etc...but I'm okay with Lewis Tan too.
    They could make him biracial. His father being from K'un-Lun could work or make his mother Asian or biracial. That way you keep the main story intact but keep the immigrant story of K'un-Lun. For him to be introduced, he would have to first appear in a Shang Chi sequel.
    Last edited by taozen; 09-08-2021 at 01:52 PM.