Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

In hindsight, Iron Fist and Hawkeye should've swapped places in the MCU. I think they'd benefit more in each other's corners.

The Brisson run is a solid 7 out of 10. There are some cool fights and the teamups with Sabretooth and the Midnight sons are pretty fun. Bringing back Miranda actually helps Danny and gives him an interesting status quo going forward.

Shame Death of the Dragon did nothing with any of that but that's just Iron Fist's fate.

Brisson's character work with Danny is fine. He's likable but generic. If you aren't a die hard Danny fan, he's probably not going to make you one. He does acknowledge Danny has a codependent streak in the letter page but he didn't really explore it that deeply.

If Netflix had given Danny a third season, I'd adapt this runs tournament arc over Immortal's. Orson would just be allied with Lao-shi to streamline them.

Colleen would be dealing with Chaka Khan back in NY.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-06-2021 at 02:51 PM.

If Iron Fist comes to the MCU, do you guys think Danny will be recast ?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I'd say the odds aren't in Finn Jones's favor. Which is a shame because he was a good performer saddled with a half formed character.

Although Iron Fist is the one Defender that would improve with a reboot.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-07-2021 at 12:19 PM.

I concur with Kenway. Maybe he'll be recast. Or Finn will be brought in for a movie scene or episode and killed off to be replaced by the new Iron Fist. If so, just hope he goes out a hero.

As for Danny Rand in comics though, well, let's not count him out just yet. Here are the solicitations for March 2022:

IRON FIST #2 (OF 5)
    ALYSSA WONG (W) • MICHAEL YG (A) • Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
    Variant cover by JIM CHEUNG
    THE HUNT IS ON!
    As the NEW IRON FIST adjusts to his role, he struggles to handle the WARRING SOURCES of his power!
    Can he find balance before they consume him?
    The answers he seeks may lie at the heart of K’UN-LUN — with the PAST IRON FISTS!
    Meanwhile, DANNY RAND’S hunt for the Mysterious Iron Fist heats up! In order to catch him, Danny will have to cash in a favor...from an old friend!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I hope they team up in the miniseries. I'm hoping Jed McKay gets to write Danny because I'm digging his take on Moon Knight.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-22-2021 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I hope they team up in the miniseries. I'm hoping Jed McKay gets to write Danny because I'm digging his take on Moon Knight.
    Looks like there will be a team up. I'm getting some mentor/mentee vibes.
    "I am a man of peace."

In hindsight, the corporate hero angle currently in Spider-Man would've been a good angle for Danny. It allows his weakest aspect- Rand Corporation to be revamped. You could also introduce Ward Jr and base him off the TV show. He could be the main figurehead but not the main antagonist.

So if they ever do another MCU project with Danny, they should do that angle.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-23-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Looks like Danny can still fight and wear a costume at least .

Preview of the upcoming Devil's Reign #2. Danny makes an appearance sans Iron Fist. He does put up quite a fight though. Check it out:

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/12/23/ex...evils-reign-2/
    "I am a man of peace."

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd say the odds aren't in Finn Jones's favor. Which is a shame because he was a good performer saddled with a half formed character.

Although Iron Fist is the one Defender that would improve with a reboot.
    According to the most recent interview with Jessica Henwick, she got offered to play Xialing but it came with the caveat that it would have 'decanoned' IF and that was one reason why she didn't take it.

I like the actress we got and it leaves the door open for her to return either as Colleen Wing or a new character (Leiko Wu?).

She also said that Cox had cut a deal with Marvel years ago but kept mum about it. Presumably Donofrio did too hence their respective cameos in NWH and Hawkeye. It sounds like some of the actors re-negotiated so they could return as either new characters (Mahershala Ali as Blade) or reprise their roles.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    According to the most recent interview with Jessica Henwick, she got offered to play Xialing but it came with the caveat that it would have 'decanoned' IF and that was one reason why she didn't take it.

I like the actress we got and it leaves the door open for her to return either as Colleen Wing or a new character (Leiko Wu?).

She also said that Cox had cut a deal with Marvel years ago but kept mum about it. Presumably Donofrio did too hence their respective cameos in NWH and Hawkeye. It sounds like some of the actors re-negotiated so they could return as either new characters (Mahershala Ali as Blade) or reprise their roles.
    I'm in the "I'll believe when I see it" camp.

The only one I'd wanna reboot is Iron Fist but his problem aren't really in his origin. It's no one's ever figured what to do with him as a character beyond hanging out with Luke Cage.

I'd probably put him in an Urban Fantasy like Buffy and Angel. If you want to put him in someone else's story I think Moon Knight would be interesting.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-24-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

So I guess it's going to be on a case-by-case basis and depend on the actor.