Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by taozen View Post
    I am actually shocked that he has not been brought back. That is so not like comic books.
    That the vaguely Fu Manchu guy hasn't been resurrected in this era? Shocking

Never became a fan of Master Khan but if you had to bring him back, how would you do it?

I'd probably do something closer to this revamp of the Mandarin.

https://www.deviantart.com/green-mam...arin-862250445

Danny works more as a comedy character so I'd lean into it more and subvert it if I can.

Having Master Khan pick up a younger body in order to better compete with Danny is a cool angle.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-07-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    That the vaguely Fu Manchu guy hasn't been resurrected in this era? Shocking
    My point that he was killed in the mid 1990s and was not brought back in several Iron Fist series. Fu Manchu issue sprang in the "Yellow Peril" trope but Danny has had plenty of evil Asian Villains in multiple series. I was just surprised that the character that many considered to be his archenemy has not returned. I personally think that Davos is his archenemy myself but that is a different conversation.

It's probably because he's a magician and his powers are so undefined. We know modern Marvel has issues with powerful magical characters.

Ultimate Member

My point that he was killed in the mid 1990s and was not brought back in several Iron Fist series. Fu Manchu issue sprang in the "Yellow Peril" trope but Danny has had plenty of evil Asian Villains in multiple series. I was just surprised that the character that many considered to be his archenemy has not returned. I personally think that Davos is his archenemy myself but that is a different conversation.
    I think writers agree that Davos is Iron Fist's enemy, because they can kung-fu it up. Master Khan, not so much.

Hmm, kinda wonder where Priest's Black Dragon is, after all these retcons regarding the Dragon itself. I think when he created Black Dragon, Danny had been the first to slay the dragon.

Hi all. Been a while. Just wanted to offer my two cents on a couple of things:

- I reread all parts of the Heart of the Dragon miniseries, including the latest issue that came out on Wednesday. I had been confused with a lot of the issues, and rereading it, I realized why. There are some big glaring plot holes here. I can talk more about them later, but for now these plot holes make the story confusing. The dialogue can be pretty off at times as well. Characters and plot points change suddenly. Now, I admire that Hamas is incorporating both modern Marvel continuity, especially modern Iron Fist continuity. But yeah, the underlying premise is making this a less than enjoyable read. Still reading it in support of Danny though.

- As for the IF Netflix show, I'll agree with many others here. There were a confluence of factors which made season 1 subpar. The fight choreography, the rushed nature of the series, the cut corners, and the white savior vitriol, all of that played a role. The fight choreography gets me the most. If it's a martial arts show, you need to make sure the martial arts, especially the lead actor's martial arts, are good. An untrained actor cannot learn a Kung Fu fight scene in 15 minutes (I believe that's how much time Finn had to prepare for certain roles). The whole situation sucks, especially when you see the training the stunt team and Jessica Henwick went through to prepare:

However, I liked Finn's portrayal of Danny. It was episode 2 of the first season, when Danny shows his anger, that's when I saw Finn's acting. That performance stuck out to me. It reminded me of the anger Danny felt in the Andrews' series, which I know is divisive amongst Iron Fist fans. Things became better in other shows and seasons. I think the fight scenes in Defenders, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist season 2 were much, much better. But there were a lot of bad tastes in people's mouths because of what happened in season 1.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Danny will be appearing in an upcoming episode of Death Battle. His opponent will be Po from Kung Fu Panda.
    Ha, thanks for reminding us of that bro.

Yes you heard it here folks, Iron Fist will be taking on Po for the next Death Battle! Kung Fu fighting at it's best! Crossing the iron fists that Death Battle highlights Danny's best traits like the Maglev train explosion, taking down a S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier, knocking out Skaar, and punching a hole through the head of a fire god! Here's hoping that's enough to take down Kung Fu Panda!
    "I am a man of peace."

"I am a man of peace."

So here it is folks. Po vs. Iron Fist:

Did Danny pull through? Click the link to find out!
    "I am a man of peace."

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

How’d the sales go for this mini?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

Some characters just do not get the respect they deserve. I guess Po is waaaaay more loved than Danny.

Some characters just do not get the respect they deserve. I guess Po is waaaaay more loved than Danny.
    To be fair, Death Battle used all of this science and math to calculate who had the bigger feats. Additionally, the fight between the two was fairly even until the very end. At the very least, that fight was entertaining. Danny pulled off some wicked chi attacks.
    "I am a man of peace."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    It's probably because he's a magician and his powers are so undefined. We know modern Marvel has issues with powerful magical characters.
    Ain't that the truth. That's because all the magical characters powers are written without any magical systems to limit their abilities; therefore, they can do anything basically. That is one of the reasons so many Dr. Strange writers will significantly depower him at the beginning of their runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

I knew Po was going to win as soon as they announced the Battle. You can often tell what the outcome will be based on Death Battle's process for evaluating fighters and their abilities
    The J-man

Dang.

-Pav, who is processing...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details