Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They already have two candidates. There's Pei from the Andrews run and Victor the second Power Man.
    Yup.Let's see how it plays out

Ultimate Member

They already have two candidates. There's Pei from the Andrews run and Victor the second Power Man.
    Did Pei lose her fist too?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Did Pei lose her fist too?
    did she? I thought she had a version of it and Danny was training her to be his succesor.

Ultimate Member

did she? I thought she had a version of it and Danny was training her to be his succesor.
    I don't know, hence the question

I rather doubt it. Without the fist, they really have no justification for throwing a preteen into the danger like they do, lol.

Ultimate Member

I reread the mini, and I have to say, the best thing I can say about it was that it was no Cry for Justice.

I mean, this was a bad mini, don't get me wrong. But nothing that can't be easily patched over or fixed by another writer.

I mean, Taskmaster and Lady Bullseye seem to pop in and out of the mini utterly at random. We have a short scene with Midnight Sun before getting spidered and leaving without much of a conclusion. It's like Hama wanted to do a kung-fu mini but his mind wandered off half way through.

We lose Tiger's Daughter, and no one seems to care. Does her dragon get revived?

Brenda is the main villain, and damn if she's not underwhelming. So she wants revenge for the father she never knew or met. Even though her intro arc had her putting that all aside.

Can someone please send a memo to writers that revenge has been a poor, cliche motivation?

Extraordinary Member

Didn’t Pei give up her power in this same mini series.

It’s all in the dragon egg now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

I guess that leaves Vic.

Mighty Member

He is depowered again? Well at least Danny isn't dead. I haven't read the issue yet and I was just meh about the series. I guess it can wait in a pile of books once I go to my shop.

BANNED

Way to go Marvel. First Brian Braddock loses the Captain Britain mantle and then Danny Rand loses the Iron Fist.

These are my favorite characters...

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I reread the mini, and I have to say, the best thing I can say about it was that it was no Cry for Justice.

I mean, this was a bad mini, don't get me wrong. But nothing that can't be easily patched over or fixed by another writer.

I mean, Taskmaster and Lady Bullseye seem to pop in and out of the mini utterly at random. We have a short scene with Midnight Sun before getting spidered and leaving without much of a conclusion. It's like Hama wanted to do a kung-fu mini but his mind wandered off half way through.

We lose Tiger's Daughter, and no one seems to care. Does her dragon get revived?

Brenda is the main villain, and damn if she's not underwhelming. So she wants revenge for the father she never knew or met. Even though her intro arc had her putting that all aside.

Can someone please send a memo to writers that revenge has been a poor, cliche motivation?
    I expect more from Larry Hama.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Pei never uses the iron fist in the mini, so she almost certainly didn't lose it.

Did Hama know that she even had it? Or diid he just assume that Danny dragged a preteen girl into battle for the heck of it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I expect more from Larry Hama.
    That was probably a mistake. Like with PAD, it seems that older writers are coasting on their reps, are phoning it in or have exhausted their ideas.
    Last edited by The Cool Thatguy; 06-04-2021 at 04:36 PM.

I'm gonna laugh if Aaron puts Iron Fist in his team at some point and ignores this.

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if Aaron puts Iron Fist in his team at some point and ignores this.
    Oh yeah, how does this track with aping the BC Avengers...?

Extraordinary Member

I figure we probably won’t see Danny or Iron Fist mythos for a few years.
    But he’ll come back on his 50 year anniversary in Spring 2024

Giving time for Shang Chi to have the martial arts spotlight, and any negative feelings about the Netflix show to dissipate.

A couple of thoughts:

- Hope Pei hasn't lost her Iron Fist abilities. Still think she'd be great on the Agents of Atlas team.

- Yeah, in totality, Hama's story.....could have been better. I was confused most of the time. As has been mentioned, Taskmaster, Lady Bullseye, and Midnight Sun just randomly appear and then don't show up again. Like, what?

- I feel these latest developments could still factor into Aaron's Avengers run. The Iron Fist has returned to a dragon, again waiting to be claimed. Just like there have been new hosts of the Starbrand and Phoenix, there will probably be a new host for the Iron Fist.

- How would we feel about Danny being the new Thunderer? K'un Lun needs one and Danny would be a good teacher. As I mentioned before, Danny is still one of the best martial artists in the Marvel Universe. I think he'd look pretty badass in some redesigned Thunderer gear.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."