Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

"Rictor-in the place in your heart where you have always seen failure, there is instead a fault- a deep aching split in you that exposes a molten heat. You have always endured it. It is what I have always known about you-the great secret of the powers of Earth is that you just have a spirit that can stand to the heat beneath.

Like Cypher is the only one who can hear Krakoa's words, you are the only one that can hear her heartbeat. This era among us has given you the power of the land, made you powerful in a way previously undreamt. It is why this magic must be yours. All I have learned and gathered of our magic, I leave to you. "

Quote Originally Posted by andresdavidmr View Post
    "Rictor-in the place in your heart where you have always seen failure, there is instead a fault- a deep aching split in you that exposes a molten heat. You have always endured it. It is what I have always known about you-the great secret of the powers of Earth is that you just have a spirit that can stand to the heat beneath.

Like Cypher is the only one who can hear Krakoa's words, you are the only one that can hear her heartbeat. This era among us has given you the power of the land, made you powerful in a way previously undreamt. It is why this magic must be yours. All I have learned and gathered of our magic, I leave to you. "
    That was the best breakup text I've ever read

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It's a pretty letter, but this relationship between Apocalypse and Rictor was never properly established in the book. We only ever saw A using Rictor for his power, if Howard wanted us to believe they had some great personal connection she failed to deliver that. Same with this supposed connection Rictor has to Krakoa, it's just not in the book at all. He has barely even been on the island much less "heard it's heartbeat".

If Tini really has a specific plan for Rictor at least she should give moooore details about his gains from Apoc, Krakoa and "magic".

For instance, the process that Apoc guide him to get rid of his power disorder in Krakoa should be interesting and convincing, but Tini skipped them, so Rictor's loyalty to Apoc is understandable but definitely odd too.

I'm def in favor of a flash back issue, or an 80's style Jedi training montage. And while we're at it, I want a shirtless Rictor doing a handstand while he's practicing floating rocks.

Rictor/Shatterstar fans are going to LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVe X-factor.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I cannot wait!!!! I'm gonna die from anticipation srsly

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Lawd, I got teary.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Definitely curious about what exactly was happening there though. Guess we'll have to wait another issue.

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

You guys my heart omg

So it seems we all will get our wish as to who grabs Julio in the preview pages of Excalibur.

Yay! My favorite X-Men cis guys gay couple.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    So it seems we all will get our wish as to who grabs Julio in the preview pages of Excalibur.

So stoked
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Does this mean Rahne won't get to bite Rictor anymore? I guess only to make someone jealous. I was just looking around. Found this. Brought back memories.