Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

You all forgot someone: Coldmoon & Dragonfire

9579760C-9F85-46FA-B658-6416E5E26F27.jpg

Hi all. Wanted to ask if anyone else has read the Marvel Voices: Identity anthology yet? The issue features a number of the Agents, like Shang-Chi, Jimmy Woo, Wave, Amadeus Cho, and Silk. All of their stories were pretty good. I liked Jimmy's portrayal. He was confident and dashing during a time when many Asian men weren't seen that way.

The Amadeus Cho and Silk story focused on the anger of Asians' lack of recognition and recent attacks. I think the execution could have been better. Some of the outrage was very out front. Yes, these things have to be acknowledged, but I feel the depiction could have been more nuanced. Still, these things have to be mentioned. Plus, I chalk up the outrage to the effects of the Scarecrow.

Wave's story was cool. The artwork was a little too sketchy for me, but seeing Wave in action is always a treat. Hmmm what's going on between her and Bishop I wonder ?

In any case, thought the issue was pretty good. Could have been better, but overall there were good themes, action, and art.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Ultimate Member

I haven't read it yet but I'm curious to see how it handles Asian heroes reacting to underrepresentation and racist attacks. I didn't expect that to be there.

I read it and liked it.

Astonishing Member

I really enjoyed it! There was a nice mix between some fun action-adventure stories like Jimmy Woo one and the Wave one, and some deeper character-focused ones like Silhouette's story and Jubilee's.

You can see Amadeus in WEB of Spider-Man #4 this week.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I bought the Sword Master and Aero trade, Shang-Chi volume 1 by Yang and Agents of Atlas:Pandemonium when it was on sale.

The Sword Master, Aero and Wave trade is a collection of the backups. These are fun stories and a good luck at the new characters.

I wouldn't mind Lin Lie meeting Shang's brother Takeshi. Maybe he can take over as Lin's mentor? Lin needs a job so maybe you can have an arc where he joins the House of the Deadly Sword?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 09-13-2021 at 08:24 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I really love that redesign. It'd be a pretty dynamic costume for action sequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Digging the redesign here. Looking good!

In other Agents news:

- Have any of us read the Marvel Unlimited series featuring Shang-Chi and White Fox?:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/new-...vel-unlimited/

It's Marvel Unlimited exclusive. Looks cool, but I'm not too sure about getting an account for the title.

- Speaking of White Fox, she'll be in a one-shot released in November that ties into the Death of Dr. Strange:
    https://www.cbr.com/death-of-doctor-...te-fox-murder/

We'll get to see more of Ami's origins. But will Sword Master be killed off here? Hmmmm....
    "I am a man of peace."

Astonishing Member

Amadeus will be appearing in the upcoming MARVEL'S VOICES: COMUNIDADES one-shot!

Marvel has posted some early previews of the various stories and Brawn will be making an appearance in America Chavez's story! I wonder what will bring those two together? We don't usually see them cross paths, as they usually travel in different circles of youth superheroes.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-comunidades-1

Yeah, aside from the birthday party issue of Unstoppable Wasp which featured both the Young Avengers and the Champions, have America and Amadeus ever appeared together?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Iron Fist is being replaced... and it looks like the replacement is Sword Master. His sword is shown destroyed next to a trashcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Iron Fist is being replaced... and it looks like the replacement is Sword Master. His sword is shown destroyed next to a trashcan.

Good eye but this is probably the fastest way to get him hated by the the fandom. Plus I don't know if him being Iron Fist adds anything to him beyond a cool gimmick. Danny never found his footing like DD did. So there aren't a bunch of cool villians/supporting characters he'd benefit from.

Not gonna lie, him making a spirit sword like Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho would be dope.

Maybe we'll see him search the cities of heaven for his father?

I was hoping he'd join the house of Deadly Sabre and but heads with Esme. Maybe do a semester at Strange Academy.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-29-2021 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Just thinking out loud ;)

Hey all. Check out the cover to Death of Dr. Strange: White Fox #1 at the link below. In addition to the Tiger Division, some members of the Agents are featured:

Last edited by Tien Long; 11-25-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    "I am a man of peace."