Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quake's real name is Daisy Johnson. Nick Fury Jr's real name is Marcus Johnson.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Does Marvel have any Polynesian superheroes?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Not only is the answer no, Polynesia has only appeared in two Marvel issues ever according to the wiki. Once in a 90s monster book called Marvel Universe, and once in 80s era Doctor Strange.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    At least one.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mira_(Earth-616)

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

On June 10th, Wave (Class: Fighter) will join the battlefield of Wakanda.
    https://twitter.com/MARVELSuperWar/s...50108572508165

and

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Polynesian are people living in a very large area, and includes Hawaiian, I believe. So, there's probably a few. I know of Loa.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mondo and Mettle
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Black Cat Annual #1 preview with White Fox, Luna Snow and the new South Korean team Tiger Division.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-cat...nfinity-score/

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Black Cat Annual #1 preview with White Fox, Luna Snow and the new South Korean team Tiger Division.

https://www.gamesradar.com/black-cat...nfinity-score/
    They're both themed after animals (albeit more literal in Fox's case) and have white hair. They should've teamed-up sooner .

I kind of wish we'd gotten to see the punch .

Oh hey, Luna! And a whole new Asian hero team .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They're both themed after animals (albeit more literal in Fox's case) and have white hair. They should've teamed-up sooner .

I kind of wish we'd gotten to see the punch .

Oh hey, Luna! And a whole new Asian hero team .
    Liking White Fox's characterization. I'm feeling that spy vibe from her. The other members of the Tiger Division, we'll see. The Totem character is a little off for me. Cool to hear about Taeguki. A character on par with Blue Marvel or Sentry? Woah, that's different.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Anybody else check out The Black Cat Annual #2 this week?

Read it and overall enjoyed the showing of White Fox and the Tiger Division. There are certainly some heavy hitters on that team. More to the point, I liked White Fox's characterization. We've seen elements of her with the Agents, but she really shines here. I see someone who is a leader, who is making strategies and thinking how to achieve her mission. At the very least she traded wits and moves with Felicia. Really enjoyed their fight against those masked girls.

Again this just inspires me to see more Agents of Atlas stories. Power dynamics have changed a lot since we've last seen them. White Fox has Tiger Division and Shang has become head of the Five Weapons Society. Those two could easily come to blows with one another as they work together. Still holding out to see Sunfire in the Agents as well. With him, we add the X-Men into this (though I still would love to see a totally nationalistic Sunfire butt heads with White Fox, Wave, or Shang).

Please, we've to see more Agents soon!
    "I am a man of peace."

It's weird. Amadeus Cho is currently absent from Champions, I assume due to him being an Agent of Atlas. But meanwhile two of the modern agents (White Fox and Shang Chi - Luna Snow doesn't count as she was explicitly stated to be someone called in to assist, like Felicia was, but on more friendly terms) and one of the classic ones are busy elsewhere (Gorilla Man is working with the Agents of Wakanda, the Avengers second team - he's in the preview of the latest issue of Avengers, so the AOW book's cancellation hasn't changed that).

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    With him, we add the X-Men into this (though I still would love to see a totally nationalistic Sunfire butt heads with White Fox, Wave, or Shang).
    Tapping into historical conflicts there! Japan was once considered the villain in East and Southeast Asia before and during World War II; now it's China's turn to be labeled as such. Good thing Aero and Wave learned to work together. I wonder if we'll have a complete ASEAN roster of teams.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Anybody else check out The Black Cat Annual #2 this week?

Read it and overall enjoyed the showing of White Fox and the Tiger Division. There are certainly some heavy hitters on that team. More to the point, I liked White Fox's characterization. We've seen elements of her with the Agents, but she really shines here. I see someone who is a leader, who is making strategies and thinking how to achieve her mission. At the very least she traded wits and moves with Felicia. Really enjoyed their fight against those masked girls.

Again this just inspires me to see more Agents of Atlas stories. Power dynamics have changed a lot since we've last seen them. White Fox has Tiger Division and Shang has become head of the Five Weapons Society. Those two could easily come to blows with one another as they work together. Still holding out to see Sunfire in the Agents as well. With him, we add the X-Men into this (though I still would love to see a totally nationalistic Sunfire butt heads with White Fox, Wave, or Shang).

Please, we've to see more Agents soon!
    Plus battle damage White Fox .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Plus battle damage White Fox .
    Ha yes, White Fox definitely had her battle damage. It was nearly on full display .

Bleeding Cool gave the issue a positive review: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/blac...provisational/

White Fox can be funny and humorous when need be. As mentioned previously, she's also a thinker and strategist. If the Agents needed a new team leader, I could see her take up that role. There were some other cool members as well. That street brawling demigod looks great. Reminds me of Oldboy in a way. Maybe we'll see him and the rest of the Tiger Division in another Agents of Atlas series.
    "I am a man of peace."