Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Tapping into historical conflicts there! Japan was once considered the villain in East and Southeast Asia before and during World War II; now it's China's turn to be labeled as such. Good thing Aero and Wave learned to work together. I wonder if we'll have a complete ASEAN roster of teams.
    Interesting that you mentioned China Ray. Just reading about what China has done in the past few years in terms of accruing power and control has given me pause. Reading what the Xi Jinping and the CCP has done to Hong Kong...................I edge on frustration with that. Having ties to both sides of that conflict can cause one to be in a difficult position.

I wonder if the next Agents of Atlas book would deal with that. Aero and Wave may have worked together in the past. Do they do so now?

As for ASEAN members, absolutely. Want to see more Filipinos, Vietnamese, Indonesians, Thai, Malaysians, etc. represented here. Already expressed my hopes for a Filipino marine character. Actually, that reminds me, I'm still waiting for these characters to show up in the Marvel Universe proper:

These are the Warriors of the Sky from Marvel's Future Fight game. Most of them are from Southeast Asia. Think they'd be excellent additions to the Agents.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Interesting that you mentioned China Ray. Just reading about what China has done in the past few years in terms of accruing power and control has given me pause. Reading what the Xi Jinping and the CCP has done to Hong Kong...................I edge on frustration with that. Having ties to both sides of that conflict can cause one to be in a difficult position.

I wonder if the next Agents of Atlas book would deal with that. Aero and Wave may have worked together in the past. Do they do so now?

As for ASEAN members, absolutely. Want to see more Filipinos, Vietnamese, Indonesians, Thai, Malaysians, etc. represented here. Already expressed my hopes for a Filipino marine character. Actually, that reminds me, I'm still waiting for these characters to show up in the Marvel Universe proper:

These are the Warriors of the Sky from Marvel's Future Fight game. Most of them are from Southeast Asia. Think they'd be excellent additions to the Agents.
    Even as their own team!

Oh yeah, they're the ones based off the four animal gods, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Indeed they are. Have they been brought into 616 proper yet?
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Indeed they are. Have they been brought into 616 proper yet?
    Yep, based on the Four Heavenly Beasts. And no they haven't been introduced yet. I could easily see them engaged against one of the Agents. Wave taking on Sunbird would be an excellent display of Malaysian/Filipino martial arts. Kris vs. kris!
    "I am a man of peace."

They look cool so I hope they do.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Amadeus' AAPI cover from InHyuk Lee:

https://twitter.com/inhyuklee/status...55511719006210
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Hi everybody, first post here on CBR Community. I guess I may be a few years late but I just started reading the New AoA. I have to say, I like it and really do appreciate the fact that there are more Asians in Marvel. I do wish there were more Filipinos in Marvel as well as other Asians but specifically male Asians. There needs to be more male Asian representation. Would love to bring this guy back and over to Marvel:

Grail004.jpg

Ok how many even knew of this game when this was posted last month?

I only found it from a search for Marvel Wave. From the comments, the game doesn't seem to be heavily promoted/
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    G.I. Joe.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I only found it from a search for Marvel Wave. From the comments, the game doesn't seem to be heavily promoted/
    Isn't it still only available in limited release? It isn't available in Europe or the Americas, AFAIK.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fonkee Monkey View Post
    Hi everybody, first post here on CBR Community. I guess I may be a few years late but I just started reading the New AoA. I have to say, I like it and really do appreciate the fact that there are more Asians in Marvel. I do wish there were more Filipinos in Marvel as well as other Asians but specifically male Asians. There needs to be more male Asian representation. Would love to bring this guy back and over to Marvel:

Grail004.jpg
    Welcome!

Who is that?
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

First voice role for her, I see.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Welcome!

Who is that?
    Looks like Grail, of the Wetworks, an Image book (but Wildstorm, IIRC, so DC owns him now).

Amadeus' AAPI cover from InHyuk Lee:

https://twitter.com/inhyuklee/status...55511719006210
    Wow getting serious model vibes here. Who knew gamma was so sexy!

As a reminder folks, Marvel's Voices: Identity will be coming out August 25th. Here is the cover and article from CBR https://www.cbr.com/marvel-voices-id...el-silk-cover/

Marvel showcases its Asian super heroes with a new title, Marvel's Voices: Identity, written and drawn by some of the foremost Asian creators in comics.

Asian characters have been a part of Marvel for longer than most people realize, says editor Darren Shan. "It's unreal to me that one of Marvel's first Asian super heroes, Jimmy Woo, was first introduced in 1956," said editor Darren Shan. "He predates the Fantastic Four, Spider-Man and the X-Men. It just goes to show that Asians have been an integral part of Marvel's history, both on the page and behind it. So I'm incredibly excited to celebrate that with all these amazing creators, new and established, featuring some of Marvel's greatest (and dare I say it, best) super heroes!"

Wu is featured on the first issue cover, drawn by Jim Cheung, along with Shang-Chi, Jubilee, Ms. Marvel and Silk. Other characters featured inside are Armor, Wave, Silhouette and Silver Samurai. There are five variant covers, including one of Nico Minoru rendered by Peach Momoko, and one of the Uncanny X-Men by Philip Tan.

In a media release, Marvel stated that Marvel's Voices: Identity is "the latest in a far-reaching lineup of one-shots designed to uplift marginalized voices and celebrate the diversity of Marvel Comics’ characters and creators."

Marvel's Voices: Identity #1 is written by Gene Luen Yang, Christina Strain, Maurene Goo, Greg Pak, Sabir Pirzada, Alyssa Wong, Jeremy Holt and Ken Niimura, with art by Marcus To, Jason Loo, Lynne Yohshii Creees Lee, Mashal Ahmed, Whilce Portacio, Alti Firmansyah and Ken Niimura, and cover by Jim Cheung. Variant covers are by Inhyuk Lee, Peach Momoko, Philip Tan, Mashal Ahmed and Rian Gonzales. Marvel's Voices: Identity #1 goes on sale Aug. 25.
    "I am a man of peace."

First voice role for her, I see.
    The developers gave her a Filipino English accent wherein she learned it as a second language in late childhood, or she was brought up in a family where the English was spoken like that.
    Wow getting serious model vibes here. Who knew gamma was so sexy!
    Is it possible to be a Hulk and not have a six pack? Because if not; there's your shortcut to getting ripped: be a Hulk!
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    G.I. Joe.