Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Just wanted to update Agents of Atlas news:

White Fox will be having a new appearance in the upcoming "Infinite Destinies" storyline. She'll appear in the Black Cat annual:

Two weeks from now, we'll have the premiere of a new Silk series!

Preview art can be seen here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...21-preview-art

Finally, though not officially an agent, the Japanese superhero Radiance appeared in this week's Iron Fist #3:

Think she'd be an excellent addition to the Agents. While not my choice Sunfire, she looks pretty cool.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

White Fox will be having a new appearance in the upcoming "Infinite Destinies" storyline. She'll appear in the Black Cat annual:

Preview art can be seen here: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...21-preview-art

Finally, though not officially an agent, the Japanese superhero Radiance appeared in this week's Iron Fist #3:

Think she'd be an excellent addition to the Agents. While not my choice Sunfire, she looks pretty cool.
    I agree, I think that Radiance could be a good choice for the Agents.

Wow, long time no see! Radiance is from the pre-Secret Wars book All-New Invaders, which suffered near the end due to being forced to use Sam Wilson instead of Steve Rogers. Sam has no business being with the Invaders and was only there because he was the new Captain America.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wow, long time no see! Radiance is from the pre-Secret Wars book All-New Invaders, which suffered near the end due to being forced to use Sam Wilson instead of Steve Rogers. Sam has no business being with the Invaders and was only there because he was the new Captain America.

All New Invaders had some problems at the end, but I don't think Sam Wilson had anything to do with it, or that Robinson was "forced" to used him. Robinson was big on using what other writers were doing to tie the book into the greater MU.

As for Sam Wilson not having any business being with the Invaders ... why not? He was a legacy character of an original Invader just like Radiance. He had worked with Bucky and maybe Jim Hammond. He had far more connections to the Invaders than the Eternals or Deathlok or the Kree -- all of which Robinson threw into that book.

Beyond that, yes, it IS good to see Radiance again.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Mighty Member

Now that Shang Chi has an ongoing run soon, it will be a great opportunity to guest star some Agent of Atlas. Ok?

It's nice to see Radiance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    All New Invaders had some problems at the end, but I don't think Sam Wilson had anything to do with it, or that Robinson was "forced" to used him. Robinson was big on using what other writers were doing to tie the book into the greater MU.

As for Sam Wilson not having any business being with the Invaders ... why not? He was a legacy character of an original Invader just like Radiance. He had worked with Bucky and maybe Jim Hammond. He had far more connections to the Invaders than the Eternals or Deathlok or the Kree -- all of which Robinson threw into that book.

Beyond that, yes, it IS good to see Radiance again.
    Agreed. Seems to have a good appearance here. Wouldn't hurt the Agents to have a bit more firepower. Says in the Marvel Wiki that she's a J-Pop star. Perhaps she comes in co-headlining a worldwide tour with Luna Snow? That'd be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Now that Shang Chi has an ongoing run soon, it will be a great opportunity to guest star some Agent of Atlas. Ok?
    Agreed. Shang becoming leader of the Five Weapons Society elevates him. How do the other members of the Agents, especially a leader like Jimmy Woo, view Shang now? Does the Five Weapons Society help or harm the Agents?

Some other news:
    Here is the cover the Black Cat Annual featuring White Fox and the rest of the Tiger Division:

Looks cool. Luna appears to be a member of the Tiger Division as well.
    "I am a man of peace."

As an aside, the attacks on Asian-Americans over the past year, is something I hope is explored in some fashion. It could be in Silk or Shang-Chi, but I definitely think an Agents of Atlas title would be the best way to explore it. We've talked about it before, but the recent uptick in violence, and especially the recent shooting in Atlanta, is bringing the issue attention. Right now, it has to addressed. Indeed, as an Asian-American, I'm starting to be afraid. Now, I'm not saying that the United States has treated me horribly over the past several decades and this is the straw breaking the camel's back. This country (and it's people) have been great to me. But with these recent attacks, my differences are starting to become more apparent. I feel I've target on me when I go out. I'm afraid for my parents. For some of my friends, they've started to plot escape routes and proximity to a police station. Attacks, "go back to China!," "China virus," are these what people will say to me when I go out?

Bringing it back, I'd like to see how the Agents of Atlas would deal with this. I'd especially like to see how Asian-Americans like Amadeus, Silk, or Jimmy Woo respond. Do the feelings of "perpetual foreigner" come bubbling up? So yeah, a one-shot, a miniseries, just a something featuring the Agents of Atlas dealing with Anti-Asian racism, that would be helpful at this time.
    "I am a man of peace."

Venus origins

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Venus origins
    She's been through some stuff (while looking gorgeous the whole time) .

As an aside, the attacks on Asian-Americans over the past year, is something I hope is explored in some fashion. It could be in Silk or Shang-Chi, but I definitely think an Agents of Atlas title would be the best way to explore it. We've talked about it before, but the recent uptick in violence, and especially the recent shooting in Atlanta, is bringing the issue attention. Right now, it has to addressed. Indeed, as an Asian-American, I'm starting to be afraid. Now, I'm not saying that the United States has treated me horribly over the past several decades and this is the straw breaking the camel's back. This country (and it's people) have been great to me. But with these recent attacks, my differences are starting to become more apparent. I feel I've target on me when I go out. I'm afraid for my parents. For some of my friends, they've started to plot escape routes and proximity to a police station. Attacks, "go back to China!," "China virus," are these what people will say to me when I go out?

Bringing it back, I'd like to see how the Agents of Atlas would deal with this. I'd especially like to see how Asian-Americans like Amadeus, Silk, or Jimmy Woo respond. Do the feelings of "perpetual foreigner" come bubbling up? So yeah, a one-shot, a miniseries, just a something featuring the Agents of Atlas dealing with Anti-Asian racism, that would be helpful at this time.
    You should check out the Good Asian comic from Image.

A miniseries with a rotating POV could be ideal. Having each issue from a different perspective could be an interesting hook.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    You should check out the Good Asian comic from Image.

A miniseries with a rotating POV could be ideal. Having each issue from a different perspective could be an interesting hook.
    Ha, bro, just picked that up yesterday! Cool, noir, and some hard truths along the way. Like that idea of a rotating POV.

As an aside, I'm frustrated that the Agents aren't being featured right now especially during Asian Pacific American Heritage Month. Now, Shang-Chi will be in an ongoing later this month. Silk has her mini-series. But it would have been cool of Marvel really highlighted this month with the Agents of Atlas.

Also frustrated to see the new line up of the X-Men:

Yep, it seems Sunfire will be part of the X-Men. Argh, just wish he made an appearance with the Agents.
    "I am a man of peace."

He still can pop up in a crossover or guest appearance.

It's a surprise to see Radiance. She was one of the more interesting points of All New Invaders. If I remember correctly, she was an idol or entertainer of some sort as well as a hero? She could make a good choice for interacting with Luna.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    It's a surprise to see Radiance. She was one of the more interesting points of All New Invaders. If I remember correctly, she was an idol or entertainer of some sort as well as a hero? She could make a good choice for interacting with Luna.
    Yeah, she was basically a Japanese idol that also moonlighted as a Superhero and was the grandaughter of Golden Girl of the Invaders.